British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

9 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

On a more positive note, who do fans want to see at the farewell meeting? 

I really hope we see Hans Andersen, Ryan Sullivan, Krystof Buczkowski, Norbert Kosciuch, Niels Kristian Iversen and Kenneth Bjerre.

More likely to be a mix of Pboros and Kings Lynn riders can’t see Buster breaking the bank 

10 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

On a more positive note, who do fans want to see at the farewell meeting? 

I really hope we see Hans Andersen, Ryan Sullivan, Krystof Buczkowski, Norbert Kosciuch, Niels Kristian Iversen and Kenneth Bjerre.

Positive note and farewell meeting in the same sentence. Well done. You're not Paul Grinnell or on the AEPG payroll are you :neutral:

21 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Came across an uploaded tribute to Craig Featherby by his brother Neil on you tube yesterday that included footage of Craig riding for Kings Lynn and Milton Keynes

It was 40 years ago on the 16th September 1983 that Craig sadly lost his life from injuries received in a track crash at the showground 

Whilst i was shocked it was now 40 years ago i still have memories of that fateful night ,

The very wet track and atrocious conditions that the riders rode in that night with many saying at the time the meeting should never have been run at all.

As a consequence of the fateful crash the control board made it compulsory for track lighting to be moved back from the fence to a minimum of 3 metres

The lighting in those days was like a standard street light and if one bulb blew it left a dark spot on the track  thankfully theres no issue with todays bright lights.

—————————————
A very sad night. If my memory is correct, I’m sure the MK’s riders wanted the meeting called. After a track inspection the referee’s decision was the match continues. It was the very next race when the tragic accident occurred. I can remember getting home and seeing it announced on Anglia news. I feared the worst but was in shock with what I’d just witnessed.

1 hour ago, Haza said:

More likely to be a mix of Pboros and Kings Lynn riders can’t see Buster breaking the bank 

Fear you will be correct 

Here's hoping that from October 8th those who maybe involved in attempting to keep the club alive get the chance to show that 

PETERBOROUGH NEEDS SPEEDWAY 

Edited by scoobydoo

4 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Fear you will be correct 

Here's hoping that from October 8th those who maybe involved in attempting to keep the club alive get the chance to show that 

PETERBOROUGH NEEDS SPEEDWAY 

Buster will need to do better with the farewell night riders if he wants my money.

1 hour ago, Hackney said:

Buster will need to do better with the farewell night riders if he wants my money.

Who's in the line up?.. Not announced yet as far as i know.

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Who's in the line up?.. Not announced yet as far as i know.

Bomber and Simon Lambert have been officially announced so far.

2 minutes ago, Pitch said:

Bomber and Simon Lambert have been officially announced so far.

Add Ben Cook and Steve Worrall

2 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Add Ben Cook and Steve Worrall

I just looked at the Panthers website and so far it is

Bomber, Simon Lambert, Danny King, Paul Starke, Ben Cook, & Steve Worrall.

That council leader meeting a couple of pages ago had me thinking.  Clearly the leader does not understand how the local plan should work.  He talks about not spending public money to help the speedway.  The public money spent on producing the plan was obviously spent.  It is now time we should be getting some of that value for our spent money.  The Local Plan should be used to ensure that developers develop in line with the overall city planning objectives, not just the developers pockets.  The council are responsible for accepting or rejecting plans that  do not comply with the local plan.  The excuses that no members of any Western Home Counties golf clubs ever discuss the last night's meeting at Belle Vue or Foxhall will not wash round here.

AEPG are FULLY  responsible for producing plans that provide for compulsory elements of local plan in the plans they submit to the council planning department.

Under the National Authority of Local Councils Guidance, the council can provide intermediary assistance between developers and existing property owners but the requirement to plan and pay for the re-provision of a speedway stadium in the EoS if they are not going to leave it where it is falls entirely to AEPG.  If they do not, the council must show them the door

The actions to insist in speedway at EoE ending this season and using that to claim non-viability are contrary to planning law and can be used to insist that these two combined applications must be rejected out of hand.  AEPG, as current owners of the showground, would be fully responsible if there is any criminal damage to the speedway facilities and it is found that they either collude with the those potentially  doing damage or order it themselves. (shades of the wonky pub and Brandon Stadium in Coventry.- same rules)

Another interesting document if the footy gets too boring: https://www.nalc.gov.uk/library/publications/1634-planning-explained/file

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OldNutter said:

AEPG are FULLY  responsible for producing plans that provide for compulsory elements of local plan in the plans they submit to the council planning department.

I'm sure that they have tried to get out of those elements by submitting to PCC a prepared document which looks at the  loss of Peterborough Speedway in the context of Local Plan Policy. I don't believe that document is in the public domain and I've hit a blank trying to get a copy of it. I know the basics and their arguments are pretty weak and have generally been negated by many many excellent objections. AEPG do hold the cards though and unless someone from the club (who will that be because Chapman is demob-happy and allegedly there is nobody else?) calls AEPG's bluff and goes public then they will stick with the non-viable excuse at an unused EoES and it may just stick. PCC will look for a get out and no 2024 would do it IMO.

11 hours ago, Crump99 said:

AEPG do hold the cards though and unless someone from the club (who will that be because Chapman is demob-happy and allegedly there is nobody else?) calls AEPG's bluff and goes public then they will stick with the non-viable excuse at an unused EoES and it may just stick. PCC will look for a get out and no 2024 would do it IMO. 

What is Peterborough Speedway?  We are not talking limited one-man band companies here, so presumably if someone gets BSP approval to run a season branded as "Peterborough Speedway" it would still technically exist and no amount of documents could prove otherwise.  But does such a someone(s) with the necessary cash actually exist?  It is not beyond the possibility that PCC could reject the current planning bid because it has more holes in it than a  Swiss cheese and nobody wants to run the speedway racing while PCC sort out the mess that have got themselves into.

I am suspicious old sod, but why does the last meeting publicity say "Farewell to the Showground" and not mention what or who is saying farewell to what from the showground.  Is it a farewell to the showground for Buster but not speedway?  The publicity also points to making contact direct to Buster's mobile if you want to sponsor anything at the meeting?

I get the feeling we may have been peeing against the wind for the past month ore so in expecting anything positive to happen.  I do hope not, but the next few weeks will be pivotal.

19 hours ago, Pitch said:

I just looked at the Panthers website and so far it is

Bomber, Simon Lambert, Danny King, Paul Starke, Ben Cook, & Steve Worrall.

Irresistible 

28 minutes ago, Littleze said:

Irresistible 

Decided we will not be attending Busters Banking Bonanza looks like maximum profit for minimal outlay,

Sponsorship packages,bespoke race jackets bang average riders so far.

Not going to put another penny in his pocket to help him support KL next season. Shame he didnt make the same effort to save the club.                            TIN HAT AT THE READY.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hackney said:

Decided we will not be attending Busters Banking Bonanza looks like maximum profit for minimal outlay,

Sponsorship packages,bespoke race jackets bang average riders so far.

Not going to put another penny in his pocket to help him support KL next season. Shame he didnt make the same effort to save the club.                            TIN HAT AT THE READY.

I don’t blame you… it’s playing on diehards emotions basically.. and offering up, not a lot.