British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

1 hour ago, yaxley panther said:

Who knows , he may turn out to be Mr popular ;)

You've seen the sandwich platter he puts on at the end of a meeting then :D

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

After CJ bailed out, your team has been improved dramatically. CJ was the promoter running things from the start with his buddy MT, who supposed to be co promoter, but he didn't end up doing that.. Most felt that Buster would just do nothing and run the clock down, but he hasn't.. He's  brought riders in and he is paying them now, and doing the deals.. I can't say any more than that.

The I know the real truth story is getting a bit tiresome though. Either post the facts, as you understand them or give it a rest, said in the nicest possible way. CJ has been a yo-yo for years and you seem to think that him making decisions is a plus. I'm not sure how many Panthers fans feel the same?

Until Buster actually says what went wrong with the Tomlin deal, why he has been so negative on our future during 2023 (although I understand if it's not to upset AEPG as Bratters says), or why here at the end of 2022, at 1.01 he say that Panthers could have another few seasons at the EoES ? https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1285189478916248 then the jury is out and will remain so.

Yes he's providing a good ending, and credit for that, but the emphasis very much on ending with others fighting for the club and energising the fans to get active. Surely even a die-hard Buster fan such as yourself can see that there are some questions to answer?

• Like 3

I'm guessing they will wait until after tomorrow before announcing the Lynn meeting as they know a lot of people will come tomorrow thinking it's the last ever meeting..which continues on the theme of Busters dishonesty..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

The I know the real truth story is getting a bit tiresome though. Either post the facts, as you understand them or give it a rest, said in the nicest possible way. CJ has been a yo-yo for years and you seem to think that him making decisions is a plus. I'm not sure how many Panthers fans feel the same?

I don't pretend to know everything. I only know what i have been told by someone very credible and close, on some things, not everything by a long way.. Guess i'll have to shut up in the nicest possible way then.. :)

Until Buster actually says what went wrong with the Tomlin deal, why he has been so negative on our future during 2023 (although I understand if it's not to upset AEPG as Bratters says), or why here at the end of 2022, at 1.01 he say that Panthers could have another few seasons at the EoES ? https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1285189478916248 then the jury is out and will remain so.

True, and would love to hear it as well.. My guess, and this is a guess,  is that Holdergate had something to do with it falling apart early on. Regarding the vid. Maybe Buster thought/hoped there was a chance at the time he said it that something might be able be worked out. I really don't know.. With all these objections going in, it wouldn't surprise me if  something might happen, but i suspect the offer, if made, might be ridiculous, and  rent related. Making it not viable anyway. But they can say they tried but the sport is not viable.

Yes he's providing a good ending, and credit for that, but the emphasis very much on ending with others fighting for the club and energising the fans to get active. Surely even a die-hard Buster fan such as yourself can see that there are some questions to answer?

Thank you :). A little bit of credit, is better than  what he has had from most on here all season. That's why i have been supportive of him. Some of  the stuff is undeserved  imho..  It's not been easy for him this season, with both promoters leaving for different reasons. He was as good as retired, then had all this put on him.  I don't know what if any part he has in trying to save the Panthers if any.. If i was in his shoes i would of shut the doors when CJ jacked after the poo he was getting.

13 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Hope I'm wrong, but I think tomorrow maybe our last match.

The Kings Lynn match is meaningless and won't affect the final league positions. It  will also save Buster a shed load of money if it isn't run.

What are the speedway authorities going to do if its not ridden ? No good fining Peterborough as they will be defunct after tomorrow !

Edited by pleasureboy60
Spelling

14 minutes ago, pleasureboy60 said:

The Kings Lynn match is meaningless and won't affect the final league positions. It  will also save Buster a shed load of money if it isn't run.

What are the speedway authorities going to do if its not ridden ? No good fining Peterborough as they will be defunct after tomorrow !

I hope your wrong as well. Buster is going to have to take the hit, and run the meeting. 

24 minutes ago, pleasureboy60 said:

I wasn't planning on going tomorrow (Canary Wharf - Business Lunch), but I might have to do it now. I think you might be right.

36 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I hope your wrong as well. Buster is going to have to take the hit, and run the meeting. 

Buster is past caring now! My feeling is he will forfeit the Lynn match for a small fine from the Speedway authorities. Cheaper than paying riders.

7 minutes ago, pleasureboy60 said:

Buster is past caring now! My feeling is he will forfeit the Lynn match for a small fine from the Speedway authorities. Cheaper than paying riders.

Surely he wouldn't do that to your fans :blink:. If he does then he deserves everything he gets. And i hope if it leads to a fine, and it will be an appropriate one under the circumstances.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Can't see any reason Buster would not want to run it

Potentially the last ever meeting at The Showground and will surely attract a huge huge attendance

The takings will far outweigh the outgoings even though paying both teams

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BassoRacingFan said:

I wasn't planning on going tomorrow (Canary Wharf - Business Lunch), but I might have to do it now. I think you might be right.

I applause your dedication. Work from home tomorrow mate.

image.jpeg.252d6a21bacac75e36ad61fe54076635.jpeg

Edited by Bald Bloke

See link below for the Preview for the Wolves meeting. Rob Lyon clearly says we have two remaining meetings and the date for the Kings Lynn meeting will be released shortly.

http://www.peterborough-speedway.com/_mobile/news.php?extend.4251&fbclid=IwAR3oUBjaNlFAV73YtjiafG30XAC3EFatNoyxEGYypV7rV5uUjExdenX_VtQ

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I applause your dedication. Work from home tomorrow mate.

image.jpeg.252d6a21bacac75e36ad61fe54076635.jpeg

This is what Peterborough Speedway is all about ! It's in the blood and I for one am going to miss it so much.

Club press release saying penultimate meeting, the club needs to fight this with the fans and not lay down and die 

3 minutes ago, pleasureboy60 said:

This is what Peterborough Speedway is all about ! It's in the blood and I for one am going to miss it so much.

As a Bees fan, I can say with all honesty, that we all feel for you.