British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue v Ipswich Play off semi 2nd leg 3 Oct

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Seriously. We could actually count the number of fans on the back straight. Be lucky to have had 12-1400 in the whole stadium. 

Sorry Steve didn't know you was actually there, but hey we all know by now you know best.  

59 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Let's hope Belle Vue actually turn up to the final this season unlike when they lost to 6 mobility scooters and a kid on a skateboard last year 

Time to remove the trophy icon with big wooden spoon :rofl:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Seriously. We could actually count the number of fans on the back straight. Be lucky to have had 12-1400 in the whole stadium. 

If you can't back up your posts, stop making a fool of yourself.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What is this utter BS bringing in Lambert?

Funny, when I read about it, it reminded me of Poole drafting in Greg Hancock just for the play-off's against the Brummies in 2013. Didn't hear any Poole fans complaining about it back then.

Edited by uk_martin

1 hour ago, uk_martin said:

Funny, when I read about it, it reminded me of Poole drafting in Greg Hancock just for the play-off's against the Brummies in 2013. Didn't hear any Poole fans complaining about it back then.

Ah. That old myth. Don’t let the truth get in the way of a fevered defence of the indefensible. Hancock first rode for Poole on 5 August 2013 and completed 4 home and 3 away meetings before the play offs. Hardly being signed “just for the play offs”

• Like 2

Good to see Lambert back in the UK (regardless of circumstances:neutral:) - will he be back next season tho?

Witches tried in the opening half of the meeting but fell away badly as the night progressed - they were out of it and it showed sadly! If its a Sheffield v Bv final I will certainly attend the Owlerton leg

Edited by GeneralMelchett

34 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Ah. That old myth. Don’t let the truth get in the way of a fevered defence of the indefensible. Hancock first rode for Poole on 5 August 2013 and completed 4 home and 3 away meetings before the play offs. Hardly being signed “just for the play offs”

and you really believe that oh dear :nono:

43 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

He’s was replacing Chris Holder who had suffered multiple injuries similar to Max this year. Something that bizarrely BSF get off on as it weakens their rivals. Bit sick if you ask me but everyone’s different I suppose. 

The worse thing about that particular season was Middlo forcing his riders out onto a dangerous rain effected track he himself said was bad. My low opinion of him dropped even lower as I still had poor Chris’ incident in my mind. All for a bit of silverware, shocking. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GAH said:

He did,i'm not a Poole fan but it doesn't take too much delving to see he had plenty of meetings before the play offs.Go have a look and then you will believe it.Oh dear:t:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

He did,i'm not a Poole fan but it doesn't take too much delving to see he had plenty of meetings before the play offs.Go have a look and then you will believe it.Oh dear:t:

i'd no need to i know it's correct  but we all know the motive behind it like  woffinden at wolves all to win play/offs why didn't they start with them ?? all underhand tatics within the rules Aces have a genuine case injured number 1 rider and suddenly it's all wrong well tough luck lamberts riding so tough luck !!

19 minutes ago, GAH said:

i'd no need to i know it's correct  but we all know the motive behind it like  woffinden at wolves all to win play/offs why didn't they start with them ?? all underhand tatics within the rules Aces have a genuine case injured number 1 rider and suddenly it's all wrong well tough luck lamberts riding so tough luck !!

What an earth is the matter with you:blink:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, GAH said:

That’s the the thing though it is against the rules, trouble is the rules are written so badly they can be exploited at will. Strange how we were refused permission to use Tai when Freddy and Jacob got injured in the 2017 semi final. Then again, I doubt we threatened legal action over it.

19 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think he did, Was an easy 2 or 3k, and was easy for him. See if he's back next year

Why would he come back next year

9 minutes ago, 1984Star said:

Why would he come back next year

I doubt if he would.

1 hour ago, GAH said:

I do believe it - because I was co-promoter at the time. Greg was running out of meetings in Poland and Sweden but still had five or six GPs left so was happy to keep match fit. It wasn’t originally known if he’d stay for the play offs - it wasn’t guaranteed when he signed that Poole would even make the play offs - but he chose to stay till the end of the season. 
He worked hard for and with the team, and helped Poole to the title against a very dominant Birmingham. 

• Like 1