British Speedway Forum
Argos

Peter Collins Book

7 hours ago, arnieg said:

Odd pricing structure. What happens between 8am and 9.30 to justify the extra £3?

It's primarily a motorcycle Auto Jumbo so by gaining early admission you get first dibs on what being offered.  You may see a few people with Speedway or Grasstrack connections Max Richards & Julian Wigg are regulars. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, DazS said:

cheers tony i was hoping i hadn't missed it. will be having it. can you just turn up or need to book it.?

You can pay £10 at the door on the night. Books are £20 each.

• Thanks 1

On 11/28/2022 at 3:56 PM, DazS said:

cheers tony i was hoping i hadn't missed it. will be having it. can you just turn up or need to book it.?

You can pay £10 at the door on the night. Books are £20 each.

If you live in or near Manchester, then you might be interested to know that PC is returning to the Longsight & District Sports & Social Club this Friday (Dec 9) for an 'Evening with Peter Collins' Q&A that I'll be conducting with him.

It's also another ideal opportunity to buy his acclaimed new autobiography for £20 (a fiver off the RRP) and get it signed by the sporting legend. You may also like to take a selfie incorporating his 1976 world title-winning bike, leathers and body colour.

Doors open at 7.30pm, with the main event starting at 8.00.

As well as selling the book, Susie will also be there with a number of Retro Speedway's selected DVDs.

The full address is:
Longsight & District Sports & Social Club
140 Kirkmanshulme Lane (next to the NSS)
Manchester
M12 4WP

Admission: £10.00 (inc buffet).

You can pre-order a ticket via PayPal from Lesleyrourke33@hotmail.com or pay at the door on the night.

Hope to see you there . . . 

9 hours ago, TonyMac said:

If you live in or near Manchester, then you might be interested to know that PC is returning to the Longsight & District Sports & Social Club this Friday (Dec 9) for an 'Evening with Peter Collins' Q&A that I'll be conducting with him.

It's also another ideal opportunity to buy his acclaimed new autobiography for £20 (a fiver off the RRP) and get it signed by the sporting legend. You may also like to take a selfie incorporating his 1976 world title-winning bike, leathers and body colour.

Doors open at 7.30pm, with the main event starting at 8.00.

As well as selling the book, Susie will also be there with a number of Retro Speedway's selected DVDs.

The full address is:
Longsight & District Sports & Social Club
140 Kirkmanshulme Lane (next to the NSS)
Manchester
M12 4WP

Admission: £10.00 (inc buffet).

You can pre-order a ticket via PayPal from Lesleyrourke33@hotmail.com or pay at the door on the night.

Hope to see you there . . . 

Good, I’ll be there but why not have this at NSS? 

16 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

You have to ask PC that question…..

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

What does it matter? PC has no personal affinity with the NSS and no-one from Belle Vue's management has made contact with him or us as his publisher to express any interest in hosting such an event. It's not as if it could be held to coincide with a speedway meeting either.

Besides, the Longsight social club - who did approach us and are keen to make use of their facilities - is festooned with Aces memorabilia, proudly celebrating Belle Vue's history.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TonyMac said:

What does it matter? PC has no personal affinity with the NSS and no-one from Belle Vue's management has made contact with him or us as his publisher to express any interest in hosting such an event. It's not as if it could be held to coincide with a speedway meeting either.

Besides, the Longsight social club - who did approach us and are keen to make use of their facilities - is festooned with Aces memorabilia, proudly celebrating Belle Vue's history.

Fair point Tony. Still a bit odd attitude by BV manger as PC is a BV Ace? But its better to go were you are welcome. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

Fair point Tony. Still a bit odd attitude by BV manger as PC is a BV Ace? But its better to go were you are welcome. 

When you read the book you’ll understand why… 

Personal view, both sides need to grow a pair but PC comes out sounding very bitter at the end of the book (which is a shame as the rest is great). Whilst I don’t agree with BVs current position it’s their business to run how they feel.

• Like 1

enjoyed the night out last night, but never would of guessed he liked coronation st, as much as Emmerdale.

• Like 1

If you live in or not far from Lymm in Cheshire, then you might want to drop into the Lymm Heritage Centre this Thursday (Dec 15, 6.30-8.30pm), when PC will be there signing copies of his book.

The full address is: Lymm Heritage Centre, Legh Street, Lymm, WA13 0DA.

Started reading PC;s book today but can only do an hour at the most as it;s so heavy. Good for building up the arm muscles though.:D

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, TINYS said:

Started reading PC;s book today but can only do an hour at the most as it;s so heavy. Good for building up the arm muscles though.:D

...only a few days to go before I open my Xmas stocking and settle down and have a read of it!

1 hour ago, steve roberts said:

...only a few days to go before I open my Xmas stocking and settle down and have a read of it!

I almost envy you, I went cover to cover in just a few days and thoroughly enjoyed the book, I'd advise any of your family not to attempt meaningful conversation until the new year, depending on your reading speed of course.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nw42 said:

I almost envy you, I went cover to cover in just a few days and thoroughly enjoyed the book, I'd advise any of your family not to attempt meaningful conversation until the new year, depending on your reading speed of course.

Me too, over a few days.  Like all such books crammed with detail, but told in an interesting way, ( it's just like PC is dictating it to you ) I will be reading it again over the holidays....

• Like 1