British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Redcar v Poole 7th Oct 2022. K O Cup Final First Leg

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Chances of him returning are slim. Several changes muted. 

If points limit is down to 38, I can see him being in. He deserves it, his performances and determination in last few weeks have gone into overdrive. 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes bloody frustrating. Steve not at his best tonight.

I blame Wolves personally. ;)

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Definitely by Redcar I would have thought! Since moving to no2 he's been on fire! 

There not premier league :nono:

Excellent win and meeting,the way Ben Cook is riding at present seems like we have four number one's.Streaming was ok good commentary pity he was on his own but did well,could have done with some interviews during and after the meeting and camera in pits  would be good but don't know who pays for it maybe not a big budget but enjoyable.

Well done to both Cooks paid 14 each. As for next season as usual it'll come down to the numbers game as to who stays and who goes. COYP. As for Ben in the Prem he'll need to get his visa changed first.

Edited by Skidder1

1 minute ago, old bob at herne bay said:

With such a slender away win, Poole haven’t  left much wiggle room for the 2 Cook boys to have a ‘mare of a meeting to get their CMA down  for 2023. 

I wouldn't call 7 points a slender win 

Sorry for the change of subject, but does anyone know when the Julie Lewis Memorial meeting is?  I have had a look on  the Redcar ficture list

But it isnt listed. I went last year  and was looking forward to go this year but cant find a date.

41 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

With such a slender away win, Poole haven’t  left much wiggle room for the 2 Cook boys to have a ‘mare of a meeting to get their CMA down  for 2023. 

Cup matches and play-offs don't count in Green Sheets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Slender compared to a 30 point thrashing. 

Aahhh … KOC points don’t count towards CMA. Middleditch will have to get his slide rule out again.

I think the tie would have been over if Worrall had rode to form, plus the mishaps for Kemp, Worrall and King 

1 hour ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Slender compared to a 30 point thrashing. 

Aahhh … KOC points don’t count towards CMA. Middleditch will have to get his slide rule out again.

Who wins by 30 points in an away meeting? 

1 hour ago, archie21 said:

Sorry for the change of subject, but does anyone know when the Julie Lewis Memorial meeting is?  I have had a look on  the Redcar ficture list

But it isnt listed. I went last year  and was looking forward to go this year but cant find a date.

It’s not being run this year, we end the season with the Silver Helmet on the 21st of October 

seems churlish to complain after the season we've had but our young uns have blown so hot and cold this season.