British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Just the new team sponsor to come now no doubt Kings Lynn AEPG Stars 

Now that wouldn't surprise me 

1 hour ago, Crump99 said:

At this stage! That's a good one. He's taken a club down, poached their assets, left genuine Peterborough speedway people (and some would say genuine speedway people) to try to salvage something from the mess that he presided over and left.

His last act is to cling on for some reason to seemingly stop the consortium moving forward. Although the council motion: "To arrange a meeting between the current owners of the Peterborough Panthers Speedway Team" suggests different unless it's a typo?

Chapman deserves everything that he's getting although he is quite welcome to put out a statement of clarification. He did it in the summer when he felt the criticism at that point was unjust. Panthers contract at the EoES has finished, as has the AEPG deadline to clear the site so what's holding him back now?

One can only assume that he doesn't give a stuff and has got everything that he planned and wanted? The floor is his!

I understand your frustration. But people saying he's in bed with them,  talking of the dreaded brown envelope, and the name calling are a bit premature, are they not. If it comes out in the end that he has taken their money, and the club was never for sale, then all this he has been getting is fully justified,  of course it is.

I'm not saying your wrong. I'm saying wait and see if he does sell to the consortium first. That's all. I know he doesn't seem to be making any effort with the save the club campaign, and  that's is not a good look in itself. 

4 hours ago, chrismorton said:

I have zero interest in anything you have to say..your ears only ever prick up if it's anything to do with defending Chapman or digging our Tomalin and it's boring..I hope he never does anything similar to your club as what he has done to ours...although I'm not 100% actually sure I mean that last bit.. 

Please feel free to block me, or whatever it's called.  If you want another club to fold, just say so, no point beating around the bush.

2 hours ago, Crump99 said:

At this stage! That's a good one. He's taken a club down, poached their assets, left genuine Peterborough speedway people (and some would say genuine speedway people) to try to salvage something from the mess that he presided over and left.

His last act is to cling on for some reason to seemingly stop the consortium moving forward. Although the council motion: "To arrange a meeting between the current owners of the Peterborough Panthers Speedway Team" suggests different unless it's a typo?

Chapman deserves everything that he's getting although he is quite welcome to put out a statement of clarification. He did it in the summer when he felt the criticism at that point was unjust. Panthers contract at the EoES has finished, as has the AEPG deadline to clear the site so what's holding him back now?

One can only assume that he doesn't give a stuff and has got everything that he planned and wanted? The floor is his!

Let’s not forget the ‘start behaving and stop bad mouthing me online or I’ll cancel your farewell meeting’ statement that appeared before the final home league meeting.

Start being straight with people Keith and then maybe such things wouldn’t be written online maybe?

3 hours ago, Crump99 said:

Well said.

1 hour ago, JoeW436 said:

Let’s not forget the ‘start behaving and stop bad mouthing me online or I’ll cancel your farewell meeting’ statement that appeared before the final home league meeting.

Start being straight with people Keith and then maybe such things wouldn’t be written online maybe?

Shame that they didn't and neither did he. Anyone who supported that meeting just lined his pocket, allegedly, and gave Butterfield and AEPG a PR triumph. Just look at the club website: 14 consecutive farewell news items leading to farewell to the Showground article splashed all over it, with  CJ then saying at the rally (you'd have thought that the club website would be covering that and Panthers fight for survival) that the EoES is our home and we want to be back there in 2025. Well I hope there really is a plan and work going on in the background because I've seen nothing tangible as yet to square that circle

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I understand your frustration. But people saying he's in bed with them,  talking of the dreaded brown envelope, and the name calling are a bit premature, are they not. If it comes out in the end that he has taken their money, and the club was never for sale, then all this he has been getting is fully justified,  of course it is.

I'm not saying your wrong. I'm saying wait and see if he does sell to the consortium first. That's all. I know he doesn't seem to be making any effort with the save the club campaign, and  that's is not a good look in itself. 

It's not just about this though, is it? Chapman is a piece of work and has been for many years. Is he in bed with AEPG? Maybe, maybe not, but given his history it's a lot more likely than not.

You actually seem like you're struggling internally in this post to carry on defending him, which begs the question of why you still do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

With respect, I don't think that you do understand.

"I'm saying wait and see if he does sell to the consortium first" - he's potentially helped to make sure that Peterborough Speedway don't run in 2024 and possibly never again. He's done nothing and said nothing. Some people should perhaps tone it down a bit with their vitriol and think before sending but there has been a nasty whiff about 2023. There is only one person who can tell his truth and calm it down. How long do you want angry supporters to wait?

21 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Who will actually b e representing the club as the "current" owner of the Peterborough Panthers for the meeting on December 6th 

I am no expert, but I assume that for a speedway club to operate properly, it must be firstly registered with the BSP to get top level national ACU authority, be an operational business to trade financially and and finally have an authorised track to race on.

Technically, Peterborough Speedway Ltd is still legal to trade and owned by Cheryl and Keith Chapman, as it has been since the end of the 2018 season.  The principal place of business is registered at Kings Lynn Arena and registered office is in Downham Market!

