British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2023

With the tracks left to ride at in league/play off and KO Cup I can’t see the new additions of Jack, Vissing and Connor scoring more than that three than they would replace.  Brining in Premiership riders at 6 point average (Vissing) and 5 point average (Connor) in for Kyle (8 point average) and Lewi (8 point average) just makes no sense to me.  The team was built to have a solid reserve and good engine room, I can’t see Connor scoring what Lewi and Kyle have done at 6 this year and Vissing will get nothing near what they have done when at either 2 or 4, OK they’ve both had an off night recently but they were one offs.  Hopefully this one is just a rumour. 

3 minutes ago, Steve55 said:

Sorry but what's that got to do with Sheffield?

Be patient....

4 minutes ago, Steve55 said:

Sorry but what's that got to do with Sheffield?

Because you’re one of those involved in the Hokey Cokey?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

Because you’re one of those involved in the Hokey Cokey?

But not mentioned in Chris Louis Tweet are they

33 minutes ago, Steve55 said:

And who's told you that? Or is it just an (educated) guess.

Educated guess based on rumours 

1 minute ago, Phil The Ace said:

Educated guess based on rumours 

Very similar to the one's I've heard :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, 4BM said:

With the tracks left to ride at in league/play off and KO Cup I can’t see the new additions of Jack, Vissing and Connor scoring more than that three than they would replace.  Brining in Premiership riders at 6 point average (Vissing) and 5 point average (Connor) in for Kyle (8 point average) and Lewi (8 point average) just makes no sense to me.  The team was built to have a solid reserve and good engine room, I can’t see Connor scoring what Lewi and Kyle have done at 6 this year and Vissing will get nothing near what they have done when at either 2 or 4, OK they’ve both had an off night recently but they were one offs.  Hopefully this one is just a rumour. 

But Tai will score a lot more than Ellis, 18 more at Peterborough, suppose they are hoping for the top 4 to carry them through,

We will have to wait and see

Edited by The Third Man

3 hours ago, iainb said:

That's all well and good saying that but under the average points system you often have to make 2 changes to make the one change you actually want to make with the riders available who want to ride here

Then use R/R. Or slacken the rules slightly and allow two team changes whilst replacing an injured rider for a little more wiggle room. Even last years rules were better in not allowing changes once the league was under way except for a brief mid season window. Nothing will ever be perfect but it’s better than an end of season transfer frenzy just before the play offs by desperate promoters trying everything they can to gain some sort of advantage. Surely you want your team in the play offs to at least look something like the side that’s spent all year getting you there?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Third Man said:

So Louis states that the window closes on the 31st, then moans about teams making changes before the 31st

Don't get it

The deadline is tomorrow isnt it???

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Then use R/R. Or slacken the rules slightly and allow two team changes whilst replacing an injured rider for a little more wiggle room. Even last years rules were better in not allowing changes once the league was under way except for a brief mid season window. Nothing will ever be perfect but it’s better than an end of season transfer frenzy just before the play offs by desperate promoters trying everything they can to gain some sort of advantage. Surely you want your team in the play offs to at least look something like the side that’s spent all year getting you there?

Tai has increased crowds where he has gone, why would promoters not want that to happen, and what has been done, will be done, that is outside the rules?

1 minute ago, Phil The Ace said:

The deadline is tomorrow isnt it???

Sorry 28th, but the point is the same