British Speedway Forum
OdsalBoy

Sheffield Tigers 2023

6 minutes ago, spin king junior said:

Bloody hell, I thought I'd accidently logged onto the BNP forum with all this "these bloody foreigners steelin' British jobs" rubbish. A change was needed, Adam had a lot of expectation on him this season and unfortunately it's not been met, I don't think anyone can deny that and it's hard to see a rider we all know is capable struggling. Hopefully some time off will do him some good and he can refocus and come back stronger, whether that be for Sheffield or another side. 

Lewi has been victim of averages. Which is a shame as he has been a constantly good performance and was forming good rides with woffy when they were paired together. Sort of Glad to see he's been immediately been picked up by Leicester, but could prove a real thorn in ours side if we meet Leicester at any point in the play offs. 

Yes true, Kerr hasn't been on fire but is one of the best reserves in the league.Ellis had to go, dropped a point off his average, won't have any trouble getting a place next season as he will be seen as a bargain. Don't know why as I thought he rode quite well in the world cup. Strange thing is I expect Jack to ride at Cardiff so I thought they would try to fit, Jack,Tai and Tobi in the team but decided to get his brother instead to give a better bottom end.

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes true, Kerr hasn't been on fire but is one of the best reserves in the league.Ellis had to go, dropped a point off his average, won't have any trouble getting a place next season as he will be seen as a bargain. Don't know why as I thought he rode quite well in the world cup. Strange thing is I expect Jack to ride at Cardiff so I thought they would try to fit, Jack,Tai and Tobi in the team but decided to get his brother instead to give a better bottom end.

Could be another factor in Jack could be wanting to focus on the GPs and will also have the pressure of Lublin being in the play offs, and as we all know, if Poland say jump riders respond "how high".

Lublin put their foot down, no English league racing for Jack Holder until he’d started back riding for Lublin, so first he could have ridden for Sheffield would have been 11th Sept missing the final three league matches

• Like 1

Can understand Ellis being replaced as he has been awful this season but Kerr? Makes no sense to me, he has been pretty good hasn't he?

It is hard to see Holder and Vissing being much of an improvement isn't it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pinny said:

Can understand Ellis being replaced as he has been awful this season but Kerr? Makes no sense to me, he has been pretty good hasn't he?

It is hard to see Holder and Vissing being much of an improvement isn't it?

The point (sic) is that someone else had to be dumped with Ellis to enable the signing of CHolder.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

The point (sic) is that someone else had to be dumped with Ellis to enable the signing of CHolder.

With Kerr (or Howarth, or Ellis), at reserve though, it would have given Sheffield the capability to deploy a rider who can beat opposition HL"s, up to seven rides a night...

Look seriously top heavy now....

Edited by mikebv

54 minutes ago, mikebv said:

With Kerr (or Howarth, or Ellis), at reserve though, it would have given Sheffield the capability to deploy a rider who can beat opposition HL"s, up to seven rides a night...

Look seriously top heavy now....

Personally don't see it being any better than what they had, Chris Holder proved at the world cup he is well past his best and Vissing will be dangerous not any good just dangerous! They could easily kept Kerr, he is a very decent reserve  and just got a replacement for Ellis, possibly a new 5 pointer.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Personally don't see it being any better than what they had, Chris Holder proved at the world cup he is well past his best and Vissing will be dangerous not any good just dangerous! They could easily kept Kerr, he is a very decent reserve  and just got a replacement for Ellis, possibly a new 5 pointer.

I must admit sometimes its better the devil you know.... I do feel Ellis was out of form, particularly at Peterborough the other day, but Kerr was potential a trump card at reserve - I am sceptical for sure about this. Holder (C) has been away from UK racing a while I am not convinced slotting back into the playoffs will work (yes he has a few league meetings to get back to speed) - but there is no doubting his pedigree so l will be an interested onlooker.

Edited by GeneralMelchett

10 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

I must admit sometimes its better the devil you know.... I do feel Ellis was out of form, particularly at Peterborough the other day, but Kerr was potential a trump card at reserve - I am sceptical for sure about this. Holder (C) has been away from UK racing a while I am not convinced slotting back into the playoffs will work (yes he has a few league meetings to get back to speed) - but there is no doubting his pedigree so l will be an interested onlooker.

It isn't like getting lambert or Tai that is for sure. As a Poole fan all I have is respect for Chris Holder, he is a legend at my club, liked by most and has been through tough times but he will do extremely well to maintain his current average, just looks a bad move to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

A very short sighted move, you will know more than most how Holder senior goes at Monmore and that will surely be the semi final match up

Someone, a few pages ago pointed out the numbers game but has not been followed through. Pre 1/9 you are over the limit & signing C Holder @ 7.16 & Vissing @ 4.16 converted(total 11.32) to replace Ellis @ 6.00 & Kerr @ 5.73 still puts you over at 39.05. It is then the signing of Tai @ 7.03 for Jack @ 8.91, who says he can not commit if not 100% & not let them down, which has allowed the 3 changes & go under the limit. 

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Someone, a few pages ago pointed out the numbers game but has not been followed through. Pre 1/9 you are over the limit & signing C Holder @ 7.16 & Vissing @ 4.16 converted(total 11.32) to replace Ellis @ 6.00 & Kerr @ 5.73 still puts you over at 39.05. It is then the signing of Tai @ 7.03 for Jack @ 8.91, who says he can not commit if not 100% & not let them down, which has allowed the 3 changes & go under the limit. 

010.2.3 AmendedMA’s

With the approval of the BSP LTD GC or Directors for: -

a) riders who have been absent from British Speedway racing for more than 3 seasons (The MA may be increased or decreased)

BSP LTD = Cartel. Holders average will be re assessed down to 7.11 (at most) if the move goes ahead. 

2 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

As the cut off is 31/8, maybe the averages that are listed for the 1/9 are used.

28 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

As the cut off is 31/8, maybe the averages that are listed for the 1/9 are used.

The cut-off was 28th August, effective 31st August so the 1st September averages do not come into it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Vissing is 3.96 so the change fits.

• Like 1