British Speedway Forum

16 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Its the dogs moving to Dunstall Park not speedway 

Erm that's why I started "no chance of speedway at Dunstall Parj" 

Whether they wanted it or not. 

9 hours ago, DJWolves said:

Wouldn’t knock the council in terms of supporting sport in Wolverhampton. They were instrumental in saving Molineux when the Bhatti brothers were planning other ideas.

I also heard that a site was being looked at in South Staffs, closer to the M6. But there were problems with that venue being too close to a motorway junction.

Pie in the sky.  Absolutely no chance of any new speedway tracks being built in the UK in the current climate.  Its over.  Accept it

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, R87 said:

Pie in the sky.  Absolutely no chance of any new speedway tracks being built in the UK in the current climate.  Its over.  Accept it

That’s the spirit…………F…….ing idiot

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

That’s the spirit…………F…….ing idiot

He's one of several on here who hates everything Wolverhampton Speedway,and most of them are Coventry supporters. 

Edited by Tommy Sweetman

2 hours ago, R87 said:

Cheerful f-----er you are wouldn't want come yours for crimbo:icon_smile_clown:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, R87 said:

Must be a figment of my imagination that Workington and Oxford have reopened in last 18 months......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

He's one of several on here who hates everything Wolverhampton Speedway,and most of them are Coventry supporters. 

Yeah I thought as much.

3 hours ago, R87 said:

Isn't Workington a newly opened speedway track ?? And every body has good reviews of what it's like :t:

• Like 1

I’d do everything in my power to help Wolverhampton get a new track. 

That’s been the case since the mid 90’s

I know there are some who dont like the Wolves track but i always found it a good entertaining away track to visit when Poole were in the same league. I think to lose any club is awful but to lose such a club that has been at the top for so long would be devastating for speedway.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/20/2023 at 11:52 AM, Tommy Sweetman said:

So if Entain leave Monmore,the council should serve notice that the ground that the stadium is build on should remain for sport purposes only,the same that was done with Molineux when Wolves nearly went into liquidation following the disastrous tenure of the Bhatti brothers and then by the Dougan consortium.

There may be hope yet for M.G ...

On 7/19/2023 at 12:34 PM, Tommy Sweetman said:

Two peas from the same pod.Perhaps that's why we might be looking at South Staffs.

I'm pretty sure Dave Parry (Parry's Coaches) has contacts around the Cheslyn Hay area whether or not that would be to far for Wolverhampton fans I have no idea but it would'nt surprise me if some land was found around that area.

9 hours ago, heathen52 said:

I'm pretty sure Dave Parry (Parry's Coaches) has contacts around the Cheslyn Hay area whether or not that would be to far for Wolverhampton fans I have no idea but it would'nt surprise me if some land was found around that area.

Would  need to keep it as close to M.G if possible. They could always put a coach on like Cradley did to Perry Barr...

People saying that the greyhound track at Dunstall Park will replace Perry Barr. No way will there be two greyhound tracks in Wolverhampton. The new track will replace Perry Barr and Monmore.

That leaves Monmore Green vacant when the speedway closes and ripe for housing. Be nice to think when the dogs leave that speedway could take over Monmore, but no way would that stadium be financially viable if it’s just used for speedway 20+ times a year.

I wondered if a track and stadium could be created in East Park. Build it around the cycle speedway track that’s already there, and if the council are really keen to keep speedway in the town they could help develop a multi sport venue there, maybe with a leisure centre.

40 minutes ago, DJWolves said:

People saying that the greyhound track at Dunstall Park will replace Perry Barr. No way will there be two greyhound tracks in Wolverhampton. The new track will replace Perry Barr and Monmore.

That leaves Monmore Green vacant when the speedway closes and ripe for housing. Be nice to think when the dogs leave that speedway could take over Monmore, but no way would that stadium be financially viable if it’s just used for speedway 20+ times a year.

I wondered if a track and stadium could be created in East Park. Build it around the cycle speedway track that’s already there, and if the council are really keen to keep speedway in the town they could help develop a multi sport venue there, maybe with a leisure centre.

Apparently it's also emerged on Facebook that the fruit and veg wholesale market next door to Monmore will be turned into appartments.        That's not a good sign .

• Sad 1