British Speedway Forum

On 1/9/2023 at 5:06 PM, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Z.Cook needs to hit the ground running  this year ...Reserves were poor last year ....2 R S isnt going to win you the league ...like last year ....lets hope he comes good.....

You can't expect too much early but he will improve and he has the right attitude and will listen to the more experienced riders in the team.

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

You can't expect too much early but he will improve and he has the right attitude and will listen to the more experienced riders in the team.

True .....fit in with all the other ozs in the team...give him time ....will be at number  6 all season.....wolves have a solid 1..5...Just need a few points from the reserves each meeting...Should be fine ...

3 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

True .....fit in with all the other ozs in the team...give him time ....will be at number  6 all season.....wolves have a solid 1..5...Just need a few points from the reserves each meeting...Should be fine ...

We hope:o;)

On 1/9/2023 at 5:06 PM, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Z.Cook needs to hit the ground running  this year ...Reserves were poor last year ....2 R S isnt going to win you the league ...like last year ....lets hope he comes good.....

He could well be the weakest number 6 in the league (of signed riders) so don't think Wolves can expect much from him. If Cook can reach his 4.00 assessed ave, he'll have done well for me.

11 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

He could well be the weakest number 6 in the league (of signed riders) so don't think Wolves can expect much from him. If Cook can reach his 4.00 assessed ave, he'll have done well for me.

But Shovlar says he's gonna be a superstar,although you have to take that with a pinch of salt.lol

7 minutes ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

But Shovlar says he's gonna be a superstar,although you have to take that with a pinch of salt.lol

It's took him 2 seasons to get his present average which still is below 5 in the championship so I think you should manage your expectations,but I do think he's a tidy rider. 

On 1/8/2023 at 2:55 PM, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Think Peterborough have had the best deal out the cooks ....same sort of ave but Ben is better....We will see ah ...

I don’t rate either particularly. Just my opinion but I get the Mason Campton’s and Ty Proctors with these two. 

29 minutes ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

You sure he wasn't talking about Ben? Zach will need time to settle in especially at a track like Wolves but hey his first UK track was Plymouth so probably has an idea what to expect. 

Plus he has Sam, Rory and Dougy to help him with set ups etc. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I don’t rate either particularly. Just my opinion but I get the Mason Campton’s and Ty Proctors with these two. 

Pah!! How often have you watched them though? 

• Like 1

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

Didn’t think it would take you long!

:D

Have you at least watched last year's playoff final at Lynn? ;)

14 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Well if he turns out to be worse than Kemp ..as Frazer would say "We're Doomed" .

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

:D

Have you at least watched last year's playoff final at Lynn? ;)

I did as it goes. Quite enjoyable. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

Well if he turns out to be worse than Kemp ..as Frazer would say "We're Doomed" .

Kemp has had a bit of a rough deal IMO. 

Arch, you need to remember,, Poole have never had a bad rider,,, they are always brilliant, or going to be brilliant,,, and if they have a bad meeting,,, there is always an excuse why. 

• Like 2