British Speedway Forum
Garry1603

Belle Vue 2023

14 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Why would Hume be a weak no.6, especially when not injured?

He's not strong enough to be a main reserve in the top league against a much tougher pool of riders. 

Danyon's stats in the top league away from Foxhall in 2022 aren't good either (3.18 Inc BP) (3.06 Exc BP) 

Wolves made the mistake this year by going with two unestablished riders in the top league at reserve thinking they could bring Championship form to the table and it backfired drastically. 

If we went with Hume & Jenkins for example then we're asking for trouble before a wheel has turned especially when you take into account other teams line-ups that will see riders like Jakobsen, Berge, Kerr and co. at reserve.

9 minutes ago, TTT said:

He's not strong enough to be a main reserve in the top league against a much tougher pool of riders. 

Danyon's stats in the top league away from Foxhall in 2022 aren't good either (3.18 Inc BP) (3.06 Exc BP) 

Wolves made the mistake this year by going with two unestablished riders in the top league at reserve thinking they could bring Championship form to the table and it backfired drastically. 

If we went with Hume & Jenkins for example then we're asking for trouble before a wheel has turned especially when you take into account other teams line-ups that will see riders like Jakobsen, Berge, Kerr and co. at reserve.

You sure you ain't going with Hume and Jenkins? As it seems the Panthers have offered him a place 

Just now, Baldyman said:

You sure you ain't going with Hume and Jenkins? As it seems the Panthers have offered him a place 

If we do then we're toast. Nobody else will have to worry about the wooden spoon. :D

1-5 would be irrelevant as we'd just get mullered at reserve almost every week. 

If Chris Louis is prepared to let him go then that tells you everything you need to know about how Chris view's Hume as a No.6 in the Premiership too.

11 minutes ago, TTT said:

If we do then we're toast. Nobody else will have to worry about the wooden spoon. :D

1-5 would be irrelevant as we'd just get mullered at reserve almost every week. 

If Chris Louis is prepared to let him go then that tells you everything you need to know about how Chris view's Hume as a No.6 in the Premiership too.

Ipswich may have Kemp and Heeps?? Wouldn't even even bother putting the bread in the toaster 

• Like 1

Sorry for going off topic Belle Vue fans. I'll give you your thread back after this post :t:

Only chance of Hume being at Peterborough is if he's on the RS list. 

Danyon's 2022 Premiership stats tell you everything that you need to know. Only way Danyon even gets a job in the Prem is by being on the RS list or by Chris Louis remaining loyal to him.

image.png.046e5c39ea89e1b8842ade060d469407.png

8 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

I've been told that at the AGM its been vetoed that rising star riders get a 25% deduction that was rumoured If they are kept within the club once not being eligible, as only really Belle Vue would benefit as Brennan is a class above, so the other clubs out-voted the Aces to stop them seeking an advantage so the Belle Vue side I have seen on here may need rethinking as Brennan should come in at 5.71  

Very disappointed if that's the case, one good rule brought in to help improving British riders, short handedly gotten rid of as it doesn't help other promoters to win!

I think Danyon Hume would find it very hard to get a spot without the 25% reduction.

Makes the RS system pointless if a rider improves then gets dropped once he's no longer a RS! Surely the whole point of the RS system is to bring riders on to fill other spots in the team!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TTT said:

Hope not.

Any team that goes with a weak No.6 partnered with a RS is toast imo. Wolves 2022 proved that it doesn't work.

But in Peterborough's case they would be signing a 4.1 rider on a 3.1 average, Wolves signed 2 riders on their actual aves!

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Why would Hume be a weak no.6, especially when not injured?

Hume may be one of the if not the weakest number 6 in the league, but I'd say he's being signed so the top 5 is stronger not to strengthen the reserve berth!

I still think he's better than some make out, for example his Champ ave is 1 point above Mountain's who many seem to rate!

• Like 1

Sounds like Brennan could be off to pastures new.

2 minutes ago, DJC said:

Sounds like Brennan could be off to pastures new.

That would be a major surprise to me, is that because they were refused the 25% discount

• Like 1

Tom Brennan`s post on social media

Looking back on my time at @theaces1928 this year, there's only really positives that come to mind. It was an incredible experience to be crowned SGB Premiership Champions with such a great team.

Along with that, on a personal note, I achieved my goals for the year- moving out of reserve and staying out, graduating from the rising star scheme and put right my issues with my home form from 2021. As always this wouldn't have been possible without my team- my sponsors and family.

I also want to thank Mark for putting us in the position to win the league with such a good team, my teammates for their help this season, Ian Sinderson and ATPI for their part played in Belle Vue and finally to the fans for being so supportive and patient in waiting for the league trophy to come back to Manchester.

Now I turn to 2023 in the Premiership and a new chapter out of the Rising Star system.

22 minutes ago, screm said:

Tom Brennan`s post on social media

Looking back on my time at @theaces1928 this year, there's only really positives that come to mind. It was an incredible experience to be crowned SGB Premiership Champions with such a great team.

Along with that, on a personal note, I achieved my goals for the year- moving out of reserve and staying out, graduating from the rising star scheme and put right my issues with my home form from 2021. As always this wouldn't have been possible without my team- my sponsors and family.

I also want to thank Mark for putting us in the position to win the league with such a good team, my teammates for their help this season, Ian Sinderson and ATPI for their part played in Belle Vue and finally to the fans for being so supportive and patient in waiting for the league trophy to come back to Manchester.

Now I turn to 2023 in the Premiership and a new chapter out of the Rising Star system.

Where is he off then? Leicester? What's his average?

Big call to release Brennan. Much better than Blodorn tbh.

Edited by TTT

Back the Brits??

Nah - chew em up and spit em out!

• Like 1