British Speedway Forum

24 minutes ago, TINYS said:

Hopefully now these people that think they are in the know about Emil coming over here can move on and start some other rumour.

Oh someone's seen this week's Speedway Star!!;)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Well obviously I wasn’t talking about “non speedway fans” lovey why on earth would I think people who are not in to speedway would suddenly go to see someone they don’t know? You know full well what I was saying. 

Fair enough, although would his signing attract lapsed fans? On the Witches Facebook page, there has been a range of views from people waiting for news of the signings - the most likely outcome is that Worrall & Batchelor (example only, I haven’t looked at averages) might result in more people giving up, or only picking and choosing. Thus, a “big name” is more likely to shore-up existing support, than have hundreds flooding back.

I continue to stand by what I’ve been saying for years - make it an entertaining evening all round, and people are more likely to want to attend, because they’ll feel like they’re getting value for money.

On 1/12/2023 at 11:00 AM, TTT said:

Torun can then release Emil for breach of contract.

Torun have Matej Zagar on a Warsaw contract so they won't need to scramble around to find a replacement.

No offence to Matej, he's one of my all time favourite riders... BUT he is no replacement for Emil, not anymore

6 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Exactly this... they can then say well we don't want to sign you anymore so go ride for Ipswich.... i highly doubt Emil would do that!! Doesn't matter who is involved Torun don't have to put him in the team!!

Would Torun really want to make themselves weaker just for some petty contract squabble? Especially considering they haven't got a very deep squad already...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Why should they not be allowed to protect their asset? There not banning him from riding over here there saying if you do we wont select you so its your choice... 

But why are they not doing the same for every other rider then? Just these three? Is it about the war or isn’t it? If they’re continuing to pontificate about the war in the Ukraine then they shouldn’t be allowing them to ride in Poland either should they? This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Baldyman said:

We after pedo now? 

Nicki Pedersen? Maybe long in the tooth but still scoring very well. Biggest issue and concern is the injury. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

Nicki Pedersen? Maybe long in the tooth but still scoring very well. Biggest issue and concern is the injury. 

Will always bring the crowd's  in......

2 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Wouldn't bring me in,,, 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Why?  Existing and lapsed fans either love him or dislike him.  Can't see why he's even attempting a comeback after such a horrible injury, so adding extra fixtures with random hops over the North Sea wouldn't be of any benefit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Why?  Existing and lapsed fans either love him or dislike him.  Can't see why he's even attempting a comeback after such a horrible injury, so adding extra fixtures with random hops over the North Sea wouldn't be of any benefit.

Unless like another Pedersen he is wanting one final swansong to say goodbye to those fans who do like him just as KK is doing this season 

10 hours ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Ud come over if  they were throwing silly money at you ....Still  draws people in at his age ...love him or hate him ...

19 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

But why are they not doing the same for every other rider then? Just these three? Is it about the war or isn’t it? If they’re continuing to pontificate about the war in the Ukraine then they shouldn’t be allowing them to ride in Poland either should they? This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. 

Steve, my understanding is that as Emil, along with fellow Russian riders Artem Laguta and Andrei Kudriashav, have previously been granted Polish citizenship, any attempt to prevent them earning a living in Poland due to their original nationality would be deemed illegal in the courts of law on the grounds of discrimination.

1 hour ago, 4BM said:

добро пожаловать Эмиль

Has Putin recalled him??