British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

17 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Putting the highest average rider at 1 ensures that the two number 1s meet at least twice - for an exciting opening heat and a big Ht 13 (hopefully :-) )

13 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Personally I can understand riders sussing out the Track in Ht1 especially if they miss the gate.Nobody rides the outside line at most tracks in the early Heats as the grip is usually on the inside anyway.

In my experience heat 1 is often one of the poorest of the night unless you're excited by potential track records

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

Yes, he rode as a guest at Leicester some years ago and I remember being impressed. Perhaps someone can remember when it was.

Was it in a "fixture filler" 4TT at back end of the 2011 season? Also I vaguely recall he was riding under a different name, or the programme had his name incorrect. 

Leicester are certainly 'speculating to accumulate' with their first 2 signings. Neither will come cheap so I hope the Lions fans turn up in huge numbers on Thursday nights!!

19 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Gutted to see max leave. You will love his never say die attitude. 

Also if Leicester make the play offs he comes with a ready made replacement  who is only a phone call away if required :t:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, iainb said:

In my experience heat 1 is often one of the poorest of the night unless you're excited by potential track records

Not since Ray Wilson was at his peak, anyway. Often steamed through inside on bends 3 and 4 "get out of my way"

2 hours ago, Big Al said:

Was it in a "fixture filler" 4TT at back end of the 2011 season? Also I vaguely recall he was riding under a different name, or the programme had his name incorrect. 

Max scored 8 + 1 guesting for Coventry against Leicester at Leicester in the Premier League on 19th April 2014. He was an Edinburgh rider at that time. For the record the Bees won 50.40.

Who gets the gig at No.4 then...

1. Max Fricke

2. 5.48 or 5.81 (Scott Nicholls sized gap)

3. Chris Harris

4. Nick Morris / Richie Worrall

5. Richard Lawson

6. Connor Mountain

7. Dan Thompson

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Who gets the gig at No.4 then...

1. Max Fricke

2. 5.48 or 5.81 (Scott Nicholls sized gap)

3. Chris Harris

4. Nick Morris / Richie Worrall

5. Richard Lawson

6. Connor Mountain

7. Dan Thompson

Think it will be Morris but happy with either

On 11/18/2022 at 12:03 PM, lisa-colette said:

Maybe it used to be better? As Erik Riss said he used to like Leicester but doesn't like it now. Actually one of the few riders who will answer the question 'what track do you hate?' !! He said Leicester and Plymouth. 

Sam masters has always been pretty up front with his dislike of Scunthorpe! 

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

Sam masters has always been pretty up front with his dislike of Scunthorpe! 

Oh okay, didn't realise that! 

On 11/18/2022 at 8:38 AM, Col said:

There is a rumour that RS's from last year who are no longer on the RS list (not that it has been published AFAIK) get 25% off their average.

22 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

I thought that was if the RS scheme was dropped which it hasn’t been

My memory is when the RS system started, the rules said when a rider was no longer eligible to be a RS he would get a 25% reduction to help them get a team spot the following season.

However they also said it was a 5 year plan, which the Championship dropped after ONE season so who knows if that rule is still in place?

8 hours ago, iainb said:

All round the line ...... if only they sent someone out on that old track spare with castrol r in to mix the track up ready for the first race action and provide the crowd with THAT SMELL at the same time yewww :D

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Putting the highest average rider at 1 ensures that the two number 1s meet at least twice - for an exciting opening heat and a big Ht 13 (hopefully :-) )

Understand what you are saying but it is not necessary the case. A ‘No.1’ may have an average of 0.01 above the next rider in their team. Couple that scenario with the other team and the case for having your best rider at No.1 appears a little weak. Just keep the two lowest average riders at 6 & 7 and let team managers sort the remaining rider order out (as in the good old days). Current heat permutations are geared towards protecting riders which is just an unfortunate reflection of an ability gap in the sport. In my opinion you are there to compete. It’s tough, but if you are dedicated you will stick at it to see how far you will go. I know there is a shortage of riders and some will only become NDL veterans, but ‘protected’ races is it a bit like a football match where only younger players can be tackled by other young players. If you are in the 1 to 7 of a team in whatever league, you should have to deal with it.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Understand what you are saying but it is not necessary the case. A ‘No.1’ may have an average of 0.01 above the next rider in their team. Couple that scenario with the other team and the case for having your best rider at No.1 appears a little weak. Just keep the two lowest average riders at 6 & 7 and let team managers sort the remaining rider order out (as in the good old days). Current heat permutations are geared towards protecting riders which is just an unfortunate reflection of an ability gap in the sport. In my opinion you are there to compete. It’s tough, but if you are dedicated you will stick at it to see how far you will go. I know there is a shortage of riders and some will only become NDL veterans, but ‘protected’ races is it a bit like a football match where only younger players can be tackled by other young players. If you are in the 1 to 7 of a team in whatever league, you should have to deal with it.

Good post .....

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Leicester are certainly 'speculating to accumulate' with their first 2 signings. Neither will come cheap so I hope the Lions fans turn up in huge numbers on Thursday nights!!

I think if we have mountain and Dan Thomson at reserve that may soften the blow a little! Think the crowds will big hit and miss. Fans are split on moving up