British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Poole v Leicester v Poole play off final 21/22 October

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

Lawson is certainly on the slightly more attractive average and of course is a Poole asset.

Pretty sure the ink has dried on that contract. 
Can we keep the top 3 under the point limit?

King, Worrall, Lawson, Ben & Zach, Complin and Ablitt?

Edited by Pirates Of Poole

52 minutes ago, lewy said:

Well done Poole on winning the playoffs, congratulations Leicester on winning the league. 

If anyone has a direct line to God, could you mention that, if Jesus is looking for some more fishermen, there’s one on the south coast called Lewy!

• Haha 2

Just now, Pirates Of Poole said:

To be fair Skidder it started well before heat 14! His body language wasn’t the best after his third ride and just got worse, no excuses for not being out on track with the boys after heat 12, before the heat 14 antics.

Oh I agree.  He's not a particular favourite of mine. I'm also not impressed with his warm up lap wheelies and then not delivering in the meeting!!

As I said he needs to listen and learn from more experienced team members whether for Poole or Wolves!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Depends on the final agreed points limit as well as the final team building rider averages, especially after the article in this week's Speedway Star?!

4 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

If anyone has a direct line to God, could you mention that, if Jesus is looking for some more fishermen, there’s one on the south coast called Lewy!

I think you'll find thats south west coast!!;)

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Depends on the final agreed points limit as well as the final team building rider averages, especially after the article in this week's Speedway Star?!

Understand it’s 40 from what I was told last night?

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Oh I agree.  He's not a particular favourite of mine. I'm also not impressed with his warm up lap wheelies and then not delivering in the meeting!!

As I said he needs to listen and learn from more experienced team members whether for Poole or Wolves!

He has so much potential and natural talent, that’s the sad thing. Hope he can get his head in the right place for 2023. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Well done Poole on winning the playoffs, congratulations Leicester on winning the league. 

Poole won the league. And the KO Cup. There is no argument. Leicester won nothing however you dress it up.

Poole are deserved Champions! :)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Do we think Ablitt would improve enough to be worthy of a team place next season.This season he hasn't won a race and would the Ford's build a 6 man team again as that's really what we had this season although it worked out well.

7 minutes ago, Essex said:

Do we think Ablitt would improve enough to be worthy of a team place next season.This season he hasn't won a race and would the Ford's build a 6 man team again as that's really what we had this season although it worked out well.

If the proposed limit is agreed I think a few 2.00 point riders are going to be needed, talking to another promoter recently and they would take Nathan if Poole don't use him.

Re: Drew. He clearly has ability it’s there for all to see. But he seems held back by his temperament. He rarely smiles, seems withdrawn and if he has a bad first ride seems to sulk rather than geeing himself up. His head tells him he can win heat 14 and he normally does. But often it is too little too late. Last night he was in a great battle until the spokes were ripped out of his wheel. But it caused him a massive strop, enough to miss the celebrations. 

There’s no doubt the ability is there but being held back. Perhaps having a course with a sports psychologist might be the way for him to overcome the issues he seems to have during meetings. His temperament definitely looks to hold back the potential. 

18 minutes ago, sugarray said:

If the proposed limit is agreed I think a few 2.00 point riders are going to be needed, talking to another promoter recently and they would take Nathan if Poole don't use him.

Cough - Plymouth - May :)

is there any new 2.00 coming up through the system that would be any better? I honestly don’t know. Maybe there is someone but would they score more than Nathan?

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Nathan is a nice likeable lad and not scoring doesn’t seem to get him down. He is young and raw and it’s no surprise another promoter would take him on if we don’t.

Congratulations to Poole on winning last night they were the best team on the night at Kings Lynn

I do believe that had the meeting been at Leicester on a usual grippy track then Leicester would have won on the night and been very close maybe 2 point sway as don’t think Lawson would go unbeaten with Morris and Worrall to beat him and although in good form both the Cook brothers wouldn’t have scored the same amount. On a similar note both Thompson twins would have scored more as well. 

Overall a good nights racing and a big shame more didn’t attend to watch it live but I do understand why with the early start and distance involved.

It’s interesting reading Poole fans comments for  next season and their views on Kemp and Ablitt, What would Poole fans views on replacing them two with the Thompson twins ?