British Speedway Forum

If a new track could be built is there any chance it could be called West Midlands speedway and home to Wolverhampton and cradley heath ? 

On 7/21/2023 at 9:25 AM, foreverblue said:

I know there are some who dont like the Wolves track but i always found it a good entertaining away track to visit when Poole were in the same league. I think to lose any club is awful but to lose such a club that has been at the top for so long would be devastating for speedway.

Currently, allegedly, the oldest speedway track still operating in the world, starting 1928. That's a lot of history to lose.:(

Maybe CVS could take over the promoting licence at Blunsdon?!  Just a thought.........

51 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

If a new track could be built is there any chance it could be called West Midlands speedway and home to Wolverhampton and cradley heath ? 

And Birmingham?

9 hours ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

And Birmingham?

The three sharing the same track would make a lot of sense financially if they were all in different leagues. Would be a little strange though if an away meeting was also a home meeting.

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

The three sharing the same track would make a lot of sense financially if they were all in different leagues. Would be a little strange though if an away meeting was also a home meeting.

Who would be the promoters of Cradley I wonder?

10 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

You could build 3 pit areas so each club had a permanent home pit area with club colours and riders signage. So say if wolves are riding a home fixture the cradley pits becomes the away pits and the Birmingham pits is for second halfers 

then if two of the clubs rode each other they always retain their normal pit area. 
If the stadium gets used three times a week rather than one is got to me much more viable. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

You could build 3 pit areas so each club had a permanent home pit area with club colours and riders signage. So say if wolves are riding a home fixture the cradley pits becomes the away pits and the Birmingham pits is for second halfers 

then if two of the clubs rode each other they always retain their normal pit area. 
If the stadium gets used three times a week rather than one is got to me much more viable. 

But where would be the ideal location be.I suppose Sandwell is in the middle for the three teams,but Nigel Pearson tried that for Cradley(and came very close to getting one in Tividale).Would think there are empty brownfield sites around there,but persuading the council might be a different matter. 

37 minutes ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

But where would be the ideal location be.I suppose Sandwell is in the middle for the three teams,but Nigel Pearson tried that for Cradley(and came very close to getting one in Tividale).Would think there are empty brownfield sites around there,but persuading the council might be a different matter. 

Maybe the business plan needs to include an academy with the aim of finding local talent which includes the Asian community.  

Wolverhampton is a 'kangaroo free zone' this week :(

• Haha 1

Must admit I'm beginning to wonder if il miss this shambles of a sport when Monmore's gone

Just now, bruno said:

Must admit I'm beginning to wonder if il miss this shambles of a sport when Monmore's gone

You do have to ask what is the point of bothering to locate a new track if all you are going to do is to keep running the sport in such a ludicrous way...

It can only sadly end up going one way...

• Like 3

Been watching speedway in the West Midlands since I was knee high and want to continue doing so. Still a great spectacle and entertaining sport. I’d probably still moan about how the sport is run and about the poor decisions taken. But better that than having no speedway to watch.

• Like 3

Looking at the August averages, Schlein drops to 5th so only Douglas & the reserves can then take r/r outings. Big blow for Wolves, although as long as he's back fit for the play-offs, that's all that matters.