British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

1 minute ago, Lefty said:

52 mins after Steve Shovlar''s post on page 75.  Very poor communication given the travel distance from Poole. 

As stated before it's not what you know its who!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Surely Morris will have to delay his leaving date? 

Not if its after Oct 31, as season/contracts end then.   

Leicester will be granted a facility, given what's been allowed in the past when seasons have over-run.

As a footnote, even the most rabid BSPL-haters must surely admit that this quite exceptionally-wet October is hardly the fault of the speedway authorities ......

• Like 2

A totally dry day in Leicester and they can't prepare a track that'll be ready. They need to be better prepared in the future. Tomorrow is different, heavy rain forecast right at the wrong time, 6pm.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Leicester will be granted a facility, given what's been allowed in the past when seasons have over-run.

As a footnote, even the most rabid BSPL-haters must surely admit that this quite exceptionally-wet October is hardly the fault of the speedway authorities ......

Weather isn’t the fault of the authorities. Planning is though! And all clubs must share the responsibility of what is now happening, delay meetings due to riders being unfit etc hasn’t helped. Lesson’s must be learnt but like year on year they never are and I’m sure in 2023 this will happen again. 

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 5

Well I posted it was off nearly an hour before it was made official. I don’t understand why there was such a delay in getting it online. Takes a few seconds to type it and post on Twitter, then a few minutes to get it on the website.

Next Friday is the date at the moment though surely next Saturday would mean a bigger crowd with more travelling support.

As for getting a blade in to remove the slop, why has it taken so long for the bleeding obvious to happen?

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

A totally dry day in Leicester and they can't prepare a track that'll be ready. They need to be better prepared in the future. Tomorrow is different, heavy rain forecast right at the wrong time, 6pm.

It’s done nothing but chuck it down for days on end, it’s October. What should they have done? 

On 10/28/2022 at 11:05 AM, iainb said:

4th of November was "reasonable" last year

Looks like it's going to have to be reasonable this year too :t:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

It may be dry as in 'no rain' today but we have had rain every day for weeks so your always fighting a losing battle sadly. And it's not warm enough to dry it out sufficiently. But we all know this is what happens in October. Why people expect anything else is beyond me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well I posted it was off nearly an hour before it was made official. I don’t understand why there was such a delay in getting it online. Takes a few seconds to type it and post on Twitter, then a few minutes to get it on the website.

Next Friday is the date at the moment though surely next Saturday would mean a bigger crowd with more travelling support.

As for getting a blade in to remove the slop, why has it taken so long for the bleeding obvious to happen?

I see Poole have said there will be no coaches being run for the rescheduled match now. 

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Why because Howarth should be back from his honeymoon by then 

1 minute ago, daz9100 said:

I see Poole have said there will be no coaches being run for the rescheduled match now. 

That's a good 150 off the attendance then 

3 hours ago, Pinny said:

An absolute farce how we are in the final week of October, in fact the final two days of October, and there are various meetings that are still to take place.

To be honest, each year since Newport folded my interest has faded more and more but have still had a quick browse on here a few times a week and find it baffling how so many clubs had empty race nights during the hottest and driest UK summer for some time yet there is a big scramble to try and complete meetings now.

Another huge subject to discuss and attempt to sort out at the AGM this winter.

Leicesteronly had one. No other club would come to Leicester on that evening.

I apologise to track staff who were upset by a post I made on Friday. It sounds like they've been struggling "against the odds" and that the equipment they've got to work with, whilst usually sufficient, has only provided limited assistance in combatting the "enemy" since 15th October.

In mitigation, my posts to this forum about Leicester since the new owners took over have been overall positive and I probably on this occasion got swept along with the general level of feelings about this ridiculous situation which is surely down to lack of foresight and planning by those who run the sport.

It's also been annoying that a Poole supporter seems to have had "inside knowledge", which he has broadcast on here including about the state of the Leicester circuit (as is his right, I suppose, providing that it is true) before such information has been provided locally. But it's just annoying, nothing more.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Don’t think Saturday is a good option as it’s Bonfire night,Staff working other events,  Leicester City on TV and possibly issues getting medical staff as may be needed at other events 

Sunday seems the best option for fans of both clubs as a lot of rain is due to fall from Wednesday until Thursday night 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Comets got fined for not completing fixtures before official season end of october 31!  And we were only 5 races short!