The two Chapmans also still own the current version of  Kings Lynn Speedway Ltd as they have since 2021.  The previous version of the company name began life in February 2016 but after a single season with that name changed it's name to become Leicester Speedway (2017) Ltd. in December 2016 when it was handed over by the Chapmans to Damien Bates (present BSP Ltd Director) until a couple of weeks ago.  It's name changed yet again in February 2018 to the somewhat bizarre and slightly odd "Cool Runnings Motorsport Ltd".  Bates handed it over a couple of weeks ago to Paul and Karen Cairns of Cairns Holdings Ltd.

Looking  at the latest accounts for December 2022, filed and signed at the end of August this year for Peterborough there is a part of a note that rather chillingly  says " At the time of approving the financial statements, the directors have a reasonable expectation that the company has adequate resources to continue in operational existence for the foreseeable future".

That last statement is worrying  for us and if not true, puts the Chapmans in legal jeopardy because if we believe what Buster said over the summer, it was not going to have a viable track within the very forseeable future thanks to both him and AEPG.  Either way it would seem that the club is still legally owned by it's executioner.  The only alternative would be for a new owner to register something like Peterborough Speedway (2024) Ltd  or even Panthers Speedway Ltd.  They would then just have to get a track and registration from BSP and when you look at the structure of the top level  that could be a bit of a fight.(not in my backyard?)

Have I missed something though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldNutter said:

I am no expert, but I assume that for a speedway club to operate properly, it must be firstly registered with the BSP to get top level national ACU authority, be an operational business to trade financially and and finally have an authorised track to race on.

Technically, Peterborough Speedway Ltd is still legal to trade and owned by Cheryl and Keith Chapman, as it has been since the end of the 2018 season.  The principal place of business is registered at Kings Lynn Arena and registered office is in Downham Market!

The two Chapmans also still own the current version of  Kings Lynn Speedway Ltd as they have since 2021.  The previous version of the company name began life in February 2016 but after a single season with that name changed it's name to become Leicester Speedway (2017) Ltd. in December 2016 when it was handed over by the Chapmans to Damien Bates (present BSP Ltd Director) until a couple of weeks ago.  It's name changed yet again in February 2018 to the somewhat bizarre and slightly odd "Cool Runnings Motorsport Ltd".  Bates handed it over a couple of weeks ago to Paul and Karen Cairns of Cairns Holdings Ltd.

Looking  at the latest accounts for December 2022, filed and signed at the end of August this year for Peterborough there is a part of a note that rather chillingly  says " At the time of approving the financial statements, the directors have a reasonable expectation that the company has adequate resources to continue in operational existence for the foreseeable future".

That last statement is worrying  for us and if not true, puts the Chapmans in legal jeopardy because if we believe what Buster said over the summer, it was not going to have a viable track within the very forseeable future thanks to both him and AEPG.  Either way it would seem that the club is still legally owned by it's executioner.  The only alternative would be for a new owner to register something like Peterborough Speedway (2024) Ltd  or even Panthers Speedway Ltd.  They would then just have to get a track and registration from BSP and when you look at the structure of the top level  that could be a bit of a fight.(not in my backyard?)

Have I missed something though.

I don't believe that the BSPL would permit registration of a new Peterborough speedway without the consent of the existing owners

It used to be for a number of years I think but not sure on the current rule 

2 hours ago, RogerM22 said:

It's not just about this though, is it? Chapman is a piece of work and has been for many years. Is he in bed with AEPG? Maybe, maybe not, but given his history it's a lot more likely than not.

You actually seem like you're struggling internally in this post to carry on defending him, which begs the question of why you still do.

Your words.. “ Is he in bed with AEPG? Maybe, maybe not” Exactly what I’m trying to say.. People are assuming he is already. They don’t know yet..I’m not referring to yourself, and if others posted like you have, then fair enough. 
As for struggling internally to carry on defending him.. I know he’s far from perfect, and have given him stick on here in the past over Lynns teams, many times.. He hasn’t done anything as far as I can see to help the current campaign to save the Panthers, which does look bad ,I admit that.. He may well be in bed with  AEPG. I don’t know, the same as everyone else. All I’m saying is wait and see before jumping the gun, and finding him guilty. 

3 hours ago, Crump99 said:

With respect, I don't think that you do understand.

"I'm saying wait and see if he does sell to the consortium first" - he's potentially helped to make sure that Peterborough Speedway don't run in 2024 and possibly never again. He's done nothing and said nothing. Some people should perhaps tone it down a bit with their vitriol and think before sending but there has been a nasty whiff about 2023. There is only one person who can tell his truth and calm it down. How long do you want angry supporters to wait?

I’ll PM you.

I'm amazed nobody has figured it out yet with regards to the current owner. 

Chapman is behaving as a shrewd business owner in my opinion. He will not hand over ownership until after planning has been approved/unapproved. 

Fans are saying that the club has no value, well it clearly does. If the stadium gets a protection order from the council it again becomes a going concern, Chapman can increase it's selling value & he's had to do no work for it either. 

Great bit of business if you ask me

11 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'm amazed nobody has figured it out yet with regards to the current owner. 

Chapman is behaving as a shrewd business owner in my opinion. He will not hand over ownership until after planning has been approved/unapproved. 

Fans are saying that the club has no value, well it clearly does. If the stadium gets a protection order from the council it again becomes a going concern, Chapman can increase it's selling value & he's had to do no work for it either. 

Great bit of business if you ask me

I'm getting tired of this sale/ done a deal with the devil talk .I'm leaving it for now. Over to you Daniel Smith ;)