British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

21 hours ago, Crumpet130 said:

Will any Panther fans be travelling to Kings Lynn this season ? I would imagine the thought of putting money in the Chapman wallet will put people off.

No, might visit Ipswich, Leicester and Scunthorpe on the odd occasions, but definitely not Kings Lynn.

• Like 1

I wouldn't visit KL even if they had a top three of Zmarzlik, Sayfutdinov and Woffinden.

I will never allow myself under any circumstances to line the pockets of a guy who's assisted bully boy's in demolishing our home.

Ipswich, Leicester or Scunthorpe which ever local track you choose to visit this forthcoming season you can at least have the comfort in your own mind that you're not caving in to the trap set by Buster to lure you down to the AFA to support familiar faces (That's my logic anyway).

If you do go to King's Lynn then Buster wins because he only has to pay for 7 riders instead of 14 whilst getting the biggest attendances he's had at the AFA in recent memory which translates to.......A higher financial income for a lower financial outlay.

Never forget that we didn't even have our own funeral before he started signing up most of our 2023 team whilst not even bothering to photoshop images of riders either whilst every other club did when it come to their 2024 signing announcements.

Edited by TTT
  • Like 2

On 2/23/2024 at 9:54 PM, chrismorton said:

You lot can say what you want but we all know that Chapman and co shafted us..and now they have rubbed our noses in it by poaching all our ex riders, manager (never liked him anyway) and other parts of our once great track. I am done with Speedway and I hope Kings Lynn fail badly.

Hope you get a great crop of Lemons this year.............. cos you are sure going through existing stock at a considerable rate of knots!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TTT said:

I wouldn't visit KL even if they had a top three of Zmarzlik, Sayfutdinov and Woffinden.

I will never allow myself under any circumstances to line the pockets of a guy who's assisted bully boy's in demolishing our home.

Ipswich, Leicester or Scunthorpe which ever local track you choose to visit this forthcoming season you can at least have the comfort in your own mind that you're not caving in to the trap set by Buster to lure you down to the AFA to support familiar faces (That's my logic anyway).

If you do go to King's Lynn then Buster wins because he only has to pay for 7 riders instead of 14 whilst getting the biggest attendances he's had at the AFA in recent memory which translates to.......A higher financial income for a lower financial outlay.

Never forget that we didn't even have our own funeral before he started signing up most of our 2023 team whilst not even bothering to photoshop images of riders either whilst every other club did when it come to their 2024 signing announcements.

And if Buster hadn't signed them,another club would have.As a point of interest Puk has ridden more seasons for the stars than the panthers, Ben Basso was rumoured to be coming last year anyway, we've got our team manager back,and Buster put his hand in his pocket to sign Tarasenko and woydlo last season anyway,so why shouldn't he have first option.If your rich fairy godfather had put his money where his mouth is and used the land he supposedly had access to to build a track you might have been running next season.If it wasn't for buster you wouldn't have had the dads army  title winning team, the panthers would have either folded or been in the championship!

• Haha 1

On 2/24/2024 at 1:24 PM, Crumpet130 said:

Will any Panther fans be travelling to Kings Lynn this season ? I would imagine the thought of putting money in the Chapman wallet will put people off.

No chance, I'm going to Leicester until Panthers are hopefully resurrected. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, castrolargh said:

And if Buster hadn't signed them,another club would have.As a point of interest Puk has ridden more seasons for the stars than the panthers, Ben Basso was rumoured to be coming last year anyway, we've got our team manager back,and Buster put his hand in his pocket to sign Tarasenko and woydlo last season anyway, so why shouldn't he have first option.If your rich fairy godfather had put his money where his mouth is and used the land he supposedly had access to to build a track you might have been running next season.If it wasn't for buster you wouldn't have had the dads army  title winning team, the panthers would have either folded or been in the championship!

Agree.

People knew about the PB situation before the season started, thats why we got the new stadium talk/ waffle from you know who.. As the PB fans know, Lynn finished bottom the year PB won the title. Buster brought riders in after CJ left him in the poo, and those riders helped PB to win a good few meetings nearer the end of last season, which dumped He's beloved Lynn bottom yet again. I would like to think that real speedway fans would realise that Lynn might well of suffered after Buster took over at PB.. And that it's just Buster that they are pissed off with, and not the fans.. With  regard's the riders, I suspect that several teams were talking to their/ Busters riders before the season had finished. No surprise that Buster was too, as you say.. He bought them over :t:

No one knows if Buster has taken that "brown envelope" that some have wrongly spoke of. We will find out in the end, no doubt..And he will get deserved flack from all angles, if he has.  I hope that TM eventually puts his money were his mouth is, and helps the Panthers build a new track elsewhere. But i'm not holding my breath..

Edited by Bald Bloke

On 2/23/2024 at 9:54 PM, chrismorton said:

You lot can say what you want but we all know that Chapman and co shafted us..and now they have rubbed our noses in it by poaching all our ex riders, manager (never liked him anyway) and other parts of our once great track. I am done with Speedway and I hope Kings Lynn fail badly.

Blah blah blah.short memories, ( dad's army, title winners,  funded by buster)just a tad ungrateful, no wonder buster pulled the plug. Your manager? Wrong.your riders? Also wrong.Tarasenki and woydlo funded by. .......Buster.

