British Speedway Forum

7 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Omg,,,, we so deserve a play off place,,,,,, not,,,, but hey ho,,, that's how the crumble cookies. All we need now is all the Belle Vue team to go down with food poisoning 

Bit harsh, they put together a great run of wins to finish the regular fixtures.

irrespective of whether it was us that got in the playoffs or not I’m glad leicester have ended up with egg in their face for what they did to bomber tbh. 

10 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Omg,,,, we so deserve a play off place,,,,,, not,,,, but hey ho,,, that's how the crumble cookies. All we need now is all the Belle Vue team to go down with food poisoning 

Oh yes we do - its all about the points and we got them.  Leicester threw it away 

Mental that this side has only just scraped into the play offs.

Poor form of Riss and Rew has undoubtedly been the main reason for this, many expected Rew to tear the league apart and he has been disappointing to put it lightly. Riss even worse although could just be coming into some form now.

Doyle and Emil have been superb but you'd have to think, should the league format stay similar next year (which is admittedly doubtful with the amount of clubs apparently closing this winter) then only one of them will remain. Way too top heavy using both of them.

Still can't see passed Belle Vue to win it this season.

10 hours ago, Baldyman said:

And Riss :o

9 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

And Riss :o

To make a good fight of it,, probably 3 witches riders need to also get it 

10 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Dickson should have acted sooner to get a replacement for Morris, Peterborough have proved there are riders who are willing to ride here.

Don't say that on the Leicester thread!!

• Haha 1

With the loss of wolves next season,,, I wonder if it would be giving someone like Berge a shot,,, as he would contribute some good points on the tracks we always struggle on,, like Sheffield and the NSS,,, and he should eventually learn to race Foxhall,,,,, just a left field thought 

On 9/7/2023 at 9:32 PM, Baldyman said:

Ipswich do "deserve" to be in the play-offs, how they got their is irrelevant. They finished 4th. 

I for one hope they win the league, because I hate play-offs & want everyone to agree with me, which they are more likely to do, if the team in 4th becomes Champions lol!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Baldyman said:

With the loss of wolves next season,,, I wonder if it would be giving someone like Berge a shot,,, as he would contribute some good points on the tracks we always struggle on,, like Sheffield and the NSS,,, and he should eventually learn to race Foxhall,,,,, just a left field thought 

Not for me, even when his home track was belle vue or Sheffield he blew way too hot and cold and inevitably went missing in big meetings. Think there’s an enough data on the likes of berge and bellego to just say they’re never going to show a consistent upside. 

much rather set about getting wojdylo signed up double lively for a similar/same average

3 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Not for me, even when his home track was belle vue or Sheffield he blew way too hot and cold and inevitably went missing in big meetings. Think there’s an enough data on the likes of berge and bellego to just say they’re never going to show a consistent upside. 

much rather set about getting wojdylo signed up double lively for a similar/same average

Although he wouldnt be my first choice either,,, I was trying to give an example of the type of rider we need,,, we always seem to go for riders that aren't great at home or away,,, and since belle Vue  and Sheffield are likely to be the 2 teams we all need to chase over the next few years,, we need riders that can race on tracks like that. The Pole you mentioned would be a good shout,,,but for some reason his visa wasn't extended this year,,, I think that was the reason for him leaving the Panthers. 

Might be a good idea to go after Tarensenko to,

Edited by Baldyman

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

Although he wouldnt be my first choice either,,, I was trying to give an example of the type of rider we need,,, we always seem to go for riders that aren't great at home or away,,, and since belle Vue  and Sheffield are likely to be the 2 teams we all need to chase over the next few years,, we need riders that can race on tracks like that. The Pole you mentioned would be a good shout,,,but for some reason his visa wasn't extended this year,,, I think that was the reason for him leaving the Panthers. 

Might be a good idea to go after Tarensenko to,

Big fan of tarasenko, think wojdylo was only a 28 day visa as it was rushed through - he stated on tv coverage he wanted to do a full year in uk next season. Said his favourite tracks are small fast and grippy so Ipswich fits the bill perfect!

I get what you mean about the type of rider - at personally think the Frenchman is rubbish haha

Do Ipswich stick with Riss next season, feel Erik owe Ippo that, an on form season, should add a point minimum.

1. Emil 10.10

2. Wojdylo 4.00

3. Riss 4.84

4. Klindt 6.89

5. Doyle 9.12

6. Rew 4.00

7. Thomas/Jenkins/Thompson (RS)

A season under Rews belt, Klindt a bit of an out there signing, but seems to have rode the track well recently, King going the other way maybe.