On 11/23/2022 at 2:34 PM, DutchGrasstrack said:

2023 FIM calendar:

28 January SVEMO Qualifying round Örnsköldsvik Sweden
18 - 19 March DMSB Finals Inzell Germany
01 - 02 April KNMV Finals Heerenveen* The Netherlands

Heerenveen cancelled due to high energy prices I hear 

On 1/5/2023 at 7:50 PM, iris123 said:

Heerenveen cancelled due to high energy prices I hear 

Yes that would be right. I understand that to build the track to the required level (20cm thick) would cost the club three times what it has cost in previous years, money which the club simply doesn't have.

They hope to be back next year, but unless Energy prices drop drastically........

7 hours ago, Conkers said:

Yes that would be right. I understand that to build the track to the required level (20cm thick) would cost the club three times what it has cost in previous years, money which the club simply doesn't have.

They hope to be back next year, but unless Energy prices drop drastically........

I really REALLY hope they contacted CCP before calling it quits… They could have helped. Not much left in series after this.

Edited by f-s-p

1 hour ago, f-s-p said:

I really REALLY hope they contacted CCP before calling it quits… They could have helped. Not much left in series after this.

FIM already knew there was only a small chance of Heerenveen going ahead, that's why they also announced it as TBC. 

12 hours ago, DutchGrasstrack said:

FIM already knew there was only a small chance of Heerenveen going ahead, that's why they also announced it as TBC. 

If the only problem was money, as in tripled bill for the ice, surely it could have been sorted? They've done more stupid things in the past.

I was rather expecting Berlin or Inzell to be affected by the rise in energy price 

Think Franky is app testing at a natural ice meeting alongside autos etc

But it seems an age ago when we had regular natural ice meetings in Western Europe 

Edited by iris123

Ist möglicherweise ein Bild von Text „FIM ICE SPEEDWAY WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFYING ROUND ÃRNSKÖLDSVIK zaterdag 28 januari 2023 12:00 # 1 Naam Niek Schaap Harald Simon 2 FMN Nat KNMV 3 AMF 8 FMI 5 Luca Bauer Jo Saetre Lukáš Hutla Max Koivula 15 NMF 6 ACCR 7 SML 8 DMSB SVEMO KNMV 11 DMSB ACCR Markus Jell Stefan Svensson Sebastian Reitsma 10 Franz Mayerbüchler Andrej Diviš 12 Niclas Svensson 13 Jimmy Olsén 14 Mats Järf 15 Franz Zorn Michał Knapp 17 Jimmy Hörnell Joakim Söderström SVEMO SVEMO SML 16 AMF PZM 18 SVEMO SVEMO“

Is that a comeback for Mats Järf ? Can't recall him riding for a while. He was pretty good though some years back

Edited by iris123

On 1/23/2023 at 7:45 PM, iris123 said:

Is that a comeback for Mats Järf ? Can't recall him riding for a while. He was pretty good though some years back

Probably at this level, yes. But they dont actually ever retire, ice racing riders...

Has it been decided who the other 6 riders will be for the final? I'm assuming Haarahiltunen and Webber will be two of them. 

For the final:

- Martin Haarahiltunen
- Top 10 qualifiers
- 4 FIM wildcards
- 1 local wildcard
- 2 local reserves

• Like 1