Puk rode more years as a star than he did a panther, and actually started at lynn , Basso nearly came last year and is a Glasgow asset anyway.

Not a lot of sugar in the grapes your way ,hey

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, castrolargh said:

Blah blah blah.short memories, ( dad's army, title winners,  funded by buster)just a tad ungrateful, no wonder buster pulled the plug. Your manager? Wrong.your riders? Also wrong.Tarasenki and woydlo funded by. .......Buster.

Puk rode more years as a star than he did a panther, and actually started at lynn , Basso nearly came last year and is a Glasgow asset anyway.

Not a lot of sugar in the grapes your way ,hey

Of course you are right, thanks Buster when you got your new toy for Christmas and then tossed it in the bin when you got bored with it..

Edited by chrismorton
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chrismorton said:

Of course you are right, thanks Buster when you got your new toy for Christmas and then tossed it in the bin when you got bored with it..

And it seems as though he won't let anyone else have his toy and play with it.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2024 at 1:25 PM, TTT said:

The best way for Panthers fans to say FU to Buster is by temporarily cheering on / supporting Ipswich (Permanently if we never come back) while we're not operating as a club.

Fans very rarely walk away from the Sport because it's a Sport fans hold close to their hearts and it's a Sport they truly love hence the reason why fans always end up attending another local track regularly if their club closes, Swindon fans at Oxford as a recent example and you'll see Wolves fans flocking down to Birmingham on a regular basis this season.

If any Panthers fan is desperate to see some live Speedway then they should head down to Foxhall and help Chris Louis and co. out financially on their gate instead of falling for Buster's blatant plan of trying to lure Panthers down to the AFA and help his beloved KL out with their declining attendances by signing as many Panthers riders as possible while he assists his AEPG buddies in bulldozing the Showground.

Ipswich will be King's Lynn's biggest local rivals now so that's another reason to stick two fingers up in Buster's face.

As far as I'm concerned any Panthers fan who attends a meeting at the AFA for the foreseeable future is not only gullible for falling into the trap set by Buster but they're also part of the problem for letting Buster get away with his actions by continuing to line his pockets with their hard earned cash.

May I helpfully suggest Leicester is closer and all Panthers fans would be made most welcome.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I hope that TM eventually puts his money were his mouth is, and helps the Panthers build a new track elsewhere. But i'm not holding my breath..

Assume that's MT? He doesn't have to, that's the point. If PCC do their job then any planning approval will only be granted when AEPG meet LP36 & LP30 of the Peterborough Local Plan. AEPG are doing their best get out of any responsibility within the local plan to their destruction of an important part of Peterborough's culture and history.

An e-mail I received Aug 2023 from the EEAS suggests that AEPG don't really know whether to stick or twist on this? "AEPG may have had discussions with the current speedway operators as well as the local authority regarding the possibility of relocating to another site"

Peterborough Speedway would have a much better chance of returning to the track sooner rather than later if someone interested in that objective was the owner. Whether any of those unsubstantiated claims against Chapman ever get answered or clarified I no longer care, but he does himself no favours by continuing hold on to the licence of a club that he has no interest in. A good businessman can negotiate a sensible deal (what is he selling now anyway?) with future eventualities clauses in if the new owners are successful. The fact that he can't or will not do that only feeds the rumour mill.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Has work continued on demolishing the stand ? Aepg should be charged with vandalism 

The grandstand has been decommissioned not demolished.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

The grandstand has been decommissioned not demolished.

"decommissioning" interesting wording for actions that were unnecessary and IMHO done to break the will of any remaining "passionate Panthers supporters" (Butterfield's label), and to try to convince PCC that AEPG have engineered a situation where a perfect working speedway operation was handed over to them but within a few months they've wrecked it to, in their mind, meet the first part of LP30 item k.

I'm sure that their timetable had the stand remaining until 2026 at least so what's the point of tinkering? Answers on a postcard.

They said - A spokesperson for AEPG, which is the company chosen by the venue owners, the East of England Agricultural Society, to sell the land, said: “As part of the sale, the land needs to be clear of commercial operations or agreements.

By throwing Peterborough Speedway out for 2024 they'd met that objective so any of their other actions have just been malicious.

Edited by Crump99

Technically the existence of a grandstand is not on the list of "must haves" in the Speedway Board of Control Regulations.  At the worst a few plastic seats screwed into a few rows of concrete steps was enough to seat a few oldies at Rye House just before it closed down, so as long as the steps are there and there are some seats on eBay, seating could be a feature alongside the current track.   Peterborough Speedway Ltd is still apparently registered as a viable company at Companies House - normal sports operations are currently suspended pending agreement with the land owners for suitable land to restore the track/mandatory facilities  to the satisfaction of the SCB and for a promoter to be appointed.  The suspension was enforced by the lack of an agreement between the club owners and the developers.  The planning regulations do not allow a developer to close down a viable sporting facility just for the purpose of development without making suitable alternative arrangements. (it looks as though that even applies to wonky pubs as  well!).  Suspension is not closure!  And I am sure the fans are still prepared to object to the development of the EoESG.

• Like 2