British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Sheffield Tigers v King's Lynn Stars, League Cup Final 1st Leg, 29/09/22

Weather not great about 20 mins away from sheffield, forecast does seem ok for today though so hopefully it can go ahead

Crossing my fingers we can keep it tight tonight. Obviously Alex and the boys will be going to win, but if we can get within 6 points i feel we have a chance at home in the 2nd leg.

I know in Sept the Tigers won 39-51 on their last visit, but 5 points between Josh and Richie won't happen again. Add to that Jonas Knudsen scored 3 points in for Freddie, who was on fire last time out. I know if my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle and all that, but..... 

Edited by Bald Bloke

Police incident outside track on penistone rd. police been there all day and rd still closed so hopefully it’s open for tonight and meeting goes ahead. 

There have been a fair amount of showers around today - wouldn’t have thought enough for it to be called off as yet, but some have been fairly heavy so you never know.

Looks like there was an incident with somebody having a gun and then crashing into a Police car on Penistone Road during the night. You would hope that they would have it cleared by rush hour otherwise traffic will be awful across the city

Didn't say it was a fatality on local news at 1.30pm. Said it was a police officer(special Constable) who was injured in the incident, but not seriously. Unless there has been a further development?

3 minutes ago, Steve55 said:

Didn't say it was a fatality on local news at 1.30pm. Said it was a police officer(special Constable) who was injured in the incident, but not seriously. Unless there has been a further development?

Yes that’s what I ve been told too

The disruptions to Sheffield's season just go on and on. As well as our usual ration of weather interruptions, we've had meetings postponed or severely disrupted by the bursting of an air-fence linkage, failure of the starting-tapes, fence-posts damaged by contractors, a shortage of tyres, the death of a monarch and now - it would appear - a murder. I'm seriously expecting a sink-hole to open up and swallow the stadium. It's never-ending: you couldn't make this stuff up.

1 hour ago, Steve55 said:

Was told it's a fatal, by someone sitting in their van talking to the police outside the stadium. Who knows?