British Speedway Forum

Ben Cook (4.00) and Emil (8.00) would work as the final 2 riders. I like the sound of that team. 

If Keynan Rew is injured long term could we have Hume (2.99), Craig Cook (5.05) and Emil (8.00)?

2 hours ago, TTT said:

No it will have to be Hume or Mountain for the final spot.

Or another new foreigner on a 4,,,, there is a few decent ones of them about,,,, but maybe putting too good a team together is pushing it too far,,, so prob Hume. 

I still think Sheffield will be favourites,, whoever finishes our team off 

Edited by Baldyman

8 hours ago, Arthur73 said:

Ben Cook (4.00) and Emil (8.00) would work as the final 2 riders. I like the sound of that team. 

If Keynan Rew is injured long term could we have Hume (2.99), Craig Cook (5.05) and Emil (8.00)?

Louis is confident he’ll be fit for the start of the season according to this weeks speedway star and they’re pressing ahead with his visa. He apparently walked out of the hospital himself but needs some rest and recovery time. 

11 hours ago, TTT said:

No it will have to be Hume or Mountain for the final spot.

Or Paul Starke, or possibly another new 4 pointer as Baldy says. A fair few options. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Louis is confident he’ll be fit for the start of the season according to this weeks speedway star and they’re pressing ahead with his visa. He apparently walked out of the hospital himself but needs some rest and recovery time. 

Rew said himself the docs told him he needs no surgery just a couple of months rest

Surely the first thing the Ipswich management look for when considering any new signing is do they play golf?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

He'll been fine, I did something very similar in a snowboard accident several years ago.. I had 4 nights in an Austrian hospital & left with a brace after 8 weeks I was back to almost normal & able to get back on the board after 3 months.

I don't know where the talk of Sayfutdinov or Laguta riding in Britain is coming from, but I thought it was clear they can race in Poland as they have Polish passports, but cannot ride in the GPs or in any other countries GB / SWE etc.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't know where the talk of Sayfutdinov or Laguta riding in Britain is coming from, but I thought it was clear they can race in Poland as they have Polish passports, but cannot ride in the GPs or in any other countries GB / SWE etc.

The FIM are dealing with it and by all accounts it’s been approved by them 

but they are just rumours. But it wouldn’t shock me if Emil did ride for Ipswich from what I’m hearing. And the long wait for the next signing speaks volumes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

The FIM are dealing with it and by all accounts it’s been approved by them 

but they are just rumours. But it wouldn’t shock me if Emil did ride for Ipswich from what I’m hearing. And the long wait for the next signing speaks volumes. 

100% Emil rumours must be true because of that reason.

Team would've been completed way before Christmas if the Emil rumours weren't true imo.

The long wait surely signifies the club are trying to get a left signing sorted, wouldn’t be this hard to get worrall and batch signed and announced. Could still end up being them if it doesn’t come off of course but the wait suggests Chris is trying for Emil as rumoured or someone else

59 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

The long wait surely signifies the club are trying to get a left signing sorted, wouldn’t be this hard to get worrall and batch signed and announced. Could still end up being them if it doesn’t come off of course but the wait suggests Chris is trying for Emil as rumoured or someone else

It could be the Troy Batchelor situation holding things up and waiting to see if he gets a Championship place. This appears impossible now and, having no team on the Continent either, he might decide to stay at home in 2023.

Edited by tocha

3 hours ago, tocha said:

It could be the Troy Batchelor situation holding things up and waiting to see if he gets a Championship place. This appears impossible now and, having no team on the Continent either, he might decide to stay at home in 2023.

Does batch not live in the uk full time anyway ? 

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Does batch not live in the uk full time anyway ? 

Yes I'm sure he does .....

• Thanks 1