British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2023

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Nicki Pedersen had one for 2 bends :D

Chris Holder had one for no bends!:party:

• Haha 2

On 8/12/2023 at 10:27 AM, foreverblue said:

Would have thought Josh Pickering would be one to be considered, he was awful at Belle Vue the other day and you would think the final two teams would be the same as last year so you need riders who go well there.

Lets say then you preferred Ellis to Pickering.

47 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Now there's a name for Sheffield would he fit?

33 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Now there's a name for Sheffield would he fit?

Only for his little brother or Museli 

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

True but they've maybe been put to good use,   there most likely on the floor by the back door at Busters mansion

2 hours ago, Dornier said:

Lets say then you preferred Ellis to Pickering.

I don't think i have ever mentioned Pickering particularly only said he would be one to be considered as I can't see them letting Howarth go.I did say if Tai came in to the Sheffield team both Ellis and Pickering would probably be the ones to make way. Ellis has had a terrible season, a 6 point average doesn't reflect his ability. Josh hasn't been that bad really and would consider himself unlucky if he was let go but if he was I would imagine he would go to Kings Lynn.

Edited by foreverblue

31 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I don't think i have ever mentioned Pickering particularly only said he would be one to be considered as I can't see them letting Howarth go.I did say if Tai came in to the Sheffield team both Ellis and Pickering would probably be the ones to make way. Ellis has had a terrible season, a 6 point average doesn't reflect his ability. Josh hasn't been that bad really and would consider himself unlucky if he was let go but if he was I would imagine he would go to Kings Lynn.

Pickering can stay where he is. He chose his colours and picked his side.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Leicester could be interested if Pickering were to become available, but wouldn't Sheffield need to fully rebuild the rest of the team in order to achieve a Museilak/Holder/Woffinden top three? Bit of a push at this stage?

13 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Leicester could be interested if Pickering were to become available, but wouldn't Sheffield need to fully rebuild the rest of the team in order to achieve a Museilak/Holder/Woffinden top three? Bit of a push at this stage?

They would & back to the 39.00. It would be well worth it though. If they can find 3 rider's around the 4.70 ave, that top 3 would walk them to the title comfortably. 

Good to see Ashton Boughen getting a debut at Sheffield tomorrow. Be interesting to see how the young lad goes. 

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

They would & back to the 39.00. It would be well worth it though. If they can find 3 rider's around the 4.70 ave, that top 3 would walk them to the title comfortably. 

Yes it would certainly improve the team , they have no chance currently.

On 8/23/2023 at 4:02 PM, Daniel Smith said:

Sign three riders around 4.7? At the same time? Stacked up high like the shelves at Tesco, so they are. Just sitting there waiting. Any suggestions?

1 minute ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Sign three riders around 4.7? At the same time? Stacked up high like the shelves at Tesco, so they are. Just sitting there waiting. Any suggestions?

Conor Mountain, Stefan Nielsen, Kye Thomson, Paco Castagna

So looks like Sheffield will be replacing Ellis especially if unsure how long his shoulder injury (cough cough!!) will take to heal with someone around the  7 point marker, I’d say they’d have needed to have ridden in UK before and their Polish season be over like Holder snr, Przedpelski or Wozniak) and then possibly either Kerr to go with a around 4+ point replacement which weakens team at reserve but gives them back the third heat leader other option would be Pickering to go instead of Kerr and a slightly stronger reserve coming in like Mountain 

Musielak 8.71, Woffinden 7.03, C Holder 7.16, Howarth 5.75, Pickering 6.24 A.N Other 4.11 Unatached Rising Star (Edwards, Boughen, etc) =  39.00

Musielak 8.71, Woffinden 7.03, C Holder 7.16, Howarth 5.75, Kerr 5.68 Mountain 4.40 Unatached Rising Star (Edwards, Boughen, etc) = 38.73

1 hour ago, Hamish McRaker said:

No, I'd said earlier, it's almost impossible to include those 3 in a redeclaration this late on. 

• Thanks 1