British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2023

12 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Holder 67 Fricke 52 so Jack scores 15 more than Max but is a worse GP rider !!!!!  Logic ??

Probably the fact he rode one more round than Fricke? Fricke also finished on the podium this season, Holder didn't trouble it.

20 minutes ago, JCookie said:

Probably the fact he rode one more round than Fricke? Fricke also finished on the podium this season, Holder didn't trouble it.

Yes that’s right and to finish above jack he would need to finish on the rostrum again and jack not score any points for him to finish higher. Jack outscored max 7 times so because max got 1 podium he’s better is he. To be world champion you have to score more than the rest so I would think if you outscore another rider you are the better rider. If you think max is better that’s your opinion but I don’t get your logic 

• Like 2

This argument Max vs Jack is pretty uninteresting and petty... They're both GP riders, both brilliant in the UK, can we not just be happy to have big names riding in Britain because not many of them do, even in positives people find something to moan about

Edited by Diamonds85
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

This argument Max vs Jack is pretty uninteresting and petty... They're both GP riders, both brilliant in the UK, can we not just be happy to have big names riding in Britain because not many of them do, even in positives people find something to moan about

Not petty. Facts speak for themselves. I’m happy to have jack back. The more gp riders the better   Don’t get the bitching against Sheffield riders and promotion. Probably jealousy but who cares. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Charlieboy said:

Not petty. Facts speak for themselves. I’m happy to have jack back. The more gp riders the better   Don’t get the bitching against Sheffield riders and promotion. Probably jealousy but who cares. 

Not saying you're right or wrong... Just saying the argument is pointless... Both riders are better than the other on different days, Jack has been better in the GP compared to Max, but Max has been better in Britain. I'm just happy to see them in this country and hope they're both back next year, plus Doyle and I can't stand all 3 of them, just respect how good they are, more loyal to British speedway than our own GP riders.

Would love to see a few more of the bigger names back, Freddie, Bewley, Thorssell, Chris Holder etc... Maybe a few new faces... Please...?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Freddie, Bewley, Thorssell, Chris Holder etc... Maybe a few new faces... Please...?

Lindgren has long Covid health issues, dunno what they are but missed a month of racing with Vastervik.  A relative of mine has long Covid, never feel fully in control of their limbs. Can't be good on a Speedway bike!

C Holder maybe.

Bewley, hope springs eternal.

Thorsell would struggle to average 6:00 in the Premiership looking at his scores on the continent.  Unattractive signed on his previous average.

Edited by Col

14 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Probably jealous you finished top of the league.

On 10/18/2022 at 12:55 PM, OdsalBoy said:

Just throwing it out there but .....

What about Lee Complin down at reserve next season? Slightly biased as I am a big Lee Complin fan but could be useful down at reserve...

Lee's deffo looking for a top league club to fit in with his other meetings in 2023. When he guested the other night his engine wasn't set up right but I'm sure he'd soon be out of the reserve birth at Sheffield if he got a shot at it next year.

Edited by SpeedwayTShirts

53 minutes ago, SpeedwayTShirts said:

Lee's deffo looking for a top league club to fit in with his other meetings in 2023. When he guested the other night his engine wasn't set up right but I'm sure he'd soon by out of the reserve birth at Sheffield if he got a shot at it next year.

He hasnt managed to get out of the reserve berth at Championship level... he would be the worst reserve in the league based on this years reserves and i include rising stars in that!! hes not even been dominant at NL level!!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, SpeedwayTShirts said:

Lee's deffo looking for a top league club to fit in with his other meetings in 2023. When he guested the other night his engine wasn't set up right but I'm sure he'd soon by out of the reserve birth at Sheffield if he got a shot at it next year.

Really,he looks good against juniors in NDL but that’s it for me.Championship scores from reserve are hit and miss.He is still entertaining but hard to see him getting any better.

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

I’d guess Sheffield will be pretty much the same 1-7 minus 1 or 2 riders 

So the same 5 then?:t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/26/2022 at 2:16 PM, Fromafar said:

Really,he looks good against juniors in NDL but that’s it for me.Championship scores from reserve are hit and miss.He is still entertaining but hard to see him getting any better.

Completely agree, ndl rider possibly get to second string champ next season at most