British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2023

Leon Flint got his first double figure points haul in his last home meeting. He’s coming along nicely. If it weren’t for the rising star programme he wouldn’t have got his chance. As it stands if it is dropped next year, he will still be one of the first names on the team sheet.

• Like 2

They won't get dropped if they are given a low enough start average and they actually perform 

Just throwing it out there but .....

What about Lee Complin down at reserve next season? Slightly biased as I am a big Lee Complin fan but could be useful down at reserve...

• Like 1

Would anyone have Kerr back next season. He has shown a great improvement in the play offs and cup meetings that don't go towards his average of just 4.71.

14 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Would anyone have Kerr back next season. He has shown a great improvement in the play offs and cup meetings that don't go towards his average of just 4.71.

I,d have him back in a heartbeat,out and out racer who gives 100% and his time at Sheffield seems to have worked wonders.

• Like 3

On 10/18/2022 at 2:01 PM, Bald Bloke said:

First name on the team sheet for me next season. Been fantastic for us and will improve on that average whichever position he rides, which is the name of the game after all. I personally feel that maybe Adam and Jack have risked over-committing themselves at times this season, but again Adam’s average is attractive for next season. Honestly wish we could get them all back again next season as they’ve been the best group of riders to represent the club in many, many years. 

Edited by Mooose
  • Like 4

Ideally we'd build the team with Lewi starting at reserve alongside Justin or Connor ,depending on Leicesters plans in his case.

45 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Ideally we'd build the team with Lewi starting at reserve alongside Justin or Connor ,depending on Leicesters plans in his case.

Think Leicester will look to keep Connor but I suppose Connor may prefer Sheffield for all we know. Could be a case of one has howarth and one has mountain? 

A  lot will depend upon what the points limit will be.

I would look to bringing back Lewis Kerr, could be a matchwinner if we can fit him at reserve. 

As for the rest 

I think Jack Holder will admit he has not had  a great season not just at Sheffield but Torun as well, but he has a pretty low average and I would keep him.

Tobiasz Musielak I would have him back in a heartbeat, but I think that a lot will depend what happens to him in Poland.

Adam Ellis a bit like Jack Holder not had his best season, but I think that still has something to offer the club.

Kyle Howarth for me the jury is out, and maybe a season away from the club might benefit the club and Kyle.

Justin Sedgmen finished the season strong but overall I would let him go.

Connor Mountain a lot will depend on what happens regarding the Rising Star Programme, rumour has it that there will be no Rising Star next season, and unsure where he stands regarding the programme but would have him back.   

30 minutes ago, spin king said:

Kyle Howarth for me the jury is out, and maybe a season away from the club might benefit the club and Kyle.

You've got a short memory old man and are a fool if you don't want Howarth back on that average for next season. 

• Like 1

I personally think every rider deserves a chance in the team next year they have done us proud. The thing is at the end of the day we await the outcome of the normal winter rule changes that will suit some clubs but not others, the problem of fitting riders in due to their averages along with the added problem for the promoters of does a rider want to stay and if he does can, we stretch the budget to accommodate him / them?  The only people that possibly have an idea of what's happening next season is the promoters and at present I am sure they are just concentrating on getting this season completed before worrying about the next one. Be patient people we will know about next year when they know. :)

14 hours ago, spin king junior said:

You've got a short memory old man and are a fool if you don't want Howarth back on that average for next season. 

I think Howarth has enough credit to earn a spot for 2023, for me the first name on the team sheet is Lewis Kerr - he has been great since arriving and did so well in the playoffs at the tricky no 2 spot!

It was a good season for Sheffield justification for most if not all could be asked back really - but Kerr and Howarth could both be great in the tricky 2nd string roles.

Edited by GeneralMelchett

On 10/19/2022 at 7:38 PM, spin king said:

A  lot will depend upon what the points limit will be.

I would look to bringing back Lewis Kerr, could be a matchwinner if we can fit him at reserve. 

As for the rest 

I think Jack Holder will admit he has not had  a great season not just at Sheffield but Torun as well, but he has a pretty low average and I would keep him.

Tobiasz Musielak I would have him back in a heartbeat, but I think that a lot will depend what happens to him in Poland.

Adam Ellis a bit like Jack Holder not had his best season, but I think that still has something to offer the club.

Justin Sedgmen finished the season strong but overall I would let him go.

Connor Mountain a lot will depend on what happens regarding the Rising Star Programme, rumour has it that there will be no Rising Star next season, and unsure where he stands regarding the programme but would have him back.   

Pretty much agree with this with Lewis,Tobi, Adam And Connor.. You know what you get from Kyle guts and determination... For me Holder is a NO.. Been awol far too often especially away meetings summed up with a 2022 average of 9.33 Home and 6.34 away.. you need your number one to be getting big scores and leading by example away from home, thats when matchwinners earn there corn.

4 hours ago, psycho3a said:

Pretty much agree with this with Lewis,Tobi, Adam And Connor.. You know what you get from Kyle guts and determination... For me Holder is a NO.. Been awol far too often especially away meetings summed up with a 2022 average of 9.33 Home and 6.34 away.. you need your number one to be getting big scores and leading by example away from home, thats when matchwinners earn there corn.

Who do you suggest to replace Jack Holder.   For me Jack is a must.

34 minutes ago, Dornier said:

Who do you suggest to replace Jack Holder.   For me Jack is a must.

Think it will be Adam that goes, maybe to Leicester

• Like 1