British Speedway Forum

6 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

What will it take to for the Witches to make the play offs or is that now out of reach ?

Really need to win away at any (or all) of the top 4 clubs, not only gaining 3 extra points, but denying their opposition of the same points available. Can't see that happening at all, plus even if they do may not be enough!

6 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

A minor miracle. It will take Ipswich being nigh on unbeatable home and away from now on, whilst relying on one of the top four collapsing like a pack of cards. I’d rather they now had an eye on next year and tried out a couple of fresh faces from abroad. That would at least keep interest going for the remainder of the season. 

Agree totally. The play off ship sailed long ago. Unfortunately when we signed Doyle and Sayfuitinov and then got the rest, it's been a bit like buying a top of the range Bentley but then running it on paraffin!

7 hours ago, kevin bass said:

Personally think after last night it's all over, Ipi have been poor on the rd all season and none to convincing at home generally and the other 4 teams are all stronger on paper 1-7.

Exactly, we are relying on winning all of our matches and hoping the top 4 lose at home and I'm afraid it ain't going to happen.

1 hour ago, TB1 said:

Exactly, we are relying on winning all of our matches and hoping the top 4 lose at home and I'm afraid it ain't going to happen.

I guess in reality, the boat has long gone and Ipswich need to look at entertaining the loyal supporters with some  different meetings and trying new riders. They need to be inventive by wooing back supporters  with a festival of racing disciplines rather than league fixtures which will amount to nothing and lead to an early season finish. Even if the three East Anglian clubs came up with a mini league of pairs or 4TT etc, it is better than seeing an early season finish and why not bring back the 16 Lapper. One can only hope.

Louis did say pre-season he’d try and fit in the 16 lapper this year. Hope so. I don’t normally like individual meetings but that is one event I’ve loved since I was a kid and still do. 

Something is clearly not right with Riss. An inspired change has to be made now if we are to have any chance of making the top four. I know chances are very slim, but let's not throw in the towel quite yet...

I have some sympathy with Louis. The pre season loss of Thomas was massive & the illness issues Riss has had has been a blow. Both those guys fully fit in the team then I think we’re looking at a completely different scenario.

however to get the replacement of Thomas wrong twice is unforgivable & Riss should have been permanently replaced with someone other than Barker.

what’s left for this season? Either bring in two riders & go for broke trying to make the play off of bring in a couple for with a view to next season & get Doyle’s average down a bit.

as for next year I really hope Emil stays on board, Emil, doyle on a lower average & Rew for next year.

the rest requires a clear out…….although the make up of the league (s) will have a big impact on what comes next. 

up the witches

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Louis did say pre-season he’d try and fit in the 16 lapper this year. Hope so. I don’t normally like individual meetings but that is one event I’ve loved since I was a kid and still do. 

Agree never a huge fan of what I’d call filler / individual / pairs events etc but I also used to like the Super National Marathon they ran at Arena that was 12 laps 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

I have some sympathy with Louis. The pre season loss of Thomas was massive & the illness issues Riss has had has been a blow. Both those guys fully fit in the team then I think we’re looking at a completely different scenario.

however to get the replacement of Thomas wrong twice is unforgivable & Riss should have been permanently replaced with someone other than Barker.

what’s left for this season? Either bring in two riders & go for broke trying to make the play off of bring in a couple for with a view to next season & get Doyle’s average down a bit.

as for next year I really hope Emil stays on board, Emil, doyle on a lower average & Rew for next year.

the rest requires a clear out…….although the make up of the league (s) will have a big impact on what comes next. 

up the witches

Agree with every word here spot on. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Playing devils advocate....

Maybe it's Louis and Hawkins that need to go? :blink:

I don’t think so, the teams that Louis has put together have in the main been good but we have been unlucky with injuries over the years. Only 2021 was a poor year. And don’t forget that Louis also runs a club that doesn’t have the financial issues that seem to blight many these days. Hawkins is also a promoter so he isn’t going anywhere but his position as team manager must be looked at.

id like to see Mark Loram involved in the set up helping bring on the youngsters although he’d make a good manager if he could fit it around his business commitments.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

I don’t think so, the teams that Louis has put together have in the main been good but we have been unlucky with injuries over the years. Only 2021 was a poor year. And don’t forget that Louis also runs a club that doesn’t have the financial issues that seem to blight many these days. Hawkins is also a promoter so he isn’t going anywhere but his position as team manager must be looked at.

id like to see Mark Loram involved in the set up helping bring on the youngsters although he’d make a good manager if he could fit it around his business commitments.

I agree that new blood is needed in the team and management. Ritchie has had many seasons now and hasn't improved making the same mistakes over and over again. Time to let someone else have a go.

3 hours ago, 2ndbend said:

I agree that new blood is needed in the team and management. Ritchie has had many seasons now and hasn't improved making the same mistakes over and over again. Time to let someone else have a go.

Trouble is,, there might not be anyone else that wants a go,, as its more than likely a voluntary job