British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

On 8/10/2023 at 6:54 PM, False dawn said:

You have to think that this change would have been more acceptable to the Leicester faithful had it been for two proven riders. Richie vs Bomber is, for me, pretty much like for like. We all know Bomber's entertainment value coming from the back, but total scoring potential says the two riders are similar.
Unfortunately, I think the same can be said for Troy Batchelor and Craig Cook. I can't see Craig maintaining a 5.96 average. Dropping below Jake Allen could still be on the cards.

The really sad thing, mathematically, is that Richie could almost have been brought in for Batch without releasing Bomber. The team total would have only been 0.40 over the permitted total. Perhaps if Bomber had been as bad as some people are making out, he'd still be in the team.

Possibly Cook has a better chance of staying above Allen than Batchelor? 

On 8/10/2023 at 7:12 PM, noaksey said:

He nearly quit but didn't and in fact wouldn't rule out working with Leicester/Dixon again

Not much of a story really 

What an absolute load of bottom gravy this is! Chris Harris ought to stay schtum now because if he continues he's at risk of making himself seem stupid and that would be a great shame because he is a speedway legend. I think what he was scoring for Leicester, is probably what he would be scoring for any premiership club. He's having a fantastic season with the long track so far, why tarnish that by pointless whingeing?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

What an absolute load of bottom gravy this is! Chris Harris ought to stay schtum now because if he continues he's at risk of making himself seem stupid and that would be a great shame because he is a speedway legend. I think what he was scoring for Leicester, is probably what he would be scoring for any premiership club. He's having a fantastic season with the long track so far, why tarnish that by pointless whingeing?

Judging by that I suspect you are Scottish and have a bit of a soft spot for fellow Scot Dixon...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mick Bratley said:

A petition was started yesterday to save Peterborough Speedway. If anyone would like to sign it the link is here: https://www.change.org/p/unjust-removal-of-a-pastime-and-sport-precious-to-thousands-over-the-world?source_location=search

Please also share amongst your social media connections if possible. Thanks.

I signed it yesterday and would urge all fans of all clubs to do the same.  It could be your team next. 

• Like 2

A petition was started yesterday to save Peterborough Speedway. If anyone would like to sign it the link is here: https://www.change.org/p/unjust-removal-of-a-pastime-and-sport-precious-to-thousands-over-the-world?source_location=search

Signed and I've shared the petition on both Facebook and Twitter.

Done and posted on Speedway around the Bend on FB

Respectable score line tonight away at a decent side. Shame we didn’t have this team from the start of the season, poor team building with the inclusion of the tubby Worrall brother and Hans. Some home meetings to look forward to now and hopefully finishing on a high!

• Like 1

On 8/15/2023 at 10:02 AM, Mick Bratley said:

Any support would be appreciated 

• Like 2

Patryk Wojdylo is now a Tiger and a Panther as it seems hes joining Glasgow for the rest of the season replacing fellow Pole  Marcin Nowak 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Colinspeedway said:

https://mycommunity.org.uk/what-are-assets-of-community-value-acv

Wonder if this is an avenue worth exploring?

Only had a very quick skim of that, I'm sure that all of that was considered when the Peterborough local plan was drawn up and adopted in 2019, hence the inclusion of LP30 and it's protection of Peterborough speedway as an existing culture, leisure, tourism and community facility. The developers are bound to put in supporting information, along with any planning application, to counteract the specifics of LP30. If and when their submission is verified by PCC and moves in to the public domain, it's then that the club will need an immediate and urgent big response from the fans. Primarily local supporters/residents will carry more weight but I guess the more the merrier. It'll also need the supporters club and their members to get onboard and help anyone (although should be leading in all honesty) who organises action as a show of club support (much like Save The Bees do).

Edited by Crump99

On 8/21/2023 at 1:53 PM, Crump99 said:

Only had a very quick skim of that, I'm sure that all of that was considered when the Peterborough local plan was drawn up and adopted in 2019, hence the inclusion of LP30 and it's protection of Peterborough speedway as an existing culture, leisure, tourism and community facility. The developers are bound to put in supporting information, along with any planning application, to counteract the specifics of LP30. If and when their submission is verified by PCC and moves in to the public domain, it's then that the club will need an immediate and urgent big response from the fans. Primarily local supporters/residents will carry more weight but I guess the more the merrier. It'll also need the supporters club and their members to get onboard and help anyone (although should be leading in all honesty) who organises action as a show of club support (much like Save The Bees do).

Completely separate to the local plan. An application rather than a designation. 

This article explains further and I think this avenue needs to be considered by Peterborough and Wolves.

https://southleedslife.com/supporters-secure-elland-road-as-an-asset-of-community-value/ 

On 8/20/2023 at 8:43 PM, bigcatdiary said:

Any support would be appreciated 

I've signed it but older people who I know have struggled with it so so I wouldn't expect the numbers to be high...I have to say it's not very user friendly and looks a bit dodgy.