British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, TINYS said:

Why should it be seen as wrong by the British public are they not intelligent enough to realise the war is Putin's fault not Emil's or any other sports person unless they have said they agree with it.

Are you not intelligent enough to realise nobody thinks its Emils fault? 

Sport and politics relationship is a little more nuanced than that. 

1 hour ago, Ryehouseforever said:

I think they are dipping their toes in the water to see what reaction they get. From the government, BSPL, sponsors and supporters . I tell you mine I will cancel the 3 season tickets I was going to buy and my sponsorship. I will be finished with speedway.

I'm sure emil will bring more fans through the gate to cover your absence.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sully said:

Taken from SGP website 

The deal remains subject to confirmation from British Speedway Promoters Ltd, and he will need a UK visa. But Sayfutdinov is hopeful these obstacles will be overcome as Witches boss Chris Louis works hard to conclude a deal that has been months in the making.

Sayfutdinov said: “I think there is a long process to go. I remember Chris calling in November asking about the possibility. We didn’t answer straight away and thought about it for a few days, but then we called Chris to ask how the situation looked and all the problems he could face

So nothing certain about this signing yet then.

On paper a great addition. The timing tho… 

3 hours ago, TINYS said:

Why should it be seen as wrong by the British public are they not intelligent enough to realise the war is Putin's fault not Emil's or any other sports person unless they have said they agree with it.

It might aid his case if he said publicly that he didn't agree with the invasion. 

Also, while having him racing in Britain would be superb, making the public announcement of the proposed signing today of all days was not at all clever.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

It might aid his case if he said publicly that he didn't agree with the invasion. 

Also, while having him racing in Britain would be superb, making the public announcement of the proposed signing today of all days was not at all clever.

It was probably only made today thanks to the Polish media making it known and no malice was intended in announcing it on the anniversary of the incursion but that said it all started some time before with Crimea.  It is a good signing for U.K. speedway but we are an island with an awful lot of small minded individuals who look for a cause to rise up against whatever, irrespective of the facts. Most clubs will see some benefit and hopefully add to punters to the throughput on the gate. Woe betide the authorities if they veto the signing.  It will certainly be an interesting season and Chris deserves some support for having the vision to go beyond the run of mill signings and shake up the sport with an out and out rider whose has an appetite to chase the glory. Hopefully speedway U.K. will benefit from this move.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ryehouseforever said:

I think they are dipping their toes in the water to see what reaction they get. From the government, BSPL, sponsors and supporters . I tell you mine I will cancel the 3 season tickets I was going to buy and my sponsorship. I will be finished with speedway.

Cheerio - don't let the door slap you on the arse on the way.....:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Technik said:

As much as I would love to see Emil again racing on British tracks there are still many fences to be cleared.

I understand he is now a Polish Citizen & will race on a Polish licence

However he has to submit application forms where he will need to supply his place of birth & that he has held a Russian passport until the need to become Polish was his preferred option.

will UKBA be happy to supply the required permit to someone that has less than one year as a Polish Citizen & not worked within Poland in that time.

Then there's the ACU who still have a blanket ban on Russian competitors or officials operating within their borders.

The BSPL are not an issue they will do as they are told by the senior authorities.

He has been a Polish citizen since 2009 not just in the last year

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Don’t think anyone believes he/she was buying 3 season tickets either! Another sh!t stirrer stirring the pot. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Mind you don't drown in Ukrainian blood!  Don't come crying to me when the Russians have destroyed your house and your  door slams into your arse. Believe me I want to conquer the world. Put the TV on and open your eyes!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Good news. You’d think Laguta would have a few more issues if he has any thoughts of coming over. 

Just now, Siggytastic said:

Speedway on the BBC website, whatever next!

The most surprising element of the Emil deal haha

And do people really think that Louis has waited virtually all the close season and announced it now without having all the required visa/permit/approvals in place? 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1