British Speedway Forum

17 minutes ago, Aries said:

Won’t be the 1-7 at the end of the season either. One thing that sets Chris Louis apart from his Dad, is that Chris is never afraid to make changes if there’s a chance to improve unlike his father who would plod on until the end of the season with the same septet regardless of form. With that kind of financial backing as well, it’s a question of when not if Ipswich win the title. 

Depends what riders need changing....if King has another poor start he won't get dropped but if Hume manages to put some points on his average he'll be dropped for a better rider

2 minutes ago, stewmac said:

I'm sure you're bright enough to understand he had nothing to do with the decision to invade Ukraine, even if others aren't...

Yes of course and I am sure you are bright enough to realise that if he didn't have Polish citizenship he wouldn't be allowed to compete. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Great signing for. Ipswich but may get a mixed reception elsewhere as he is still Russian even if he is a Polish citizen. 

What an ignorant post. I could understand if they announced the signing of Putin but this is a little bit different. Just because he is Russian does not mean he should be tarred with the same brush.

What a fantastic signing for Ipswich and great news for British Speedway.

7 minutes ago, Aries said:

Perhaps the government should throw your wife out of the UK as well for her heinous crime of having been born in Russia! I’m kidding mate obviously. 
Anyone who boos Emil Sayfutdinov needs to give their head a wobble,, anyone with a brain cell won’t be doing that. 

No I agree most should just appreciate his ability and than Chris Louis for getting him, he will certainly improve crowds wherever he goes. 

11 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes of course and I am sure you are bright enough to realise that if he didn't have Polish citizenship he wouldn't be allowed to compete. 

What has that got to do with what you said about the reception? We don’t know that what you’ve said is accurate either. Russian tennis players without any kind of dual nationality or citizenship elsewhere have been allowed to compete as individuals, except Wimbledon last year. But things may have changed? I bet they play Wimbledon this year! I suggest you have a read of this

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2022/06/28/bmay-j28.html

Edited by Aries
  • Like 1

The way people make it sound like Emil and Artem are the ones firing the missiles need to get a grip, what a fantastic signing for the league 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Najjer said:

What an ignorant post. I could understand if they announced the signing of Putin but this is a little bit different. Just because he is Russian does not mean he should be tarred with the same brush.

Good  Luck to Ipswich..Not so for other teams ..imagine him and Doyle in heats 13 and 15 ...we need more top riders in the league..As u said great for British  Speedway...

On 12/10/2022 at 12:28 PM, PhilTheAce said:

Could we be seeing the return of the beast from the east 

the date is 10 December, i posted a cryptic clue, 10th December was 76 days ago, that's 76 days of blood sweat and tears from Chris and his team, and probably started the process in November sometime, they never gave up not to just give Ipswich the best chance of winning silverware but to give British speedway a much needed boost.

there should not be 1 speedway fan in the country that shouldn't be proud of what louis as done, there shouldn't be 1 speedway promotor who shouldn't be proud of what louis as done, every speedway club in the top flight will benefit from having Emil show up at there track.

so louis from one very happy aces fan, THANK YOU

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

so you have the best top 2 in the league, this also takes so much pressure on king and i think he will be on for one of his best years, rew is a talent who will up his average, all looks good to me and definitely a play off team 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Najjer said:

I agree he shouldn't be tarred with the same brush nor should any other Russian sportsperson. 

Great signing to Ipswich, which makes them joint favourites for the league with Sheffield assuming he completes the season.

24 minutes ago, Siggytastic said:

Would Ben Barker's average fit for the last place?

No he’s slightly too high even with his British reduction. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Aries said:

What has that got to do with what you said about the reception? We don’t know that what you’ve said is accurate either. Russian tennis players without any kind of dual nationality or citizenship elsewhere have been allowed to compete as individuals, except Wimbledon last year. But things may have changed? I bet they play Wimbledon this year! I suggest you have a read of this

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2022/06/28/bmay-j28.html

Sounds like good news, they were allowed to compete in Arhletics but not under the Russian flag. Maybe I am wrong and he won't get any unwarranted flak from away fans.