British Speedway Forum

So realistically the only likely change/s is swapping out Thompson and getting Riss back in the team after the 28 days are up, which must be middle of next week? After that, we hope for the best… although Sheffield away looks very daunting! 

8 hours ago, MP78 said:

So realistically the only likely change/s is swapping out Thompson and getting Riss back in the team after the 28 days are up, which must be middle of next week? After that, we hope for the best… although Sheffield away looks very daunting! 

No Issue with Riss coming in when fit but they need to get Kemp on board after last night would be massive.

that would give you a chance of getting a heat advantage in heat 2 at home at least & Kemp chipping in with even a 2,3,4 points would take the pressure of Hume.

Let’s be honest I can’t see king going anywhere but they need to give the captains armband to Doyle. From what I’ve seen & heard kings attitude isn’t captain material.

What a shame that we are on the verge of wasting the blockbuster signing of Emil. I have a hunch & I hope I’m wrong but having Emil could be one season wonder giving the issues surrounding Peterborough & Wolves for 2024

I think both the Russians will be off once they are allowed to ride in other leagues . Until then they will remain "loyal" to the UK.

Amazing how things can change inside a few weeks - in April the Witches won at Leicester in the cup and all seemed fine - Kings form is a worry he  scored 11 at Leicester in that meeting.

Its clear than running withour Riss either as R/R or  with a 28 day replacement isn't working so something does need to be done.

9 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

I think both the Russians will be off once they are allowed to ride in other leagues . Until then they will remain "loyal" to the UK.

100% Laguta.

I could see Emil at Leicester next season though if he fancies another year in British Speedway.

I am desperately trying to convince myself that Chris has a plan and that all will be revealed after Eric's return to the track. I find it difficult to believe that the time and effort that was put in for Emil would be thrown away for loyalty to any rider. Or maybe just maybe they have tried and no one wants the job. 

7 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

They will drop the UK as soon as they are back in the GPs imo, which will likely be in 2024...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BluPanther said:

They will drop the UK as soon as they are back in the GPs imo, which will likely be in 2024...

Course they will ...They dont need England ..

17 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

Are attendances still well up after the initial meeting?

40 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Yes

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

They look healthy enough, but will be interesting to see how many stay at home on Monday and watch it on the TV...

• Like 1

Makes you wonder why if attendances are up at some tracks within the premiership, the owners seem more reliant on sponsors to foot the bill if changes are required

Erik scored 12+1 from 5 rides for Redcar this evening whilst Danny dropped just one point. Not the strongest opponents though, Berwick.  

5 minutes ago, tocha said:

Erik scored 12+1 from 5 rides for Redcar this evening whilst Danny dropped just one point. Not the strongest opponents though, Berwick.  

Good to see Erik back yes - high scores like you say not the strongest but maybe will boost confidence!

When can the Witches bring Erik back? Do we have to wait for the 28 days to finish?