British Speedway Forum

31 minutes ago, Panthers99 said:

Do Ipswich stick with Riss next season, feel Erik owe Ippo that, an on form season, should add a point minimum.

1. Emil 10.10

2. Wojdylo 4.00

3. Riss 4.84

4. Klindt 6.89

5. Doyle 9.12

6. Rew 4.00

7. Thomas/Jenkins/Thompson (RS)

A season under Rews belt, Klindt a bit of an out there signing, but seems to have rode the track well recently, King going the other way maybe. 

Klint would worry me coming back from such a big accident in Poland 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Can a team keep the same 1-7 as they finished the previous season? Think they used to be able to. 

If not ... should be a rule

They can of they fit below the limit for the new season,,, why you would want to keep some of our riders though I wouldnt have a clue 

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

They can of they fit below the limit for the new season,,, why you would want to keep some of our riders though I wouldnt have a clue 

Didn't say I would.. just could a team do that? 

That rule was proposed in 97 - and quickly dropped after 98....... I wonder why :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

Do Ipswich stick with Riss next season, feel Erik owe Ippo that, an on form season, should add a point minimum.

1. Emil 10.10

2. Wojdylo 4.00

3. Riss 4.84

4. Klindt 6.89

5. Doyle 9.12

6. Rew 4.00

A season under Rews belt, Klindt a bit of an out there signing, but seems to have rode the track well recently, King going the other way maybe. 

Wojdylo was a 5.00 this season so don’t think he’d be 4 next!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Can a team keep the same 1-7 as they finished the previous season? Think they used to be able to. 

If not ... should be a rule

There are downsides to such a rule, it means one club is building to a higher limit than others, plus any clubs stepping up could really struggle to find riders. 

Another (perhaps unlikely) scenario could mean a rider demanding 2 or 3 times his current pay because he knows his team want to keep the same 7 riders?

For example Belle Vue are averaging 42.66, let's say Connor Bailey wants more money, if they don't agree they have to drop 3.66 to fit with a new team! Works the same with Bewley, he could say sign me on my Polish wages or replace me with a 4.34 rider?

On 9/10/2023 at 3:02 PM, Panthers99 said:

1. Emil 10.10

2. Wojdylo 4.00

3. Riss 4.84

4. Klindt 6.89

5. Doyle 9.12

6. Rew 4.00

Wouldn't the Pole be on a 5? 

Rew is a must on his average although I do feel like Ipswich doesn't suit him a great deal. He's looked fantastic in the SGP2 but can't seem to replicate it over here. 

Riss seems to be a cert now he's dropped so low and lets face it, you won't run without King in the 1-7. 

Thompson could feel pretty hard done by if not picked as a RS again after a real upturn in form over the last few weeks but can see them staying loyal to Thomas if he can get fit.

Biggest question is how do you replace Emil if he doesn't come back? Masters? 

2 minutes ago, DJC said:

Wouldn't the Pole be on a 5? 

Rew is a must on his average although I do feel like Ipswich doesn't suit him a great deal. He's looked fantastic in the SGP2 but can't seem to replicate it over here. 

Riss seems to be a cert now he's dropped so low and lets face it, you won't run without King in the 1-7. 

Thompson could feel pretty hard done by if not picked as a RS again after a real upturn in form over the last few weeks but can see them staying loyal to Thomas if he can get fit.

Biggest question is how do you replace Emil if he doesn't come back? Masters? 

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Rew ends up on his 4.00 average but riding at Belle Vue next season linking up with Lemon.

Rew has shown in some scores in Poland and in SGP2 loves a big track so Rew replacing say Wright if that keeps them under the 39? Limit next season is feasible in my book

• Like 1

On 7/11/2023 at 7:17 PM, BluPanther said:

Something is clearly not right with Riss. An inspired change has to be made now if we are to have any chance of making the top four. I know chances are very slim, but let's not throw in the towel quite yet...

When you have a few weeks away, only to come back and find that your 2 month old post has aged like a fine wine...:D

3 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Rew ends up on his 4.00 average but riding at Belle Vue next season linking up with Lemon.

Rew has shown in some scores in Poland and in SGP2 loves a big track so Rew replacing say Wright if that keeps them under the 39? Limit next season is feasible in my book

Don't think you're far off there.

Can't see Lidsey being back over here next year either. 

On 9/10/2023 at 7:55 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

That rule was proposed in 97 - and quickly dropped after 98....... I wonder why :)

Because you got Gollob on a ringer average :D

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2023 at 3:50 PM, DJC said:

Don't think you're far off there.

Can't see Lidsey being back over here next year either. 

I can see Rew replacing Lidsey at Belle Vue (that being the only change probably) because the Aces are way over the limit with their current 7

Edited by SpeedwayFan91
  • Like 1

Why would Ipswich let Rew go to Belle Vue and not take advantage of a season under his belt & a 4 point average

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bash said:

Why would Ipswich let Rew go to Belle Vue and not take advantage of a season under his belt & a 4 point average

Agree, Rew will be back next year I’m sure, found his feet in the past few weeks should kick on next year