British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Reading the link and Buster is asking for silly money for someone to take it over just sounds like Horton when he tried to sell the Bees for stupid money even after they were kicked out of Brandon! 

37 minutes ago, Richspeedway said:

it over just sounds like Horton when he tried to sell the Bees for stupid money even after they were kicked out of Brandon! 

and look what that business is worth now!

So he's left because Buster is asking too much money? That presumably has been the case all season so what's happened now?

2 hours ago, iainb said:

Carl Johnson leaves the club, the club keeps running

Buster leaves the club, game over

A cynic might think CJ jacking, will play right into his mate MT's hands, with regards negotiating a better price for the club. Who knows? The quicker MT buys the club the better for me, and King's Lynn..

Edited by Bald Bloke

11 minutes ago, noaksey said:

So he's left because Buster is asking too much money? That presumably has been the case all season so what's happened now?

He also said he is going to keep trying to find a new site for a track,then a couple of paragraphs later he says he has a piece of land waiting.

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

He also said he is going to keep trying to find a new site for a track,then a couple of paragraphs later he says he has a piece of land waiting.

Sounds like someone else :)

5 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Hans left I’ve heard 

Apparently not Hans. Could someone of got the wrong rider?

4 hours ago, iainb said:

The guy's been a legend in British Speedway... alarm bells for me were ringing when he said he'd not been on a bike since last season until practice day, which imo spoke volumes!

He has been declared for Thursday's meeting though

Interview in last weeks star said he had been struggling with a lack of a mechanic etc

He has had a pretty glorious UK career - it will end soon, maybe at the end of this season - despite the comments etc he seems still half decent around the showground it his age and at reserve he needs to be winning heat 2 and then picking up thirds.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, iainb said:

Carl Johnson leaves the club, the club keeps running

Buster leaves the club, game over

Buster will just run our club into the ground if he stays anyway.

I can't see Tomalin backing him next year if we do come to tapes after Buster turned him over this year (Holder).

1 hour ago, Mick Bratley said:

Incorrect

Barker in and that’s who I was told he was replacing. Unless he’s replacing Tarasenko to cut down costs. But that won’t go down well at all 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TTT said:

Buster will just run our club into the ground if he stays anyway.

I can't see Tomalin backing him next year if we do come to tapes after Buster turned him over this year (Holder).

Why would Tomalin want or need to back him next season. Didn't CJ said they have land already?. Why can't he wait until the end of the season and buy it for peanuts. I can't see Buster wanting all this crap next season. Surely if you have someone chomping at the bit to buy the club in MT, who may have the land already ( CJ ) and Buster wanting away, a deal can't be done. A statement from MT setting the record straight wouldn't go amiss, after all he promised .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Barker in and that’s who I was told he was replacing. Unless he’s replacing Tarasenko to cut down costs. But that won’t go down well at all 

Oh dear god 

5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Why would Tomalin want or need to back him next season. Didn't CJ said they have land already?. Why can't he wait until the end of the season and buy it for peanuts. I can't see Buster wanting all this crap next season. Surely if you have someone chomping at the bit to buy the club in MT, who may have the land already ( CJ ) and Buster wanting away, a deal can't be done. A statement from MT setting the record straight wouldn't go amiss, after all he promised .

MT has to do his work here in the background despite us all wanting a statement we all know how much of a stickler buster can be after all

5 minutes ago, Flappy said:

MT has to do his work here in the background despite us all wanting a statement we all know how much of a stickler buster can be after all

Lets hope so, for everyone's sake.