British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Don’t forget poor ol Jack!

2 hours ago, Badge said:

Oops , have to drop Ritchie for now then 

Perhaps not - Jack could be TM. There's a few that would suggest he would do a better job ;):P (Not me of course :))

2 hours ago, Hodgy said:

Gav has already stated Dudek for Ipswich 100% confirmed, several times on different threads. 

Gav! You’ve gone quiet, are you still 100% sure Dudek to Ipswich? You said it was confirmed many times, for Speedway’s sake I hope you are correct. 

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

13th July 2017. The evening that part of me fell out of love with speedway, the track was a little heavy and rough but nothing that twelve of the riders on show couldn't handle. Unfortunately Messrs Batchelor and Holder senior sat in the pits when their races came round, treating the paying customers that night with contempt. The whole situation was handled badly by all parties including the Lynn hierarchy (Chapman, Lyon & Allitt) and Lynn of course lost the meeting. Batchelor and Holder were sacked on the eve of the transfer window closing (a petty move but at the same time my sympathy for the riders was zero) and as far as I know those damaged relationships have never been repaired.

Having been there that night and leaving the stadium completely dissillusioned I can understand Buster Chapman not wanting Chris Holder anywhere near a club he is involved in but equally you'd have thought six years later they could have sorted their differences enough to work together. That said I think if P'boro end up with Nicki Pedersen they'll be better off.

Fully agree.

17 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

If they took Polish citizenship after the invasion of Ukraine then they are still banned as far as I read it.

16 hours ago, Najjer said:

Which is an absolute nonsense - why? They are no longer calling themselves Russian. Live and now citizens of another country. Makes no sense for that logic.

For what it is worth, that isn’t how I read it.

Having dual nationality is very different to changing nationality. Has Emil given up his Russian Passport and renounced his Russian Citizenship? or has he just gained a second nationality. That is the question you should be asking.

• Like 4

Louis also provided an update on how team building is going as they edge closer to completing the side.

“I understand fans’ frustration that things this year are moving much slower than we are used to in terms of completing the team. It is very important for the club, sponsors, riders and fans that we do our upmost to get the best we can and to entertain the fans and put together a side that has the best chance of winning. It is frustrating that it is taking longer than normal but there are reasons for that. Things have sped up a little in the last few days and we remain on target to hopefully update the fans in another week’s time.”

https://ipswichwitches.co/2023-partner-sponsors-rn-euston-scott-properties/

Partner sponsors announced. Interesting snippet on the team at the end of the article 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Louis also provided an update on how team building is going as they edge closer to completing the side.

“I understand fans’ frustration that things this year are moving much slower than we are used to in terms of completing the team. It is very important for the club, sponsors, riders and fans that we do our upmost to get the best we can and to entertain the fans and put together a side that has the best chance of winning. It is frustrating that it is taking longer than normal but there are reasons for that. Things have sped up a little in the last few days and we remain on target to hopefully update the fans in another week’s time.”

https://ipswichwitches.co/2023-partner-sponsors-rn-euston-scott-properties/

Partner sponsors announced. Interesting snippet on the team at the end of the article 

Is it just a coincidence how things are speeding up at Ipswich just as things are starting to speed up at Peterborough.

On target to update fans in a weeks time, Panthers are making multiple announcements later this week according to Carl Johnson.

Edited by TTT

2 hours ago, TTT said:

Is it just a coincidence how things are speeding up at Ipswich just as things are starting to speed up at Peterborough.

On target to update fans in a weeks time, Panthers are making multiple announcements later this week according to Carl Johnson.

Possibly, although Hawkins did say over a month ago it would be in to February before the team was revealed. At least it’s nearly over for both clubs :D

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TTT said:

Looks that way .....

On 2/12/2023 at 9:53 PM, Hodgy said:

Gav! You’ve gone quiet, are you still 100% sure Dudek to Ipswich? You said it was confirmed many times, for Speedway’s sake I hope you are correct. 

Dudek wont be riding in UK

On 2/12/2023 at 8:53 PM, Hodgy said:

To be honest I'd taken Gav's comments about Dudek as a wind up. 

Don't either the Ipswich or Peterborough local press employ investigative reporters anymore? I'm sure if Elvin King was still around we would have known what was going on.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mau said:

Don't either the Ipswich or Peterborough local press employ investigative reporters anymore? I'm sure if Elvin King was still around we would have known what was going on.

Nobody can report what isn’t done really. Louis has already said in yesterdays press release they’re HOPING to announce more next week. If nothing has been signed it can’t be reported on. 

Elvin was very good though on reporting on the Witches, as was Mike Bacon so it’ll be interesting to see who from the local press picks up the baton. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Baldyman said:

I think it could possibly be a short term contract with Holder,,, then after that who knows. 

A short term deal would make me even more wary of Holder. Hope that doesn’t happen. 

3 hours ago, Mau said:

I think because more people each day visit your average MacDonalds, than go to a speedway meeting, it's not exactly "big news". Afterall a good investigative reporter could be spending their time looking into pot holes, tory sleaze, mis-shaped vegetables, or a negative trust pilot review. That's the real news of the day :t:

Edited by wtf