British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2023

14 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Holder 67 Fricke 52 so Jack scores 15 more than Max but is a worse GP rider !!!!!  Logic ??

I can't make much sense of it either, but Fricke did miss the last couple of GP's didn't he?

Ekstraliga stats would suggest Jack Holder is the 27th best rider in the World.

Edited by Col

21 minutes ago, Col said:

I can't make much sense of it either, but Fricke did miss the last couple of GP's didn't he?

Ekstraliga stats would suggest Jack Holder is the 27th best rider in the World.

Jack outscored max 7-2 in gps and max won one !!!  Max missed one gp So don’t get jack is worse gp rider. Polish league is another competition. Max might be better in the polish league. 

2 minutes ago, Charlieboy said:

Jack outscored max 7-2 in gps and max won one !!!  Max missed one gp So don’t get jack is worse gp rider. Polish league is another competition. Max might be better in the polish league. 

Fricke didn't even ride in the Ekstraliga.

Irrespective of personality and who rode where and when - what matters in Sheffield is how good is Holder at Owlerton and at U.K. tracks - Sheffield fans will I am sure be glad to see him back and at no1 again 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Irrespective of personality and who rode where and when - what matters in Sheffield is how good is Holder at Owlerton and at U.K. tracks - Sheffield fans will I am sure be glad to see him back and at no1 again 

And yet the following all have higher away averages than Jack Holder:

Steve Worrall

Charles Wright

Danny King

Troy Batchelor

Thomas Jorgensen

42 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Steve Worrall

Charles Wright

Danny King

Troy Batchelor

Thomas Jorgensen

That may well be so but at least 2 of them I wouldn’t think would consider 2023 at Sheffield (well one for sure)

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

Steve Worrall

Charles Wright

Troy Batchelor

Thomas Jorgensen

Did they all avoid riding at Foxhall also? :rofl:

I really do wish they'd stop the your #1 in the averages must ride at #1 rule.  It removes some of the "skill" required to be a team manager, as long as the reserves have to be 6 & 7 a team manager should be able to put the other riders in any order they wish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col said:

I really do wish they'd stop the your #1 in the averages must ride at #1 rule.  It removes some of the "skill" required to be a team manager, as long as the reserves have to be 6 & 7 a team manager should be able to put the other riders in any order they wish. 

This ^ :)....

7 hours ago, Col said:

Fricke didn't even ride in the Ekstraliga.

Not this season because he got a great deal to stay with ZG to try and get them back ,they Failed.He is back in Ekstraliga next season though.

4 hours ago, arnieg said:

Steve Worrall

Charles Wright

Danny King

Troy Batchelor

Thomas Jorgensen

Pretty shocking that! Especially the bottom two, Jorgensen in particular is good at Lynn but known to be a poor traveler. 

44 minutes ago, Cue Ball said:

I haven’t fact checked… but according to this website, Holder has a higher away average than all of those mentioned save for Worrall 

http://speedway-stats.co.uk/Averages

I don’t know why fans of other clubs are so obsessed with jacks away form. We were top of the league in a team sport and won more away than anybody else so if I were them I’d be more worried about my own teams away form. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Cue Ball said:

I haven’t fact checked… but according to this website, Holder has a higher away average than all of those mentioned save for Worrall 

http://speedway-stats.co.uk/Averages

I've used Premiership matches ex bonus points from gbspeedway.com