British Speedway Forum
PhilTheAce

Leicester lions 2023 (PREMIERSHIP)

32 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Probably a bit of Bates bravado as he's on the BSPL Executive Board! Has to be seen to 'do his bit' to 'strengthen' the Prem.:rolleyes:

Yeah it’s a bit of “join the club”.

6 hours ago, Fromafar said:

They misjudged it the last time though.The race night is probably their biggest worry.Good luck to them though.

Bates wasn't the promoter last time. As you say, good luck to them. I also think they will get more away fans next season.

6 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

I don't think anything at Beaumont Park is owned by Leicester Speedway. It's owned by Leicester City Council and leased to David Helmsley who sub leases parts to Leicester Speedway.

I'm sure Mr Helmsley wouldn't object to holes in his car park being filled in by Leicester Speedway!

You are correct in what you say, but the car park is not included,  also it is used 7 days a week by 2 other companies, I would imagine they pay for the privilege of use, so my question to you would be why should it fall on the speedway to repair it or pay for it?

I have filled in many pot holes in the car park In the past, all free of charge and all in my spare time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Why didn’t the crowds turn up though,or did they but “he” couldn’t run a raffle.!

The team struggled and it just went further downhill after Doyle realised he needed to get out. Just a very poor "product" which people walked away from.

8 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Yeah it’s a bit of “join the club”.

Isn’t he already a member of “The Club” by being owner/promoter of Sheffield?

13 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Isn’t he already a member of “The Club” by being owner/promoter of Sheffield?

Maybe he asked himself to join then.!!

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Lawson confirmed

Great signing for us. He's always liked Leicester's track and had a great year last season. Welcome Richard 

39 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

Sheffield and Leicester will be the team to beat this year IMHO

I think it depends on who belle Vue snap up as well. 

1.fricke 2.nicholls 3.Harris 4. Morris 5. Lawson 6. Mountain 7. Thomson is a decent side

39 minutes ago, FishersGate said:

I think it depends on who belle Vue snap up as well. 

1.fricke 2.nicholls 3.Harris 4. Morris 5. Lawson 6. Mountain 7. Thomson is a decent side

Fricke

harris

lawson

morris

Someone

mountain

RS

that’s what I can see. Good team that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

Big call that 

3 hours ago, FishersGate said:

Great signing for us. He's always liked Leicester's track and had a great year last season. Welcome Richard 

King's Lynn's loss Leicester's gain. An excellent side being built there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Sheffield look amazing. They've basically swapped the 2022 reserves for Bellego and Gilkes which makes them stronger imo.

Leicester will go unbeaten at Home imo but they'll be suspect on the road imo if the rumoured 1-7 is true. 

Nick Morris let Wolves down consistently on the road last year. Nicholls isn't good around the big PL tracks anymore. Young Dan Thompson will be visiting tracks for the first time so I wouldn't expect too much from him on the road which would be understandable. Connor Mountain will have to step up and do a really good job at No.6.

Edited by TTT