British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Hard to believe Mr Chapman's assertion that this wasn't a "cash cow". Perhaps he will in due course substantiate this but more likely it will remain "strictly private"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, arnieg said:

:mad::sad::nono:

I think Bernie Leigh got more mentions than some of Peterborough's legends.

Either Chapman has no sense of history of the Panthers as a club  or just couldn’t be bothered - several ex riders was in attendance and even ex promoter in James Easter would have been an idea for all of them to had a chat over the pa and even a lap of the track . 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Haza said:

Either Chapman has no sense of history of the Panthers as a club  or just couldn’t be bothered - several ex riders was in attendance and even ex promoter in James Easter would have been an idea for all of them to had a chat over the pa and even a lap of the track . 

Or just parade them out on track for us all to show our appreciation, like they do at the Tennis (seemingly every year) with a parade of champions... better than a load of kids running around the track!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

Or just parade them out on track for us all to show our appreciation, like they do at the Tennis (seemingly every year) with a parade of champions... better than a load of kids running around the track!

Now this meeting is over i hope Chapman would step back and let any interested potential owner promoter take charge of the Panthers  and see what can be done if  anything.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Haza said:

Now this meeting is over i hope Chapman would step back and let any interested potential owner promoter take charge of the Panthers  and see what can be done if  anything.

His interview after the meeting aluded to exactly that 

1 hour ago, iainb said:

First of all I hope Puk is OK, i didn't hang around for the final as nobody really seemed bothered who won, there was no prize to ride for (?).

As a "farewell" meeting what a p155 poor effort from the promotion, where were all the club legends? As David Howe, who was only there in his capacity as Dougy's spannerman, said he was hoping to catch up with, Sam Tesar, Hans Clausen & Ronni Pedersen etc.

You have to assume that none of these ex riders were invited and Ully & Emil turned up under their own steam. Even the programme cover was a p155 take, of all the riders pictured only Ully was there!

Buster was even on car park duty taking my final £1 in a final "come and have a go if you think you're hard enough" gesture? And his "thank you" speech was quite rightly greeted with silence!

Of all the memories i have of the EoES through the years, there were absolutely none from last night and it will be quickly forgotten.

Read on the FB page that the supporters club were covering the cost of entry for any ex Peterborough riders that having been invited to attend had said yes , there was another post which suggested both Andy Fisher and Mick Spinks wanted to attend but as they hadn't been invited , they could attend but pay at the turnstile to get in , there was no indication of how many invites were sent out and how many had said yes/no , 

The supporters club cannot be blamed at all for this as they made the gesture to riders no doubt on the back of the managements refusal to pay for those who wanted to attend as ex panthers riders.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

I would of thought many Panthers fans would of been more interested in seeing Max Perry race , than someone like Jason Edwards or Ashton Boughton no disrespect to either but Max had links to the Panthers as a former Mascot 

Last nights cash grab to help fund the KL 2024 kitty hasn't gone down well, Hardly a shock though considering no effort was put in from the get go.

Panthers will be back on track at some point, I have faith in those who are working hard behind the scenes. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, iainb said:

First of all I hope Puk is OK, i didn't hang around for the final as nobody really seemed bothered who won, there was no prize to ride for (?).

As a "farewell" meeting what a p155 poor effort from the promotion, where were all the club legends? As David Howe, who was only there in his capacity as Dougy's spannerman, said he was hoping to catch up with, Sam Tesar, Hans Clausen & Ronni Pedersen etc.

You have to assume that none of these ex riders were invited and Ully & Emil turned up under their own steam. Even the programme cover was a p155 take, of all the riders pictured only Ully was there!

Buster was even on car park duty taking my final £1 in a final "come and have a go if you think you're hard enough" gesture? And his "thank you" speech was quite rightly greeted with silence!

Of all the memories i have of the EoES through the years, there were absolutely none from last night and it will be quickly forgotten.

Posted by NK Iversen this morning on Twitter.

Status after crash last night. Scans shows nothing is broken but I am pretty battered. They kept me in hospital overnight for observation due to a knock to my chest. Thanks for all your concerns. Haven’t been able to reply to everyone yet

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

After reading a few posts about last night I’m glad I gave last night a miss and walked away after the Kings Lynn meeting. Hopefully we will be back one day.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sully said:

If they put the stadium along with parking up for sale as a sports venue, would someone buy it and make it cover its costs,......yes. Would it be anywhere near the sale value if it went for houses.......no, however that doesn't mean its not viable. Quoting rent 12x what it was, seems just a way to kick the speedway and make it appear unviable.

• Like 1

I gather the supporters club had to pay for all ex riders to attend yesterday........

54 minutes ago, Flappy said:

I gather the supporters club had to pay for all ex riders to attend yesterday........

That attitude of promotion is so short sighted, imagine if they had a list of legends that they could have promoted the meeting with and messages played over the PA from those that couldn't make it, it could have made a very large crowd massive! And at what cost? Little to nothing!