British Speedway Forum
eric i

2023 GP line up/wildcards

Then there is those who would like to see the 2 Russians back.  Fricke doesn’t deserve to be in next year but Vaculik does, bad injury stopped him this year.What Nilsson and Kolodzeij will bring to the GP’s……I can’t see it being much.  Woffy will get a place

The selectors have a tough job anytime, but particularly this year.

The FIM regulations state:

The current year’s final overall SGP classification after removing any rider having finished in the top 6, but having withdrawn from the SGP for the following year before the following year’s line-up has been published shall determine the rider’s qualifications for next year’s SGP championship as follows:
• The top 6 riders of the final overall 2022 SGP classification (including any qualified nominated substitute rider) will be directly qualified for the following year’s SGP series.
• The top 3 riders from the 2022 FIM SGP World championship qualification meetings (art. 71a) will be directly qualified for the following year’s SGP series.
Should a rider who has qualified from these qualification meetings also be in the top 6 of the final overall SGP classification of that year, and then the next available rider from the FIM SGP World championship qualification meetings will be selected.
• The winner of the 2022 FIME Speedway European championship will be directly qualified for the following years SGP series.
• Should a rider who has qualified from the FIME Speedway European championship also be in the top 6 of the final overall SGP classification of that year, or the top 3 riders from the FIM SGP World championship qualification meetings (art. 71a) then an extra additional rider will be nominated by the SGP commission.
• 5 additional riders will be nominated by the SGP commission.
• 1 wild card rider per event decided in accordance with art. 3.5.
• Should a rider withdraw after the publication of the official rider Line- up for the following year’s SGP season, then the first rider available on the official SGP nominated substitute list shall replace him.

• 7 riders will be nominated by the SGP commission for the official SGP nominated substitute list.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Think there might be a few riders in the gp wanting Madsen to win the sec title as it would open up an extra place Michelsen and Thomsen more than most .Fricke will be hoping Bewley stays in the top 6 .Woffinden,Doyle,Vaculík all need a good last round .Think Lindgren will get a pick regardless and I can’t see them not picking Janowski.Lamberts hopefully going to stay in the top 6 .If Kolodziej wins the sec could be squeaky bum time for some lol

7 minutes ago, speed29 said:

Is one of SGP 2 riders might go to main SGP???

Not a hope in hell. Cierniak is way behind a whole host of Poles. Even Jason Crump struggled in the GPs when seeded thru as world under 21 champion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Then there is those who would like to see the 2 Russians back.  Fricke doesn’t deserve to be in next year but Vaculik does, bad injury stopped him this year.What Nilsson and Kolodzeij will bring to the GP’s……I can’t see it being much.  Woffy will get a place

Janusz has produced some fantastic racing in this year's SEC, where he leads Leon Madsen. I think he's well worth another shot.

• Like 1

Boring Sunday Morning so heres my predictions for 2023

1. Zmarzlik

2. Madsen 

3. Dudek 

4. Lambert 

5. Lindgren

6. Magic

7. Nilsson 

8. Bewley

9. Holder 

10. Woffinden 

11. Laguta (Under neautral flag or Polish Citzenship) 

12. Sayfutdinov (Same as above) 

13. Michlesen 

14. Fricke 

15. Vaculick

6 Wildcards as i think Madsen will beat Kolodzei in Euro’s and i think Fricke gets picked over Doyle

Edited by phillipsr

56 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

1. Zmarzlik

2. Madsen 

3. Dudek 

4. Lambert 

5. Lindgren

6. Magic

7. Nilsson 

8. Bewley

9. Holder 

10. Woffinden 

13. Michlesen 

14. Fricke 

15. Vaculick

6 Wildcards as i think Madsen will beat Kolodzei in Euro’s and i think Fricke gets picked over Doyle

I think Anders Thomsen will get picked over Mickelsen but other than that like your line-up.  

1 hour ago, phillipsr said:

1. Zmarzlik

2. Madsen 

3. Dudek 

4. Lambert 

5. Lindgren

6. Magic

7. Nilsson 

8. Bewley

9. Holder 

10. Woffinden 

13. Michlesen 

14. Fricke 

15. Vaculick

Fricke gets in if Bewley stays in the top 6, otherwise he's gone.

7 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Well the way Kolodziej have been riding in this years SEC and in the leagues there is a very good chance he will bring something

1 hour ago, Lorenzo558 said:

Well the way Kolodziej have been riding in this years SEC and in the leagues there is a very good chance he will bring something

His best GP years were 15 years or so ago. He is a gater. He rides like Laguta did prior to 2021…..get in a tight spot and he pulls out.  That’s ok if you gate and earn a living, but that’s no good for GP’s. It’s like Berntzon said to Scotty last night “GP racing is a level above league racing”. Kolodzeij is riding for his pension pot. That’s ok, but not in the GP’s please.

Edited by OveFundinFan

26 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

His best GP years were 15 years or so ago. He is a gater. He rides like Laguta did prior to 2021…..get in a tight spot and he pulls out.  That’s ok if you gate and earn a living, but that’s no good for GP’s. It’s like Berntzon said to Scotty last night “GP racing is a level above league racing”. Kolodzeij is riding for his pension pot. That’s ok, but not in the GP’s please.

Wouldn't really describe Kolodzeij as a gater. I think he struggles on the more technical tracks away from the big polish tracks.

3 hours ago, eric i said:

Fricke gets in if Bewley stays in the top 6, otherwise he's gone.

I think he gets a wildcard pick over Doyle! I think Bewley will drop out of the top 6 in Torun (hope im wrong) but Fricke will be back anyway! Not a pick i agree with but think it will happen