British Speedway Forum

17 hours ago, foreverblue said:

The media work will always be there, speedway wont and he wont be riding as well as he is at the moment for long.

He also scored 11 points (including an exclusion for two warnings in his last ride) in Poland today. Ryan Douglas top scored for the same Rawicz team with a 5 ride maximum too.

3 hours ago, Najjer said:

He also scored 11 points (including an exclusion for two warnings in his last ride) in Poland today. Ryan Douglas top scored for the same Rawicz team with a 5 ride maximum too.

He is on fire at the moment, going to be a big plus for Wolves over the next few weeks, well done to Wolves for acting quickly 

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He is on fire at the moment, going to be a big plus for Wolves over the next few weeks, well done to Wolves for acting quickly 

Not at Poole he wasn't :o:o

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not at Poole he wasn't :o:o

True but maybe didnt try too hard when it became a lost cause 

19 hours ago, Fourentee said:

Much the same as after the Masters testimonial, really. Neat, tidy, seems confident on the Monmore track. Early days, of course.

As a postscript to this opinion on Zach Cook, I’d be interested in the views of any Poole supporters who happen to dip into this thread. Thanks in advance.

47 minutes ago, Fourentee said:

As a postscript to this opinion on Zach Cook, I’d be interested in the views of any Poole supporters who happen to dip into this thread. Thanks in advance.

This is a good race to watch when he is riding under pressure, he is a good team player. Often looking for teammate. Will always listen to advice form more experienced riders too and a fast learner. Worst away track is prob Leicester, but each time he has been, he has done better than the previous time. I did try and find some of the GF at KL, seeing it is a track Wolves will be going to, but only races i can find on YT he isn't in. Although he might have his work cut out against the KL reserves, he can definitely ride the track and think he is capable of beating Edwards, not sure about Jakobsen though! I would say Ben is a bit ahead of him with development. But they both are improving all the time in the Championship, each season. So much so @Arthur54 is worried they'll end up being too good for the Champ in a few years and move away from Poole. But hey we could always move up with them! :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

This is a good race to watch when he is riding under pressure, he is a good team player. Often looking for teammate. Will always listen to advice form more experienced riders too and a fast learner. Worst away track is prob Leicester, but each time he has been, he has done better than the previous time. I did try and find some of the GF at KL, seeing it is a track Wolves will be going to, but only races i can find on YT he isn't in. Although he might have his work cut out against the KL reserves, he can definitely ride the track and think he is capable of beating Edwards, not sure about Jakobsen though! I would say Ben is a bit ahead of him with development. But they both are improving all the time in the Championship, each season. So much so @Arthur54 is worried they'll end up being too good for the Champ in a few years and move away from Poole. But hey we could always move up with them! :D

That’s a wealth of detail I wasn’t expecting! Thanks so much. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Fourentee said:

That’s a wealth of detail I wasn’t expecting! Thanks so much. 

I got carried away a bit lol. Will be good to see them do well in the Prem, they deserve it. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Surprisingly, it could be argued that it was partially because of Scotty that it became a lost cause!!?;)

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Surprisingly, it could be argued that it was partially because of Scotty that it became a lost cause!!?;)

Not sure about, he did his job earlier in the meeting.

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Not sure about, he did his job earlier in the meeting.

Really? He didn't win a race. Oxford need Kerr and Nicholls to be getting 10+.

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

He came second to Lawson then a paid win then came second to Ben Cook so I don't think his earlier races were too bad, Lawson and Ben Cook can beat anyone at Poole.

49 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Get the Ave down....wont win anything with those reserve's....its not how u start its how u finish ..

On 4/9/2023 at 1:38 PM, foreverblue said:

23 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Get the points limit down ...Masters did it in the home leg ...

1) I don't believe they'd do that (especially with limited guarantees now)

2) those matches don't count towards the averages