British Speedway Forum
dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

Witches v Aces Play off Semi Final 1st leg 29/9/22

Max only scored 16+1 last time we were there so Belle Vue won’t miss him, said BSF in their usual inept manner. 

40-16+6=30-60 to Ipswich. 

He top scored in the home meeting too!

Belle Vue to choke in a similar manner to all the other times and like PC in the ‘77 world final. 

Forum muppets do your thing. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ouch said:

Max only scored 16+1 last time we were there so Belle Vue won’t miss him, said BSF in their usual inept manner. 

Belle Vue to choke in a similar manner to all the other times and like PC in the ‘77 world final. 

Forum muppets do your thing. 

Strangely though,,, that's the only decent score Fricke has had at Foxhall,,,normally its between 3 and 6

31 minutes ago, ouch said:

Forum muppets do your thing

I’ll have a bash. That 16+1 literally came out of the blue and nobody was expecting anything like that from him. He’s never found Foxhall to his liking and his score of 3 earlier on at Foxhall was much less of a shock. How’d I do?

5 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

I fully expect Belle Vue to take a lead to Manchester, the reserve pairing for Ipswich isn't going to be good enough not for the want of trying!  42-48 Aces

I think we’ll take a lead to Manchester. Not one that’ll ultimately be enough, but a lead nonetheless. Our reserve situation is a worry I agree, especially with Starke’s ongoing fitness issues, but other than Wolves who also have poor reserves, I think we’ll get away with it here as Blowhorn and Etheridge are not great travellers normally. 

9 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Strangely though,,, that's the only decent score Fricke has had at Foxhall,,,normally its between 3 and 6

8 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

I’ll have a bash. That 16+1 literally came out of the blue and nobody was expecting anything like that from him. He’s never found Foxhall to his liking and his score of 3 earlier on at Foxhall was much less of a shock. How’d I do?

Agree with both of you. Fricke is normally very ropey at Foxhall to say the least. Superb last time out though so who knows what Fricke would/would have turned up. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

9 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I think we’ll take a lead to Manchester. Not one that’ll ultimately be enough, but a lead nonetheless. Our reserve situation is a worry I agree, especially with Starke’s ongoing fitness issues, but other than Wolves who also have poor reserves, I think we’ll get away with it here as Blowhorn and Etheridge are not great travellers normally. 

Agree with both of you. Fricke is normally very ropey at Foxhall to say the least. Superb last time out though so who knows what Fricke would/would have turned up. 

Think Aces reserves combined will outscore Ipswich even if they do travel poorly 

11 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Think Aces reserves combined will outscore Ipswich even if they do travel poorly 

Not so sure myself. A fit Starke then absolutely no chance, but as it stands don’t think there’ll be much in it. That’s if Starke is even riding. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Not so sure myself. A fit Starke then absolutely no chance, but as it stands don’t think there’ll be much in it. That’s if Starke is even riding. 

Starke is guesting  in the championship play offs for Glasgow tomorrow and Wed next week so thats possibly 8 rides or more for him to negotiate uninjured first before Ipswich's match Thursday 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Starke is guesting  in the championship play offs for Glasgow tomorrow and Wed next week so thats possibly 8 rides or more for him to negotiate uninjured first before Ipswich's match Thursday.

And probably at Plymouth on Tuesday ...

15 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

Not bad though not mentioning his 1 point return when representing Edinburgh 3/10/13 was a schoolboy error. 

It’s amazing that Max has achieved a “normal” performance level at Foxhall given he’s only completed one full season with the Witches as top flight opponents. 

17 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Before Mikebv gets to excited about Chris Harris guesting  his average is to high for Fricke if hes out injured by 0.01 it seems for September 

Come on....

This is UK "make it up as you go along" Speedway. ..

Surely having Bomber there would be in the "interests of it"?:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Baldyman said:

To be honest,,, I don't care,,,I won't be going,,, washing my hair.  How anyone can take this meeting seriously is beyond me,, you can't have a play off system of who faces who on where you finish in league when all league meetings haven't taken place.  Would be funny to now have a few rain offs before the Sheffield Ipswich meet,, with Ipswich then finishing top and then facing Wolves,, 

There is cut off date as per normal . All clubs understand that . if you dont care why post in the first place 

Belle Vue will have to face the play offs without Max Fricke who suffered multiple injuries in his crash in Poland yesterday.

• Sad 1

Thank you everyone for your messages.

I suffered a broken sternum, bruised lungs, sprained shoulder, cracked shoulder blade and concussion as a result of my crash in the meeting yesterday. This requires an extensive time to recover but we’ll be back to 100% before next season.I am sorry to the fans and everyone at Zielona Gora - this was not the result we wanted.

Unfortunately I will be missing the final GP in Toruń next weekend and the playoffs for Belle Vue. But the team has my full support from the side lines.Thank you everyone for your support throughout this season.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

26 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Thank you everyone for your messages.

I suffered a broken sternum, bruised lungs, sprained shoulder, cracked shoulder blade and concussion as a result of my crash in the meeting yesterday. This requires an extensive time to recover but we’ll be back to 100% before next season.I am sorry to the fans and everyone at Zielona Gora - this was not the result we wanted.

Unfortunately I will be missing the final GP in Toruń next weekend and the playoffs for Belle Vue. But the team has my full support from the side lines.Thank you everyone for your support throughout this season.

All of these are very painful injuries, especially the sternum. Poor Max, great guy..... best wishes from your Edinburgh fans Max, take care lad and don’t rush the healing process

• Like 3

BV definitely do not have any luck going into the playoffs. Someone always seems to pick up an injury.

Best wishes to Max for a full recovery. 

• Like 4