British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

2 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Leicester should be apologising to the fans of both Poole and Leicester for this absolute **** show.

If the track was graded off early last week after the initial call off the meeting would have gone ahead! Taking it down to the base taking off all the slop, leave it to breath, if it rained again it would have simply run off (as long as their drains are decent to take the water away) the rain wouldn’t of remained in the track as no material for it to stick too. A day before the meeting start laying the new surface, let’s face it buster has done it in 2 hours before so proves can be done with good planning and correct machinery - again no one else’s fault but Leicester for not organising this sooner. They will be hit on the gate now as less will travel with no coach on offer.

I would imagine now the BSPA will be monitoring track works but they should have been doing this a week ago.

As it has been stated before; you cannot do the work suggested when it is pouring with rain. BSFC  and Stewart (on BSN) explained trhe situation: they were taking water off the circuit as quick as they could but there had been rain for several days.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Why? To suit Paul. No chance!

Paul or Poole don't mind where 

Edited by Arthur54

4 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Oxford would be good for both sets of fans 

How would this suit Leicester in any way?

3 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

How would this suit Leicester in any way?

Neutral track and not far for both sets of fans 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, iainb said:

You would have hoped that there would have been some kind of statement from somebody in authority about:

The PL League Cup Final 2nd leg

The CL PO Final 2nd leg

The NDL PO Final 2nd leg

The Premiership Pairs 6th leg

The Jubilee Trophy Final 1st leg

The Jubilee Trophy Final 2nd leg

matches still being unplayed at the official end of the season and when they are going to be scheduled to be run 

But as usual... Silence!

If Rob Godrey doesn't resign after this omnishambles he never will. 

My view point is there has been ample time to race these meetings prior to the close of season deadline so the home teams should forfit the result 0 - 75.

I think a lot of these fixtures have been delayed because one or the other club wants to host the final leg. I don't care who is to blame but it needs sorting! 

24 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Neutral track and not far for both sets of fans 

Not neutral though Poo have already done their home leg. 

Totally disagree with going past the 31st, it just means next season will be the same, no rush, no hurry, because they can always use November if needed.

Personally I don’t care who wins it now, and I hope those outstanding fixtures are not given a chance to take place by our friend, the weather. (Shock horror, I’ve turned into a Plymouth fan, hoping for rain offs JOKE)

The situation has been explained and why it has happened. 

That is unfortunate, I agree. 

The meeting will not be at another track, it will be at Leicester. Get some perspective, the meeting will go ahead as soon as all the work has been completed. It is also worth bearing in mind that the Leicester track curator was taken to hospital. Is it really worth time and energy repeating the same things over and over. ? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Technik said:

My view point is there has been ample time to race these meetings prior to the close of season deadline so the home teams should forfit the result 0 - 75.

I think a lot of these fixtures have been delayed because one or the other club wants to host the final leg. I don't care who is to blame but it needs sorting! 

Why should it be the home team? We often hear that visiting teams don't want to race on a date that is offered. I agree that something urgently needs sorting out but saying it is always the home team at fault is just not fair.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Technik said:

If you could re-wind back to March this year:

A league of 11 comprising 10 home and 10 away matches. Complete by 31 July, no ifs or buts.

Top 5 play each other - 4 home, 4 away. Complete by 30 Sept with fixtures set by the SCB. Exceptional permission to extend to 6 October. League winners are CL Champions. No playoffs. No pratting about with "we have to have our home leg first". 

Teams finishing in positions 5-11 (5-10 in actual case with Newcastle's demise) have a mini-league of homes and aways, completion by mid October. Call it Division 3, or whatever but give the winners a cup!

KO Cup runs through the season but is lowest priority.

26 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Not neutral though Poo have already done their home leg. 

And Leicester have called 3 matches off, how much longer can this go on 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, justathought said:

The situation has been explained and why it has happened. 

That is unfortunate, I agree. 

The meeting will not be at another track, it will be at Leicester. Get some perspective, the meeting will go ahead as soon as all the work has been completed. It is also worth bearing in mind that the Leicester track curator was taken to hospital. Is it really worth time and energy repeating the same things over and over. ? 

Good luck. Hope things go right for you and it turns out fine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trackrat said:

Why? To suit Paul. No chance!

Starke or Hurry? Neither will be riding, so all good :t:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

And Leicester have called 3 matches off, how much longer can this go on 

Maybe Santa will be able to guest for Nick Morris! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Good luck. Hope things go right for you and it turns out fine. 

Well play off final second leg was on Nov 4th last year and don't remember weather being an issue on the day. The main trouble being as Leicester needing 2 dry days to dry the track out. Very hard to do this time of year. And it has been 20 odd degrees last week or so. If temperature then returns to average how many dry days will Leicester need then? 4? 5? 

Edited by lisa-colette