British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

7 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

So where does all of this put Sheffield now? as I,m lead to believe that the bates's can,t promote both teams in the same league?

Can't they? Berwick and Oxford are in the same league! They have same promoter. 

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

So does Lynn and Peterborough? 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

So where does all of this put Sheffield now? as I,m lead to believe that the bates's can,t promote both teams in the same league?

There will be a puppet on a stick nominally fronting one club....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Gary flint and Stephen dews berwick promoters

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Is Bates one of the directors on the board? I think the connection implied was if BV let Leicester have Brady next season then they will reverse their decision. Bit of a clutching at straws suggestion mind you!

Although if Poole own Brady then between Poole, Brady and Leicester anyway! 

riders dictate where they want to ride you can't force a rider to ride for you if he doesn't want to !! from NSS to Leicester what a come down that would be for any rider :nono:

18 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Courtney is not the Promoter at Berwick.He is a director on the Board of Berwick Promotions.Flint and Dews hold the BSPL Club licence.

Edited by Fromafar

34 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

Damien Bates promotes Sheffield. Leicester is promoted by Marc Bates & Stewart Dickson

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Moranboys said:

As per each club's website, Damien listed as a Sheffield promoter, Marc listed by Leicester.

24 minutes ago, mc131 said:

Gary flint and Stephen dews berwick promoters

Owner then? Tbf wasn't 100% if it was promoter or owner of the club. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Bump said:

Damien Bates promotes Sheffield. Leicester is promoted by Marc Bates & Stewart Dickson

What about David Darcy?

21 minutes ago, GAH said:

riders dictate where they want to ride you can't force a rider to ride for you if he doesn't want to !! from NSS to Leicester what a come down that would be for any rider :nono:

I know that but still need to sort out a loan fee with Poole is all I meant. Also BV don't really have any say if he goes to Leicester. Personally think he is trying to cut down on weekly travelling as still staying at Middlo's. 

12 minutes ago, Mr Bump said:

Edited by lisa-colette
Wrong post lol

22 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Courtney is not the Promoter at Berwick.He is a director on the Board of Berwick Promotions.Flint and Dews hold the BSPL Club licence.

Okay, thanks! :t:

36 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

So does Lynn and Peterborough? 

Richard Greer and Carl Johnson are the promoters of Peterborough 

King's Lynn Keith Chapman, Robin Brundle & Dale Allitt

Edited by Flappy

27 minutes ago, GAH said:

Perhaps he feels he needs a change?

Anyway you won't fit him in once you've signed Lambert, Bewley & Fricke.....