British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

19 hours ago, TTT said:

Everyone is too blame.

Buster has been Buster like always (a leopard never changes it's spots) and Tomalin hasn't backed up all the pre-season talk. Both of them have allowed Holder gate to ruin the clubs potential final season.

Carl Johnson couldn't take anymore of it and eventually said it F IT I'M OFF after his enthusiasm died. 

Buster wants to con Tomalin in his attempt to purchase the club but Tomalin wants it for as cheap as possible.

I'd rather not have a club at all if it means that I don't have to put up with this BS anymore, Speedway just for the sake of it......NOT FOR ME!

For me, that is a more reasoned comment from a Panthers fan, rather than blame Buster for everything from the weather to someone peeing on the seat in the bogs., like many seem to do on here. 

5 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

For me, that is a more reasoned comment from a Panthers fan, rather than blame Buster for everything from the weather to someone peeing on the seat in the bogs., like many seem to do on here. 

It can't be all bad if the bogs have seats!!:rolleyes:

So why was this called off tonight? Ive checked multiple forecasts and says bright sunshine/cloud not any rain forecast from 12? 17/18 degrees? Up herer at armadale (edinburgh monarchs) we can still get meeting on and raceable even if we have rain at 1730-1800 for an 1930 tapes up? 

Edited by GhostRider
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, GhostRider said:

So why was this called off tonight? Ive checked multiple forecasts and says bright sunshine/cloud not any rain forecast from 12? 17/18 degrees? Up herer at armadale (edinburgh monarchs) we can still get meeting on and raceable even if we have rain at 1730-1800 for an 1930 tapes up? 

££££££££££££££

TV meeting vs a chance to maybe, not running it all or with no TV cameras.

I'd imagine Eurosport are pissed off with this decision 

Edited by Panthers99

Hopefully it’s in time for them to switch the TV meeting.

4 hours ago, GhostRider said:

Exactly what I thought. They are way too happy to call it off. Really it follows the trend of the whole season, they just can’t be arsed.

5 hours ago, GhostRider said:

Because too many people have been complaining about inadequate notice of a rain off. When the predicted risk of rain increases from 88% to 90% to 93% then 96% in 12 hours following 2 days of rain already it's almost a foregone conclusion. A post on another thread is asking why they have left it so late!

I'm pleased you enjoy wet meetings at Edinburgh when they manage to keep it on

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

Because too many people have been complaining about inadequate notice of a rain off. When the predicted risk of rain increases from 88% to 90% to 93% then 96% in 12 hours following 2 days of rain already it's almost a foregone conclusion. A post on another thread is asking why they have left it so late!

I'm pleased you enjoy wet meetings at Edinburgh when they manage to keep it on

I see, well its basically always wet here up n edinburgh lol so got to make best of a bad situation i suppose, it can cost a lot of money for rain off if not done in correct time, hopefully EUROSPORT will switch but no guarantee there.  

Edited by GhostRider

4 minutes ago, GhostRider said:

I see, well its basically always wet here up n edinburgh lol so got to make best of a bad situation i suppose, it can cost a lot of money for rain off if not done in correct time, hopefully EUROSPORT will switch but no guarantee there.  

Eurosport are NOT switching- no live Speedway tonight.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Oh well looks like popcorn and a movie then 

13 minutes ago, GhostRider said:

Edinburgh used to be bad for letting the fans in and then calling the meeting off just before the tapes were due to go up.

But I'm glad to say their actions have now changed

1 minute ago, cinderfella said:

Edinburgh used to be bad for letting the fans in and then calling the meeting off just before the tapes were due to go up.

But I'm glad to say their actions have now changed

I would certainly agree with that being a regular fan/anorak was very frustrating at times but think as you say changed days around that situation

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GhostRider said:

The biggest cost is to the host broadcaster who are in for megabucks if it's off after they are in situ. They have to pay for satellite up link time if they don't give adequate notice.

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

There are no meetings on anyway - as should be the case in WC week!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Byker Biker said:

The biggest cost is to the host broadcaster who are in for megabucks if it's off after they are in situ. They have to pay for satellite up link time if they don't give adequate notice.

Indeed i agree, they certainly would not be happy with late call off as you say have to pay.