British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Basso looked like he was saying goodbye at the last meeting. Harris will drop his average, & most of the rest are past it. At least 5 new riders looks probable next season in my opinion.

49 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Basso looked like he was saying goodbye at the last meeting. Harris will drop his average, & most of the rest are past it. At least 5 new riders looks probable next season in my opinion.

Saw this as well, did another lap and stopped and waved on the start line, in a race he finished 3rd in. Basso not coming back 

14 hours ago, proud panther said:

I thought that aswell with basso, spoke after and said make sure you sign for next season, he just smiled and laughed, doesn’t seem likely that’ll happen. 

5 minutes ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Basso will be back, he is playing hard to get as he wants to negotiate.

It's a bit like when a girl turns you down the first time.

I imagine you would know a lot about such matters 

• Haha 4

On 9/19/2022 at 8:53 AM, 25yearfan said:

As we saw yesterday at Belle Vue Scottys no longer on the pace on the big pacey tracks but is still decent on little technical tracks where his natural ability can still get him good scores. I'd like to see him finish his career of with a couple of seasons back at his home Town track Ipswich.

As for the Peterborough track, I so wish this new development on the land would include retaining the speedway track seeing as the indoor Arena is being retained so the carpark will be staying surely. Peterborough speedways one of the best facilities in British speedway and despite being in operation for 52 years still seems modern and clean. Lets face it if Peterborough speedway has to build a new track and Stadium the chances of that happening is slim at best.

That's largely down to the bike and how it's been prepared.  Rider weight can also have an impact and he is not overweight either, just not 6 stone.  You obviously didn't see the first running of the British Final then when in his first three races was only beaten by Bewley and Brennan?  Got the better of Harris, King and others.  He's had a poor season for the Panthers that's all. 

20 hours ago, JoeW436 said:

Saw this as well, did another lap and stopped and waved on the start line, in a race he finished 3rd in. Basso not coming back 

You could be right but I wouldn’t base it on him waving goodbye after his last ride in the last match at the end of the season…..

Regrettably time has caught up with a number of Panthers  riders.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, proud panther said:

Ipswich bound ;)

9 hours ago, BassoRacingFan said:

Basso will be back, he is playing hard to get as he wants to negotiate.

It's a bit like when a girl turns you down the first time.

My grandson asked him outright he smiled did not answer but got him a cap from his van make of that what you will.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 10:05 PM, Bombsaway said:

My grandson asked him outright he smiled did not answer but got him a cap from his van make of that what you will.

Í heard Harris being asked the same question  the reply was enigmatic to say the least

2 hours ago, Flappy said:

Adam Ellis could be a realistic target 

Sheffield 100% imo.

They'll be looking to keep the current top 4 if J. Holder & Musielak want to ride in Britain.

3 minutes ago, TTT said:

Sheffield 100% imo.

They'll be looking to keep the current top 4 if J. Holder & Musielak want to ride in Britain.

Can't see us keeping Ellis next season