British Speedway Forum

Nasty crash, best wishes to the lad...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sully said:

A guess or you know that to be the case regarding the takeover?

I have been told on very good authority that there is no takeover, for reasons unknown but this year it won’t be happening. 

1 hour ago, Blupanther said:

Safety standards in Aussie are crazy low, air fence been mandatory over here for how many years now? 15 or more at least

hopefully it’s not as serious as first feared and he’s swiftly on the mend

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blupanther said:

First off, i hope Rew has a speedy recovery 

But that track cannot be fit for purpose.I know you've gotta have a screw loose to do the sport, but surely any rider with a slight bit of common sense should have took one look at the standard and put their bikes back in the van? It just screams an accident waiting to happen, I know riders want to keep sharp over the winter but racing on that is beyond stupid.

• Like 1

Been hearing very strong talk that Emil has signed for Ipswich. That’s a brilliant signing if true ! 

I don't know where this Emil stuff keeps popping up from.

Unless circumstances have changed the last I heard in November was that (Artem, Emil and a few others) are racing as Polish citizens on Polish licences and they're not allowed to compete outside of Poland.

Granted my info might be old but I doubt it.

Edited by TTT

1 hour ago, Lynnfan91 said:

He has broken his back in 2 places

Options very limited to replace him now, could be looking at someone like Broc Nicol or Dillon Ruml, who else is out there?

4 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Options very limited to replace him now, could be looking at someone like Broc Nicol or Dillon Ruml, who else is out there?

Batchelor, Andersen, Craig Cook etc.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, spin king junior said:

First off, i hope Rew has a speedy recovery 

But that track cannot be fit for purpose.I know you've gotta have a screw loose to do the sport, but surely any rider with a slight bit of common sense should have took one look at the standard and put their bikes back in the van? It just screams an accident waiting to happen, I know riders want to keep sharp over the winter but racing on that is beyond stupid.

What do you think is wrong with the track?

11 minutes ago, TTT said:

Batchelor, Andersen, Craig Cook etc.

Depends who is lined up for the other 2 places, all the above are higher averages than Rew

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

It is NOT true so you can forget it.

I know 100 percent they have been in talks with him, I have been told today by a family member of a very experienced speedway rider that the deal is progressing well if not done. Obviously time will tell 

2 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Safety standards in Aussie are crazy low, air fence been mandatory over here for how many years now? 15 or more at least

hopefully it’s not as serious as first feared and he’s swiftly on the mend

Someone said on Facebook he got a lift back to the pits in a golf buggy sitting upright so might not be that bad ?