British Speedway Forum

Need to make the move and get drew in at no.7 if he’s available now it’s a no brainer

he was at Foxhall on Thursday night.

I think it’s time Joe is dropped. Not just for the team but it cannot be good for his confidence and development being thrown so far out of his depth.

we need a RS change and time to drop King. Is Pickering worth a punt and able to fit in the team? Riding with Doyle may help him recapture his form from last year.

• Like 1

Witches management need to take action fast. Bring back Riss so we can use his average. Get rid of King and Riss. Giving us 12.93 to play with. Bring in Lindgren and possibly Castagna. Change the RS for anyone preferably Kemp.

1 hour ago, ThinBlueWitch said:

I think it’s time Joe is dropped. Not just for the team but it cannot be good for his confidence and development being thrown so far out of his depth.

we need a RS change and time to drop King. Is Pickering worth a punt and able to fit in the team? Riding with Doyle may help him recapture his form from last year.

Isn't Pickering a bit injured at the moment? 

31 minutes ago, 2ndbend said:

Witches management need to take action fast. Bring back Riss so we can use his average. Get rid of King and Riss. Giving us 12.93 to play with. Bring in Lindgren and possibly Castagna. Change the RS for anyone preferably Kemp.

Not sure about 12.93,,,unless that's what we would have to play with to get back to or under 39,,, you can't just pick 2 riders and add their average together,,, can't have Lindgren unless one of Doyle or Emil left,, as only allowed 2 riders from Polish top league in a team. 

Gotta say that was a bad defeat for Witches, against one if their play-off rivals is a 6 point swing (including bonus point). Certainly think their first strengthening should be a new RS.

On 5/28/2023 at 10:30 AM, kevin bass said:

Just seen he's only signed a 28 day contract as he's gotta 5 wk break from his Polish league racing, but says he's open to staying longer.

Even if Kemp was only available for 28 days I'd still sign him up. Could just say to Joe you're resting him for a month to work on his form in the Champ & NL, with a view to coming back in a month? He's hardly in a position to argue he's scoring enough points to warrant keeping his team spot!

On 5/28/2023 at 10:47 AM, 89buttons said:

Need to make the move and get drew in at no.7 if he’s available now it’s a no brainer

Exactly, he's in the UK now so must be interested in racing in the Premiership and was good at Scunthorpe tonight. We have to snap him up before Belle Vue swoop in! Signing him will also help Danyon who has been taking so many rides of late.

47 minutes ago, Arthur73 said:

Exactly, he's in the UK now so must be interested in racing in the Premiership and was good at Scunthorpe tonight. We have to snap him up before Belle Vue swoop in! Signing him will also help Danyon who has been taking so many rides of late.

Not as good as Connor Bailey who scored 10+1 including 2 race wins, 1 paid win, on the rising stars list and available.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tocha said:

Not as good as Connor Bailey who scored 10+1 including 2 race wins, 1 paid win, on the rising stars list and available.

He’s the standout and the one to go for. Someone will surely snap him up sooner rather than later. 

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

He’s the standout and the one to go for. Someone will surely snap him up sooner rather than later. 

I mentioned Bailey b4 as an option, he started the season slow but seems to be scoring well of late

On the subject of Bailey it was mentioned on the Scunthorpe v Redcar thread would he want to do a 4th league as he's already riding NDL, Premier plus rides over in Poland in U24 league, you would of thought as he rides alongside King, Hume and Riss when he's fit for Redcar one of um would of had a word with him or put his name forward to Louis as an option at RS.

Watching the SGP2 last night , CL mentioned he didn't know half the riders ....

Why?

But yeah Bailey would be ideal,  also thought Albitt did well 

9 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Watching the SGP2 last night , CL mentioned he didn't know half the riders ....

Why?

But yeah Bailey would be ideal,  also thought Albitt did well 

I'm surprised that CL didn't know half the riders, that's a worry in itself, if CL doesn't know half the riders, then RH is going to know even less than half of that half lol

Anders Rowe is what the Witches need at 7 I think with the likes of Doyle, Emil in the side it will bring him on leaps and bounds and IF he gets anywhere near showing his TRUPotential :D then he has shown in the past he can score points in the main body, so having him at 7 would be the best option but that's only in my opinion

I'd change the RS first, have a meeting or two then if things are still iffy and Riss is nowhere near back within the 28 day period that Barker has come in to cover, I would have to take a look at a permanent signing, I think I am right but maybe wrong if that change had to happen now and Witches had to redeclare and be under 39 points then currently the side is 38.30 and Barker is 4.38, so gives Witches a total of 5.08 to play with to replace Riss as you can't replace Riss on a 6.14 as you'd be over the limit

5.08 riders....

Hans Andersen 4.96
Ben Barker 4.38
Cameron Heeps 4.18
Paul Starke 3.53
Craig Cook 5.05
Connor Mountain 4.51
Foreign Rider on a 5.00 which is unlikely

For me  Doyle, Rew, Emil, Riss, King, Hume, Rowe is best
or           Doyle, Rew, Emil, Cook, King, Hume, Rowe

I know Danyon has done incredibly well at times this season but if he has these arm pump issues and can't do 5/6/7 rides then maybe there will come a time when they may look at that, in that last side you could have Cook & Barker in with Riss & Hume out