British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

15 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'm amazed nobody has figured it out yet with regards to the current owner. 

Chapman is behaving as a shrewd business owner in my opinion. He will not hand over ownership until after planning has been approved/unapproved. 

Fans are saying that the club has no value, well it clearly does. If the stadium gets a protection order from the council it again becomes a going concern, Chapman can increase it's selling value & he's had to do no work for it either. 

Great bit of business if you ask me

Anything stopping him from coming out and supporting the cause in that case? If he's such a shrewd businessman then surely he's aware that the sooner he kicks AEPG into touch, the sooner the value increases, and the sooner he gets his money.

Chapman coming out and throwing his weight behind the campaign will show he cares about keeping Peterborough alive (even if for his own benefit) and he's not just rolling over.

35 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Chapman is behaving as a shrewd business owner in my opinion. He will not hand over ownership until after planning has been approved/unapproved. 

Fans are saying that the club has no value, well it clearly does. If the stadium gets a protection order from the council it again becomes a going concern, Chapman can increase it's selling value & he's had to do no work for it either. 

But shows no desire to fight to keep it open the people of Peterborough clearly want him to move on to. 

If you think what is going on or isn't is acceptable for an owner of a sports club in the heart of the city then I'm sorry you're the problem.  

It may feel good as. King's Lynn fan on the outside here thinking he's got one over on Panthers etc but this doesn't look well on you guys either and Lynn fans are innocent in this. 

You can see why people are throwing accusations around currently as he's saying absolutely nothing and leaving it to others to fight his fight without handing the club over. 

All it would take is a big rallying call on the club social media pages and website along with the local press and people would back it as it stands I'm afraid he looks complicit by doing nothing. 

Edited by Flappy
  • Like 1

You wouldn't want Chapman involved in any campaign. Has no people skills and even his own son hates him. Look at the number of people he has fallen out with.

The issue is he is sitting on his fat arse whilst all the passionate fans who want to save the sport are doing all the work. He'll then lump up the price if they are successful. Putrid, but sums up the sport. The powers that be should be removing licences at Peterborough(Chapman) and Swindon(Terry Russell) as they are damaging the sport and those clubs.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, RogerM22 said:

Anything stopping him from coming out and supporting the cause in that case? If he's such a shrewd businessman then surely he's aware that the sooner he kicks AEPG into touch, the sooner the value increases, and the sooner he gets his money.

Chapman coming out and throwing his weight behind the campaign will show he cares about keeping Peterborough alive (even if for his own benefit) and he's not just rolling over.

21 minutes ago, Flappy said:

But shows no desire to fight to keep it open the people of Peterborough clearly want him to move on to. 

If you think what is going on or isn't is acceptable for an owner of a sports club in the heart of the city then I'm sorry you're the problem.  

It may feel good as. King's Lynn fan on the outside here thinking he's got one over on Panthers etc but this doesn't look well on you guys either and Lynn fans are innocent in this. 

You can see why people are throwing accusations around currently as he's saying absolutely nothing and leaving it to others to fight his fight without handing the club over. 

All it would take is a big rallying call on the club social media pages and website along with the local press and people would back it as it stands I'm afraid he looks complicit by doing nothing. 

Missing the point again. 

He may or may not have taken 2 shillings for closing down the club. 

Everyone else is running around trying to save it, if they do he can get 2 shillings more. 

All of this for no work at all

Great bit of business 

52 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Shrewd is taking a payment now to put in the pension fund and a clause in the contract re future possibilities (the unlikely "if" that you mention).

For someone who allegedly has such passion and belief in the sport, as well as being a self proclaimed significant saviour of Belle Vue, he's going a bloody funny way about justifying those claims.

The only people getting great business out of him (and he's welcome to say that the criticism is wrong) are AEPG and his truelove.

Gambling on what might happen and getting bugger all (which allegedly perhaps raises an interesting question?) isn't shrewd in my book.

22 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Shrewd is taking a payment now to put in the pension fund and a clause in the contract re future possibilities (the unlikely "if" that you mention).

For someone who allegedly has such passion and belief in the sport, as well as being a self proclaimed significant saviour of Belle Vue, he's going a bloody funny way about justifying those claims.

The only people getting great business out of him (and he's welcome to say that the criticism is wrong) are AEPG and his truelove.

Gambling on what might happen and getting bugger all (which allegedly perhaps raises an interesting question?) isn't shrewd in my book.

Is there a payment now on offer?

One can really only hope that the two parties Chapman and the Consortium have sat down and come to a mutual agreement concerning the sale of the club,

Chapman only gets an agreed price for the club if the future of the team is extended but he has no involvment in the fight to save the club

The Consortium pays an agreed price if the club gets an extention to its future on track that also reflects the fact they have done all the donkey work to keep the club running .

Nothing will be announced in the mean time unless the outcome of the fight is sorted

Chapman maybe a shrewd businesses man but hes dealing with a Consortium who are equally just as shrewd in busuness. 

Edited by scoobydoo

Even Ipswich are photo shopping a picture of a Panthers rider joining them for 2024.

You know something's severely wrong when our rivals and their manager (Hawkins) show their support and respect for us while Buster and his AEPG funded KL Stars don't give a t055.

11 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

And maybe get awarded an OBE, too. (Other Buggers' Efforts)

7 hours ago, TTT said:

Even Ipswich are photo shopping a picture of a Panthers rider joining them for 2024.

You know something's severely wrong when our rivals and their manager (Hawkins) show their support and respect for us while Buster and his AEPG funded KL Stars don't give a t055.

A touch of class about Ipswich unlike king's Lynn 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Peterborough City Council Leader Mohammed Farooq is set to meet with the current owners of the Peterborough Panthers speedway team to discuss the club’s future.

Set to meet with Keith Chapman? Could be a short meeting if Buster isn't really interested in the club's future.

Only good news if Mo is sitting down with the consortium.

If he's sitting down with AEPG's inside man (Buster) then it's irrelevant........I doubt Buster would even make the effort to turn up tbh.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It wouldn't surprise me if after his meeting he is announced as the new leader of Kings Lynn and West Norfolk council

It's Mick Bratley going to the meeting not our illustrious owner 

• Sad 1