British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, siggysigalos said:

Well Said.....All Correct.

The problem i see is nobody seems to know what the replacements should be.....

Thompson i believe could be Bailey or Kemp

Dont think as i said earlier that Barker will be retained after 28 Days, not sure whether Erik will ride again this season, so god knows who comes in there

And Danny King should be the 1st released, but we all know it won't be him due to his relationship with Louis and Hawkins. But if they were to press the button then apart from Tungate (Who i would take)no other names seem to be forthcoming. I suppose thats an average thing.

Looks like he might be riding for Redcar..

21 hours ago, slyfox said:

Will Erik Riss be back for Friday?

Sounds like he has been practicing at Redcar in recent days.

32 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

He is named by Redcar at #3

Blooming fixture changes :angry:

Booked a holiday as no home fixture 10th August and now this

We were supposed to be at home 3rd and 17th 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Badge said:

Blooming fixture changes :angry:

Booked a holiday as no home fixture 10th August and now this

We were supposed to be at home 3rd and 17th 

So the powers that be decided its a great idea to have 2 matches against the same team,and local derbies at that, within 2 weeks of each other  .Great

• Like 1

On 6/6/2023 at 10:07 AM, Arch Stanton said:

The Problem King has is he’s been synonymous with failure. No title since 98 and since then it’s been years of failure, and Danny King has been the one mainstay in all of those failures. It’s harsh because individually he hasn’t done an awful lot wrong, in a lot of those years he’s actually done very well. But, those that attend Foxhall regularly will tell you that the groans about King have grown noticeably louder the last couple of years on the terraces every time he’s having a bad ride or meeting. There just seems to be a tiredness about it all and fresh change is sometimes needed for both club and rider. Look how stale things got for Lewi Kerr at Lynn, but a move to Sheffield seemed to give him a new spring in his step. 

Swap King with Klindt?  Both rather stale, getting grief from home fans, and needing a new outlook ...

PS: New Green Sheets for Sayfutdinov (9.40) and Rew (4.00) from 12 June.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, castrolargh said:

So the powers that be decided its a great idea to have 2 matches against the same team,and local derbies at that, within 2 weeks of each other  .Great

Height of Summer, school holidays, surely the best time to try to attract extra through the gate for local derbies ...

13 hours ago, castrolargh said:

Lack of riders available usually means lack of dates. British Speedway is a bit like trying to persuade someone they can drive from London to Glasgow on a tenner! 

On 6/6/2023 at 10:19 AM, Racin Jason 72 said:

There is no doubt Danny king has been a brilliant loyal member of the team for many years. Also a lovely guy and decent man but I think he needs a change of track. 
over the last couple of seasons I’ve really noticed in the pressure heats he seems to crumble. This is also true at championship level too. I thought this season with another top rider where he wouldn’t get heat 13 or 15 would help him

for a rider of his experience I find his riding lines strange. Heat 3 at foxhall he rides the outside by the fence and get easily passed by both Leicester riders.  His gating has been good but he get passed repeatedly and easily. 
it baffles me how opposing riders sail past with no attempt to block them yet a team maté regularly gets impeded by him. 
He never ever looks for his partner or attempts to team ride either. 
maybe like Lewis Kerr he has just got stale and would benefit greatly from a move away. 

Scott Nicholls is 45 and certainly didn't look stale with Sheffield at foxhall the other week. Mind you what a sad sight the the once great Hans was trying to get round the track.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Swap King with Klindt?  Both rather stale, getting grief from home fans, and needing a new outlook ...

PS: New Green Sheets for Sayfutdinov (9.40) and Rew (4.00) from 12 June.

So Rew drops a point but Emil on the other hand gains 1.40.

12 hours ago, kevin bass said:

So Rew drops a point but Emil on the other hand gains 1.40.

Rew actually 3.38 after 6 matches, but Regs don't allow GS lower than 4.00 for non-Brits.

Given that both Rew & Hume now have identical averages, would moving Rew to #6 and Hume to #2, with Barker going to #4, be a viable option for Monday's home match against Sheffield and for the following month.

The regs say:

In any declaration where 2 or more riders hold an identical MA (cannot be determined by a 3rd or more decimal point) then the re-declaration must nominate the hierarchical order.
Where riders have a previous MA, then the higher placed rider from the previous issue shall retain the higher position.

As Rew didn't have an MA as was assessed, then I think it allows us to move him to #6 if desired. If he did have an MA (not assessed), then he would have had to stay in the main body of the team.

Wow 3.38,,,and didn't he get a paid max in a meeting? Goes to show he doesn't seem to have done so well as some have said he has 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Wow 3.38,,,and didn't he get a paid max in a meeting? Goes to show he doesn't seem to have done so well as some have said he has 

That one not included as a cup match