British Speedway Forum

Hell of a signing for the Witches and Heats 13 and 15 look pretty strong! What average does Emil come in on and how many points are left for the final position?

Congrats on the signing of Emil, who is one of my favourite GP esque riders. This is a (pardon the pun) shot in the arm for British speedway, and Ipswich in particular. Could Emil's first ride this year be at BV in the PCMT perhaps?.

I wouldn't complain about Nationalities and stuff

Under normal circumstances we wouldn't have had riders like Emil over here, So everyone who supports British Speedway should be excited and happy with this signing.

We've all complained how weak the league has been over the past few years, 2023 is going to be the strongest league we've had in years which is only a good thing that will raise the profile of British Speedway again.

I think everyone should forget about politics and just enjoy / savour every memory provided by an Elite level rider on track in 2023 because like us at Peterborough regarding Nicki, The chances of seeing Emil ride for your own team or riding in Britain period after this season would be very thin imo.

Well done to Chris Louis who's worked tirelessly all winter, Must have been draining but he's got his man and nobody can doubt his commitment and determination for success.

Edited by TTT
  • Like 2

Wow wow wow... As a Sheffield fan its given me a buzz to go watch live speedway and cant wait to go watch world class riders back in the British league..

I think this now makes Ipswich title favourites especially with bonus points as this pair will nearly be untouchable

I also dont care he is Russian, like others have said, he didnt want this war and put himself out of work and rule himself out of the grand prix's

2 hours ago, Aries said:

Perhaps the government should throw your wife out of the UK as well for her heinous crime of having been born in Russia! I’m kidding mate obviously. 
Anyone who boos Emil Sayfutdinov needs to give their head a wobble,, anyone with a brain cell won’t be doing that. 

sadly over the years I have seen and heard a fair few speedway fans who do lack brains cells! In the past there have been a fair few on this forum also!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TTT said:

I wouldn't complain about Nationalities and stuff

Under normal circumstances we wouldn't have had riders like Emil over here, So everyone who supports British Speedway should be excited and happy with this signing.

We've all complained how weak the league has been over the past few years, 2023 is going to be the strongest league we've had in years which is only a good thing that will raise the profile of British Speedway again.

I think everyone should forgot about politics and just enjoy / savour every memory provided by an Elite level rider on track in 2023 because like us at Peterborough regarding Nicki, The chances of seeing Emil ride for your own team or riding in Britain period after this season would be very thin imo.

Well done to Chris Louis who's worked tirelessly all winter, Must have been draining but he's got his man and nobody can doubt his commitment and determination for success.

Its certainly good to see some top level riders back in the UK - lets hope the racing is good as well

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 1

There were quite large Ukrainian communities in parts of the UK before the present war broke out. They are even larger now. I can remember going to a concert in the days of the old Soviet Union  to hear a Russian Orchestra and their performance was interrupted by Ukrainian Nationalists. The Ukrainians have long memories. Don't be surprised if there are demonstrations!

• Like 1

What a great team to be a part of especially for the younger riders, they will learn so much from Doyley and Emil. I hope Hume is the last rider, he deserves his chance. 

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, RideHard said:

Certainly spiced things up abit! Finally Doyle will have someone to ride heat 13 and 15 with. 

can’t wait to see Emil at Owlerton and against Holder, Musielak and Ellis. Well done Ipswich for getting him over here

have to admit the idea of what i call a proper heat 15 is tantalising! Bit like the good old days of the 80s with say Gundersen/Pedersen, Knudsen and Tatum - I will certainly make the effort to get to those meetings.

Heats 13 and 15 at Peterborough opening night 

Pedersen, NKi, Doyle, Sayfutdinov 

11 hours ago, Neila said:

When you have 5 or more bikes it's easy to bring 2 over to the UK to use

It makes sense to just leave / have  bikes here then all he has to do is fly in and ride them - some riders I have read cart engines around etc with them. It was interesting to read Tai's autobiography and his experiences of engines with his then tuner!

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Great signing for. Ipswich but may get a mixed reception elsewhere as he is still Russian even if he is a Polish citizen. 

whilst him being Russian born etc is a bit of an elephant in the room why bring it up - shrugs!

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

No he’s slightly too high even with his British reduction. 

Saw the laughing emoji from Beerhut and re-read what I’d put. I didn’t understand it at first as it was a genuine reply! Lol

• Haha 2

Klitschko was on tv the other night saying this.....but of course speedway isn't an important sport and i doubt the media will bother. Not sure if Emil has made any sort of comment on the war, but of course he was photographed with one of the rebel leaders of the Night Wolves. But then again, it was just a pic in unknown circumstances. And years ago the Klitschko's were together with Putin.... hey ho

https://www.boxingscene.com/wladimir-klitschko-continues-lash-out-ioc-allowing-russian-athletes-2024-olympics--172607