British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Forecast prob change before then! Even Weds not looking that bad anymore on BBC breakfast this morning! Should have done it today really. 

Today is not a race night and would affect crowd far worse than going up against the Cherries. Friday obvious choice. Depends whether the showers hit or miss. Sundays forecast identical to Fridays.

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Forecast prob change before then! Even Weds not looking that bad anymore on BBC breakfast this morning! Should have done it today really. 

Heavy rain forecast tomorrow about 5 on Met Office but Friday looks slightly better, I would imagine they won't call it off until at least Thursday and it could have improved by then.

13 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Bournemouth Vs Southampton in football. Crowd would be down by a third imo. Though weather is way worse on Weds than Friday anyway! 

Its as much to do with the stewarding, bars, security and H&S staff, many of whom also work at the Vitality Stadium!! Similarly its why weekend meetings have to be planned well in advance and cannot just be slotted in if a Wednesday meeting is called off.

Edited by Skidder1

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Is that instead of Sheffield? 

Yes it is, announced earlier today

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Haha. Although us Southampton fans would probably be happy to give the footie a miss, same with Leicester footie fans too I think (if theirs clashed) :D

Poole and a Southampton fan you and me will fall out Lisa lol .

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Its as much to do with the stewarding, bars, security and H&S staff, many of whom also work at the Vitality Stadium!! Similarly its why weekend meetings have to be planned well in advance and cannot just be slotted in if a Wednesday meeting is called off.

'Dean Court' please?

I refuse to call it the 'V' word!! :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Poole and a Southampton fan you and me will fall out Lisa lol .

Haha. So will watch the Richard Lawson interview by Piratecast on YT and then watch the second half of the footie, as I think it is on Amazon Prime. When I turn it on prob be 5-0 down :cry:-_-

• Like 1

Latest forecast is now worse for Friday with heavy showers and the Der storms for 7pm. Think Saturday should go ahead at Leicester with the following Wednesday at Poole. Makes sense and geb]berates the most in one for both clubs. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, AFCB Wildcat said:

'Dean Court' please?

I refuse to call it the 'V' word!! :D

Yes of course. Living 3 minutes away I should have realised!!!:party:

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Latest forecast is now worse for Friday with heavy showers and the Der storms for 7pm. Think Saturday should go ahead at Leicester with the following Wednesday at Poole. Makes sense and geb]berates the most in one for both clubs. 

It mate the dry rain you've referred to in the past:rofl:

51 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Forecast will probably change again, too early for an accurate prediction. 

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Forecast will probably change again, too early for an accurate prediction. 

Closer to the date, more accurate the forecast. Fingers crossed the showers dodge the stadium. 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

leicester won’t run first leg think dates are in place if poole first round cancelled 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mac101 said:

leicester won’t run first leg think dates are in place if poole first round cancelled 

I don't think that is true, they wouldn't cancel a meeting just because they want to hold the second leg. 

I see Leicester cubs are riding Friday night, were will the Thompson twins ride if on