British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Unfortunately I think I’m in dream world when I say this but I’d like Harris basso and Pickering, not fussed about the others, they’ve been crap this season. Jenkins has had a real good go and arguably has thrown his name into the mix. Nicholls has had it this year he’s been terrible so has Hans, and I’m sick of this love affair with ulrich, get him gone don’t need him. Douglas would also be a good shout. And Kenneth Bjerre if he can be tempted back too work with rob Lyon. Who knows I think it’ll be a long winter ahead 

If it's 7 new riders so be it. 

Riders like Douglas, King, Basso, Pickering and even Cook are on averages which I think would improve around Peterborough regularly. 

Would also be nice to see a proper number 1 around the place again given it's our last year at the showground I hope we don't persist with the like of Ostergaard and Andersen again 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Flappy said:

If it's 7 new riders so be it. 

Riders like Douglas, King, Basso, Pickering and even Cook are on averages which I think would improve around Peterborough regularly. 

Would also be nice to see a proper number 1 around the place again given it's our last year at the showground I hope we don't persist with the like of Ostergaard and Andersen again 

I’m glad it’s not just me that’s had enough of ostergaard. Was an okay rider at championship level, yes he did well at the start of last season in the reserve berth but this season he’s been found out and just isn’t good enough I’m afraid. 

Get some younger riders in the team, who can improve as the season progresses. Watching Basso has been the highlight for me this year, & Jenkins has improved as well.

Edited by proud panther
  • Thanks 1

Its a difficult one, with nothing concrete for 2024, would a rider choose Peterborough for one season over another club who have a more secure future? Obviously averages fit so riders will be available but feel on a first choice basis it won't be Peterborough unless sentiment plays a role

I'd go with a side such as

1. Harris

2. Ostegaard

3. Lawson

4. Basso

5. Iversen

6. Allen

7. Jenkins

Hmmm I'm not sure riders look much further ahead than the next season really,  if the finances and logistics work for them then they will take the deal.

Can see a few riders swapping between the AFA and the EoES, probably not a bad thing to freshen some up a bit. There's a large pool of riders that both teams have used and assuming the Polish rules are relaxed and the wealthier clubs don't come sniffing you can certainly see the likes of Iversen, Lawson, Bjerre, possibly Klindt lining up for P'boro. Jenkins looks worth persevering with.

The Harris, Basso and MPT rumour has been mentioned and I'd take that with a pinch of salt but I'd have Nicholls at Lynn on that average without thinking twice. 

On 9/16/2022 at 8:15 AM, Gasser90 said:

Have been informed that 3 current panthers riders have asked to ride for Lynn next season. 
basso,Harris and MPT. If that’s the case I’m guessing 3 from Lynn will come the other way. 
Lawson. Jorgensen. Maybe NKI or klindt if they ride in uk next year 

Oh God I hope that's not true..

• Like 1

Hans Andersen will be a Panther next year imo.

No way would the club allow him to leave on his extremely low average. He's nailed on to ride @ No.6 for us in 2023 imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TTT said:

No way would the club allow him to leave on his extremely low average. He's nailed on to ride @ No.6 for us in 2023 imo.

Maybe wait until the AGM establishes team building averages as well as the number of teams in the Premiership!!

6 hours ago, TTT said:

No way if he don’t gate he don’t score can’t pass wind at showground rather have oystercard tham him and I’d leave him out also 

20 minutes ago, hans fan said:

No way if he don’t gate he don’t score can’t pass wind at showground rather have oystercard tham him and I’d leave him out also 

You might want to change your login name then :wink:

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, hans fan said:

Average below 5 though, Not going to get anyone better on a low average like his. 

Other riders on similar averages that aren't riding for us this year are Etheridge, Summers, Barker, Allen & Kerr.

26 minutes ago, TTT said:

Average below 5 though, Not going to get anyone better on a low average like his. 

Other riders on similar averages that aren't riding for us this year are Etheridge, Summers, Barker, Allen & Kerr.

Great rider in his day no one would disagree with that but sadly his time on a speedway bike is over in my opinion 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Maybe he's old like me and he's a Nielsen fan ?  ......:)

17 hours ago, Steve0 said:

3 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Maybe he's old like me and he's a Nielsen fan ?  ......:)

Or likes fairytales........ sadly may be more appropriate in the circumstances to believe in them