British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2023

FFS can’t we put the 2022 Grand Final to bed and concentrate on the 2023 season?!!!? Hopefully with the team the promotion have put out for this coming season Sheffield will be up there again on the fighting for a  trophy front 

Maybe time to stop the playoffs, would put a finish to all these arguments. Oh no I've opened up that again......

20 hours ago, gazzac said:

Maybe time to stop the playoffs, would put a finish to all these arguments. Oh no I've opened up that again......

Should never have play offs

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, TINYS said:

Should never have play offs

The play offs are not the problem, the rules are the problem and how they are interpreted and implemented. 

• Like 2

The playoffs are purely for the tv. League champions should be decided on the full league program and the playoffs should be a separate end of season competition. That way the best team would win the league.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Trophyman said:

The playoffs are purely for the tv. League champions should be decided on the full league program and the playoffs should be a separate end of season competition. That way the best team would win the league.

The play offs are for the clubs as well and if the league title wasn't on the line less fans would turn up. It is a money spinner and will remain because the clubs can't afford it not to stay.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Trophyman said:

If the playoffs weren’t to win the league there would be no point in them

Ive never been a fan of the play offs but i understand the reasoning behind them, yes the semis and final bring in good crowds for 4 teams but throughout the season are they counter productive when you look at the sparse crowds, it seems people are staying away from league matches as they are nothing but a series of qualifying rounds and come out in force for the play offs, so what promoters are gaining on the swings they are losing on the roundabouts, or does the revenue from play offs cover the shocking crowds throughout the league campaign and that would only benefit four teams.

Personally I love the Play Off's.

The atmosphere on the night is electric and exciting,

I do think we need to move on from last season's Play Off defeat.

Lets move on and concentrate on ths coming season.

• Like 2

On 2/20/2023 at 2:36 PM, bellevueace said:

Max might not have been up in the GP rankings with Lambert but Roberts BL average was under and without a doubt Max was well capable of going through the card at home and at least equalling Roberts score around Owlerton, we also going back through the years have fallen fould of certain rules that have benefitted other clubs Its not just a wolves thing.

Just how many maximums did he score in 2022?

On 2/20/2023 at 4:17 PM, szkocjasid said:

The funny thing is, fans spent all season moaning about certain teams using guests & not signing a replacement only to complain when Belle Vue do the exact opposite!

I can understand fans moaning about signing the world number 5 only for the play offs, way worse than RR and guests!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Max was well capable of going through the card at home, who would have predicted Jack Holder underperforming as he did, we were still missing two riders, broke no rules so get over it

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Just how many maximums did he score in 2022?

I can understand fans moaning about signing the world number 5 only for the play offs, way worse than RR and guests!

There is NOTHING worse in speedway than borrowing a rider from another team in the same league, other than injuries of course. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

There is NOTHING worse in speedway than borrowing a rider from another team in the same league, other than injuries of course. 

And there is nothing worse allowing one team to sign a rider just for the play offs whilst denying another team the same.

16 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

And there is nothing worse allowing one team to sign a rider just for the play offs whilst denying another team the same.

OK, well agree to disagree otherwise we'll go round in circles that my sanity can't cope with. But hopefully going forward season ending injuries will continue to be allowed new signings to cover them.

• Like 2